Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Sat 27-Jul-19 06:15:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start but cooler here in Brackley after overnight rain.
Usual day out to Buckingham and Bicester , hoping the flea market is on ,and any further wet weather does not stop it.
A coffee in Bicester then back on X5 to Buckingham for a coffee and sarny , browse flea market weather permitting then wait for bus home.
Then watch the penultimate stage of the Tour De France, which will be interesting after yesterdays stage and watch the drama unfold.
Mick

vena11 Sat 27-Jul-19 08:53:26

Morning all,dull but warm here in Bristol, nothing much planned as recovering from a virus or something but on the mend now. Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

Anniebach Sat 27-Jul-19 08:54:00

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

gillybob Sat 27-Jul-19 08:58:11

A very grey and cold start here on the NE coast . It’s almost dark and Heavy rain is expected at any minute with severe weather warnings in place . So that’s another wash out of a weekend .

Global bloomin’ warming ? Not here in the North it ain’t !

Phone call of DDiL last night confirmed that my DGS has Chicken Pox so I don’t know what on Earth we can do next week ? I was sharing child care . Lots of little outings planned will have to be cancelled ? I hope little Evie hasn’t caught it .

Felling sick as the proverbial chip!

Hope you are okay Harri ( and anyone else not feeling very well) .

x

gma Sat 27-Jul-19 08:58:19

Cool and dull start to the day here in Norwich! Heavy rain again last evening but so much better for sleeping! Might attack the housework today, everywhere looking dusty and hoovering required!!!
Garden looking fresh and healthy!
More rain forecast here for the weekend, soon be longing for hot weather again , never satisfied are we!!!

Auntieflo Sat 27-Jul-19 09:01:45

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others. Yesterday evening it was glorious in the garden. I was getting in the washing and it began to rain. Oh so softly and gently, that I just stood and relished it. My water butts are almost full again, joy.
I made a lemon drizzle cake yesterday, DH's favourite, so feel smug that there is cake in the tin.
NFK, what an adventure, I have never learned to sail, but DH used to sail and canoe, back in the days.
Harrigran, hope you are soon feeling better.
Hope to be able to get a new paper lampshade today. Do they still sell them? DH manages to put his fingers through the one in his study yesterday while changing a light bulb.
Have a good day one and all.

Auntieflo Sat 27-Jul-19 09:03:39

I will have to learn to type more quickly. Four new posts since I started. Hi Annie!

Pittcity Sat 27-Jul-19 09:22:59

Good morning from rainy Colchester. Slept late. My body needed to make up for sleep lost to the heat.
20 and non stop rain forecast for the weekend.
We need to shop as all the supermarket fridges and freezers in the area were bare yesterday. Food had been thrown away because the machines were struggling with the heat and "safe" temperatures weren't achievable. I'm sure some of us remember a time before we relied on refrigeration and would've been happy to take some of the products home....pass me a Magnum!

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 27-Jul-19 09:23:49

Good morning from East London and the only way to describe the weather is wet, wet and more wet. Mild tho’. A few tech problems with my machine today, server not responding, so had to wait til the decorator took a break so I could go into the front room and do the time honoured method of problem solving- turn router off and on again. Yay. More bits to pack up today then tonight a party - the DH of our choir leader is 50 and we’re going to serenade him. Have a good day.

Pantglas1 Sat 27-Jul-19 09:29:40

Good morning all - another fine day for doing nothing much! I sometimes find I end up doing more on those days than when I have something planned....we’ll see! Enjoy your day everyone.

Sprout Sat 27-Jul-19 09:33:27

Morning Mick and all. Weather raining but still warm. My lovely Son goes back to France today it's been great having him home for the week. I am off to the coast for a few days tomorrow when my daughter returns from her hols today to look after the dogs. Hope all is well with everyone and not to wet.

BlueSapphire Sat 27-Jul-19 10:37:21

Hello everyone from a very damp Northampton, where it's pouring with some much needed rain. Much cooler here, and even turned the fan off in the bedroom last night. Slept till 7am, which is a miracle for me!

Having a lazy morning, messing around on my Kindle and trying to do the Telegraph crosswords and sudoku. Will probably finish the book that's on my kindle, and then perhaps start one of the many that DD has lent me.

Solicitor sent me the final papers from late DH's estate yesterday, so my business with the solicitor is now closed and everything is now completed. Will sort everything into the massive ring file later on. I now need to update DS and DD. Then I really need to do a massive clear out of the filing cabinet.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

EllanVannin Sat 27-Jul-19 10:45:09

Good Morning All x
A lazy morning as you can see, though at least I've showered and had my crumpets before I begin the day.
Dull and heavy, damp too so a good reason not to hurtle about. When we'll see the sun again here is anyone's guess !

I notice someone with a lemon drizzle cake---mine will be an orange drizzle as no lemons but I quite like anything orange, I eat a lot of them.

Nothing much else on the agenda today so far I haven't even thought about dinner today but the idea will be there when I look in the freezer, which needs de-frosting sad

Hope everyone has a decent enough day minus any aches and pains.