Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Sun 28-Jul-19 06:14:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterdays trip out with the weather the flea market at Buckingham was not on, otherwise as normal.
Quiet day today, watching the final stage later of TdF.
Mick

HurdyGurdy Sun 28-Jul-19 15:55:48

We decided to make an ad hoc trip to the Designer Outlet Centre at Wembley. Never been before, and only wanted to go really for the Lindt chocolate shop as we could do a lovely pick and mix (we did similar when we were in Somerset last month - didn't know that they had any other Lindt pick and mix shops until last week when we found out about the Wembley one).

We arrived at around 11am and were directed by the brown tourist signs to park in "red car park". Only to be confronted with a sign at the entrance announcing that it was an event day and therefore the special event day parking tarriff was in force. £20 for the day, from 2pm. With any hours before then attracting an additional cost.

Needless to say we turned around and came home again.

I've now had a look at their website, and if you pre-book parking a day in advance, you can have it at their usual tarriff of £1 an hour. Which would mean you could never have a spur of the moment visit on an event day, without paying eye watering parking fees.

So this month's salary is intact in my bank account still, and unfortunately my son won't be enjoying his pick and mix selection we'd planned to get for him, for his birthday tomorrow. We bought a box of Lindt chocolates for him in Tesco, so he won't be too deprived. (We have also bought him a season ticket for his football team, but he got that a couple of weeks ago. The choccies were just so he had something to open on his birthday day.)

So I carried on with my decluttering attempts. Not a brilliant Sunday all things considered!

Grannycool52 Sun 28-Jul-19 13:18:39

By the way, I notice a number of you are from the NE. I grew up there, in Jesmond, Newcastle, so am always interested to read your posts.

Grannycool52 Sun 28-Jul-19 13:16:25

Hello from Dublin, where it's a bit cloudy but warm.
Mr. GC and I were churchwardening this morning ( we are on a rota ) but it wasn't too busy as many are away on holidays. Just one lovely baby for baptism.
Now waiting for Sunday lunch to cook and planning a walk at the coast this afternoon. Enjoy your day, everybody.

vena11 Sun 28-Jul-19 12:14:26

annsixty [Flowers]

Marydoll Sun 28-Jul-19 12:11:45

dragonfly, I don't really have an option, too many people relying on me!
Keeping busy takes my mind off my many ailments, it's my coping strategy.
Believe it or not, I have actually slowed down! ?

annsixty Sun 28-Jul-19 12:03:26

Good morning all from a wet and soggy Stockport.
I don’t visit often these mornings but always read the thread so that I know what you are all up to?
I send very warm thoughts to those of you having “down” days, I know just what you mean.

It is 14 weeks since my H died and I now know about the long lonely days.

At first, there is so much to do, so much to think about and of course, lots of phone calls, lots of visitors.

Then reality sets in, people go back to their own busy lives, they don’t forget you of course but you are not uppermost in their thoughts.
It is natural but hard.

Very kindest thought to you all.

dragonfly46 Sun 28-Jul-19 11:45:50

A late good morning everyone - it is still raining in Leicestershire!
It is a good excuse to stay in and be on Gransnet!!

Marydoll where do you get your energy from - I know you say you get tired and yet you still seem to pack in so much to your day. I am just exhausted thinking about it.

Sending hugs to Lins and Bellasnana we all have days like that. I too had one yesterday but feeling more positive today.
Your added worries about your DD and DGC must not help I hope it is resolved soon. Our children will always be a source of both joy and sadness.

Hymnbook Sun 28-Jul-19 11:39:06

Morning. Got wet through and cold yesterday. Feel awful today. Dull windy pouring with rain. Should have had a friend visiting put them off don't want them to catch my cold. Hope everyone has a good day.

vena11 Sun 28-Jul-19 10:21:56

Morning all from a sunny Bristol, late start for me this morning could not believe the time when I looked at the clock, 9 o clock once in a blue moon that happens.

Bellasnana Sun 28-Jul-19 10:16:11

lins and BlueSapphire, hugs for you, and thanks to all of you for your kind words. What a lovely bunch of grans.?

It’s not just the missing my DH and sisters that has brought me down. My only DGD (aged 8) is stuck in the middle of long drawn out court proceedings between my DD2 and her ex who is being utterly dreadful. I can’t say much on a public forum, but it does worry me, especially as they live 6,000 miles away so there is next to nothing I can do.

Anyway, I’m fine today and I do have my faithful hound to keep me company. As I’ve said before, he’s a great listener but a lousy conversationalist.?

Nannytopsy Sun 28-Jul-19 10:15:28

Morning everyone from a very wet Leicester. It’s good for the garden grin. I packed all my shoes to move and now find sandals are not enough - duh!
Hope everyone has a good day!

Pantglas1 Sun 28-Jul-19 09:46:06

Good morning all from the cloudy bit of Spain- Urmstongran has kept the sun on the coast and there’s not enough to go round lol!

Been up for hours and made a jalfrezi curry for Tuesday evening- it’s always tastier after a couple of days. Had photos of my friend’s newborn twin grandchildren and they’ve brought a smile.

Hope all have something to smile about today x

BlueSapphire Sun 28-Jul-19 09:38:29

Good morning everyone from a wet Northampton. Will be another day indoors, reading the papers, doing the crosswords and sudoku. I managed to read a whole book yesterday! Then I watched three episodes of 'The Crown' after dinner.

I too had a day feeling sorry for myself, Bellasnana; I just miss my darling DH so much.

Kitty, hope you enjoy 'Yesterday'; I went to see it a couple of weeks ago and reply enjoyed it. Of course, the music is divine!

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Pittcity Sun 28-Jul-19 09:37:21

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester. The recent sun and rain means I have just harvested 5 marrow sized courgettes!
Luckily DD and family are here for lunch and leaving DGS to stay for the week....will hunt out the GN courgette recipes.

harrigran Sun 28-Jul-19 09:23:33

Good morning from the NE where it has stopped raining.
The air show had to cancel some of the displays because of low cloud and I expect the crowds got a thorough soaking.
I had a better night and slept more or less right through.
Today we have family and GD2 will be staying overnight.

Sprout Sun 28-Jul-19 09:14:44

Morning Mick and all. Not raining yet in Kent but overcast. Off to coast for a few days hope it stays bright. Enjoy your day everyone

Greyduster Sun 28-Jul-19 09:11:11

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. What a very soggy night we had in South Yorkshire. My garden looks so sad now. Did my best yesterday to make sure all tall plants were supported but they are struggling. We have to replant the trough outside our front door today, weather permitting, and put a couple of newbies into the rockery. I feel a little under the weather today so not a lot else will be going on. Have a good day folks.

Auntieflo Sun 28-Jul-19 09:10:25

Morning Michael, Annie and all others.
It was dull here when I got up, but is brightening nicely now, with a little breeze.

Off to Church shortly, then maybe another visit to the garden centre. I know what we are having for lunch, but as I didn’t delve into the freezer last night, it’s anybody's guess as to tonight’s meal.

I shall sit and crochet this afternoon, and maybe chase a weed or three.

To Bellasnana and Lins1066, {{{hugs}}} and to all those under the weather, get well soonest.
Enjoy your Sunday one and all.

Anniebach Sun 28-Jul-19 08:56:18

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

I want rain in Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x

gillybob Sun 28-Jul-19 08:43:26

Enjoy your time in Malaga Urmstongran. What I wouldn’t give to dip my toes in the Med smile

gillybob Sun 28-Jul-19 08:41:33

A bright start here on the NE coast which makes a change, although I expect we will have some rain later, as we seem to every day. I know other parts of the country have experienced some very hot weather but we most certainly haven’t .

I had little Evie all day yesterday and like her older cousins she is turning into a real out “outdoorsy” child who hates being stuck inside. The neighbours must’ve thought we were crazy as at 6pm we were playing in the garden in the rain . She was holding her hands up to the sky, catching rain and screaming with delight . She’s such a happy little thing.

Not sure how this next week is going to work as I have 3 days of “that place” and 2 days of childcare (for all four children) in my diary but my DGS is on day 3 of chicken pox (spots came out on Friday) . I really don’t want little Evie to catch them yet.

Nothing planned for today, maybe a little tootle into town walk later to pick up a few bits for the week ahead.

Thinking of harri and all of those who aren’t feeling very well at the moment flowers

Have a good Sunday everyone x

kittylester Sun 28-Jul-19 08:34:27

Morning all from a decidedly soggy North Leicestershire where it rained all night and continues this morning.

Dh and I are going to see 'Yesterday' this afternoon but that is all we have planned.

(((Hugs))) to those having wobbles.

EllanVannin Sun 28-Jul-19 08:33:30

Good Morning All x
What a change in the weather. It's been blowing a gale, cold and of course the rain lashing down too. We're in for a miserable day so I won't be going far that's for sure.

D called in yesterday with a freshly baked steak pie which was still hot so that did us with a piece of cake, my orange drizzle, coffee and a chat.

Oleander trees enjoyed that heat we had as one has really burst into flower which is a white one with the pink one not far behind. They grow like a weed abroad !

Half leg of lamb today, and realised I hadn't soaked the peas so it'll have to be the frozen ones----never mind, not the end of the world.

Enjoy a peaceful Sunday whatever you all do.

Urmstongran Sun 28-Jul-19 08:30:51

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny Malaga. It’s lovely to be back and we’re here till mid September. I’m sat on the balcony with my second cuppa looking at the Mediterranean which is dark blue and sparkling in the morning sun.

Washer is on - our eldest daughter and her partner used the apartment for a fortnight last and I told them to leave the laundry, sheets & towels and I’d do it as we’d have plenty of time. Kind mummy.

Only needs a quick mop through later then this afternoon we think we might have a stroll along the paseo into Torremolinos and sit to take in the view and enjoy a G&T.

Hope you feel less sad today Bellasnana - grief is the price we pay for loving someone. Here’s a hug for you ....
?

Hope Sunday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Brunette10 Sun 28-Jul-19 08:29:42

Good Morning from Fife. It's bright and I believe to be not too a bad day all day. Have Sunday chores to do but hopefully we will get for a walk to enjoy the weather. We all need a little weep Bella - don't feel bad about it, it does you some good I believe. Have a good day all.