Gransnet forums

Chat

Moaning thread

(544 Posts)
Lessismore Wed 31-Jul-19 22:22:15

The weather is awful, it's not even August and the nights are drawing in. My husband has an irritating cough and the cat has disappeared.

harrigran Sat 24-Aug-19 08:58:38

Phew Marydoll, please keep away from dodgy garage doors until after your holiday.

Bellanonna Sat 24-Aug-19 09:01:32

Oh marydoll, I just don’t know what to say. I hope you’re feeling a wee bit better today! xx

crazyH Sat 24-Aug-19 09:25:28

Hope you feel better Marydoll. I'm also nursing an injury to my ribs . Tripped and fell heavily on the hard arm of the sofa. OMG its agony when I cough....and coughing is my middle name (due to lung condition). Never mind, it's not the worst thing that can happen. Good to have a moan.

NanKate Sat 24-Aug-19 21:33:01

I thought my sister was stoic but she pales into insignificance when it comes to you Marydoll. I just don’t know how you can be so bright when everything, including the garage door, falls down on top of you. I am nominating you for ‘Brave Person of the Year Award’. The prize is a trip to Italy ? ?

CrazyH your ribs must be so painful. ?

I shan’t mention my sick headache so there.

Marydoll Sat 24-Aug-19 22:45:03

I'm certainly not brave, Kate, there are so many on GN with much greater problems than me!
I have to be upbeat, it's a coping mechanism.

Forty three years ago, I was married for only six weeks and lying in intensive care, when my husband and mother were told to expect the worst.
I did pull through, but was told I would not be able to have children nor work.
I have three children and had a very rewarding career as a teacher. I am extremely bolshie and was determined to prove everyone wrong.
That experience made me determined to live life to the full!
My way of coping is to find humour in things, otherwise I would just give up.

However, I have to admit to shedding a few tears yesterday, mainly from frustration about the blooming garage door and DH's inability to organise a repair, but that didn't last long!

My moan for today is: is, How can an intelligent and highly respected local government officer, not transfer his excellent managerial skills to his home life!

Onward and upward until the next crisis!

Thanks for your kind words.

Mapleleaf Sat 24-Aug-19 22:56:20

Oh, hello mabon1 . I see you are being as unpleasant as ever! Time hasn't mellowed you? Even tongue in cheek posts come in for a telling off. Oh, hang on, maybe you are being tongue in cheek, and we've misunderstood you all this time? ?

SparklyGrandma Sat 24-Aug-19 23:17:57

You are a brave lady Marydoll ...

My moan is we have rewiring about to happen, and it will cause chaos.....prefer not having to get people in to move things....

Namsnanny Wed 28-Aug-19 14:53:02

Any news about Bohiminan’s eggless hens yet? In the pot/ground, ? mr fox breakfast?

Namsnanny Wed 28-Aug-19 14:54:16

Still ? dripping lessismore, even with this (well it was) hot weather?

BradfordLass72 Wed 28-Aug-19 22:00:42

WARNING: If you are squeamish, and especially if you are very squeam indeed, do NOT read on.

I had some skin tags (I called them warts, was told they are not) on my neck.

My doctor burned a few off with silver nitrate. They came back but I zapped them regularly with Tea Tree Oil which frightened the little buggers beggars so much they shrank.

Then I got one on my eyelid. Silver nitrate and Tea Tree both much too harsh for such a sensitve area and quite honestly, having lost most of my sight anyway, I didn't want to burn the rest of it out of existence.

Sqeam alert!

So I decide to get rid of this ever-growing aberration myself.

Popped the sharp scissors into boiling water and Dettol. Took an ice cube from the freezer, made a sterile pad ready.

Held the ice cube to my eyelid, snipped the now numbed wart off (it was long enough to hold between finger and thumb! )
Clapped on the sterile pad and pretended I was Long John Bradford Lass for the next 30 mins.

Okay, you can come out from behind the couch now.

No ill effects thereafter. My surgery is open from 9 to 5 should you need similar help. Bring your own ice cubes.

grin

boheminan Wed 28-Aug-19 22:07:20

One of the hens has flown to the Great Chicken Coop in the sky. So 'Heningrad' at the bottom of the garden is down to 2 chickens, neither laying. Had to buy eggs todaysad

MissAdventure Wed 28-Aug-19 22:46:04

Bradfordlass
I cut my skin tags off with nail clippers.
I have a very sticky plaster at the ready because they tend to bleed A LOT!

MissAdventure Wed 28-Aug-19 22:48:25

Oh, I nearly forgot my moan.
Now... let me think... which one?

I have a banging headache.
My eyes are really aching.

SparklyGrandma Wed 28-Aug-19 22:52:52

Yikes, no! Bradfordlass and MissAdventure

MissAdventure Wed 28-Aug-19 22:59:36

Its like the Texas chainsaw massacre in my bathroom at 'skin tag' time.

Actually, I haven't had one for a good few years, now I think of it.

Callistemon Wed 28-Aug-19 23:15:44

MissA shock
Tie a bit of thread around them and they'll drop off

I wish I hadn't read that, BradfordLass
Thankfully those I did have seem to have disappeared.

I like tea tree oil.

MissAdventure Wed 28-Aug-19 23:28:44

The clippers do the same as a thread, but much quicker.

Actually, thread was really uncomfortable for me, like an awful dull ache.

BradfordLass72 Thu 29-Aug-19 06:02:14

Can you imagine me, already peering like Mr Magoo but now with threads hanging from my eyelids?

Everyone would think I was half-way through a Jivaro shrunken head ceremony.

Maggiemaybe Thu 29-Aug-19 06:17:14

Gordon Bennett, BradfordLass! I’ve just woken up way too early and thought I’d read a bit of GN to soothe me back to sleep..... shock

BradfordLass72 Thu 29-Aug-19 06:38:13

boheminan Oh dear, sorry to hear the bad news.
Will you get a replacement chook?

Brunette10 Thu 29-Aug-19 08:22:56

Oh dear sorry to moan but here goes. We have today had to put one of our cars in the street due to building work being done at the back of our house and to let delivery lorry unload all material supplies. We NEVER do thisas we always use our driveway. However one of our neighbours over the road whom we have no association with has just come along and parked her car outside her house and not left any room whatsoever for cars to get up the road. This really infuriates me as it is a 'one time' only. The bin lorry is also due today so needless to say we are going to have to move our car etc to goodness knows where. Just so unthoughful. Moan over. angry

Callistemon Thu 29-Aug-19 09:25:15

This is all making the big zit on my chin and the other by the side of my ear seem wholly insignificant.

But teenage spots plus wrinkles?
Either/or surely?

Marydoll Thu 29-Aug-19 10:25:27

Brunette, why should you move, if she is the one causing the obstruction?
I wonder if she is making a point about the delivery lorry.
Some people are like that.

When we had our extension built last year, our neighbours were great, despite all the comings and goings, they never complained..
It will all be worth it when it is finished.

My moan, I'm off to the dentist, which I hate going to. My mouth is full of ulcers, a side effect of my medication. I suspect that there will be a lot of prodding and poking to make sure nothing untoward is going on. ?
I am never phased by any of my hospital encounters, but I just hate going to the dentist.

If it's any consolation *Callistemon, my husband has a huge zit on his neck, I so want to burst it! (Sorry for being so gross! blush )

jennilin Thu 29-Aug-19 10:30:21

Why does my dh slurp all his drinks and why does he blame me for all the stuff he loses grrr!!

BradfordLass72 Thu 29-Aug-19 23:39:26

Marydoll

Reading your post put me in mind of the old lady who write to her son....

'Dear Sid,
I'm having all my teeth out today and a new bathroom put in...'