Gransnet forums

Chat

Moaning thread

(544 Posts)
Lessismore Wed 31-Jul-19 22:22:15

The weather is awful, it's not even August and the nights are drawing in. My husband has an irritating cough and the cat has disappeared.

Lessismore Fri 02-Aug-19 18:36:39

Oh Miss A, search for a beardy , rough type to help you out.

Barmey, your eyebrows and my witches hair could meet up.

Parsley3 Fri 02-Aug-19 19:58:06

I have a fungal toe infection and I can’t bear to look at my big toe because it is gross. Anyone like a picture? ??

MissAdventure Fri 02-Aug-19 20:06:40

Oh yes please! smile

Saggi Fri 02-Aug-19 20:25:21

Still sleeping in top of bed here as it’s so warm at night...cardies still not in use ....BUT garden looking dreary !

MissAdventure Fri 02-Aug-19 20:27:24

Its ruddy boiling here.
Really, really hot!

In other news I squeezed my pimple my pimple burst, so I look slightly less like the elephant woman.

2mason16 Fri 02-Aug-19 20:32:33

Wasp invasion (100 +)! In our bedroom - nightmare! They have even got into the drawers ?????

crazyH Fri 02-Aug-19 20:40:42

Love this thread.....not so funny I know, but some gave me a good laugh.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Aug-19 20:46:45

I’ve done my shoulder in so I have to sit up in bed all night surrounded by pillows and wake once an hour as I slide down to a laying position, to yank myself upright again.
The exercise the physio gave me has made it worse.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Aug-19 20:50:54

Lorry driver called me a F...g C...t today as I braked too hard in front of him as the lights changed.

I’m not moaning about that - I was pleased that I irritated a lorry driver as they always drive too close.

Gonegirl Fri 02-Aug-19 20:54:24

? That is so awful!

Lessismore Fri 02-Aug-19 21:00:37

Whitewave, most impressive performance.

The drip is still dripping, it is situated handily near where I sleep...drip.....drip......pause.....drip.

justwokeup Fri 02-Aug-19 22:05:52

gransal IMO the judge should be very lenient due to the mitigating circumstances - it might be worth it. grin. Katek don't put yourself through it, buy vegan cheese.

My OH wakened me up last night to tell me he couldn't sleep. When I pointed out that his talking was keeping me awake too, he then sighed theatrically instead. Could he not just go and read a book like normal people do??!!! So now I'm exhausted and DP volunteered me to go shopping for the neighbour because - and I quote - justwokeup 'has nothing to do, she doesn't have a job' hmm. I'm also waiting for the garage to get a part - where do they get them from these days? Thanks for the moan flowers.

Notagranyet1234 Fri 02-Aug-19 23:00:45

I've just had my 2 days off which have flown past really fast and now I have 5 days ahead of me to work which will take forever to get through.

maddyone Fri 02-Aug-19 23:27:57

Thank you Trudy.

Amagran Sat 03-Aug-19 00:05:23

I've just done a 12 hour shift looking after 3 DGCs, 2,5,8 years old and one dependent DH. I am beyond tired. Can't complain to DD as she has so many problems of her own at the moment. And a fly keeps bombarding me while I sit here.

Great thread!

SynchroSwimmer Sat 03-Aug-19 08:45:26

Eating salads for 6 weeks solid to try and lose weight, also upped my exercise to the point of absolute exhaustion....just weighed myself and precisely the same weight as I was 6 weeks earlier....

Off to find some Aldi salted caramel ice creams.....

Lessismore Sat 03-Aug-19 08:45:52

Oh God, the theatrical sigh....beyond irritating.

Anniebach Sat 03-Aug-19 08:59:21

At last found a gardener, he doesn’t weed, prune or pot on shrubs .

Littleannie Sat 03-Aug-19 09:20:46

I had a tooth out 5 weeks ago. It went wrong. 3 lots of antibiotics. I ended up having to go to an oral surgeon who took a piece of bone out of my jaw, 15 stitches! The pain for the last 5 weeks has been indescribable.
We had to cancel our holiday. I have been living on mush - yogurt, porridge, ice cream, stewed apple. I am now 8 lbs lighter.

PamelaJ1 Sat 03-Aug-19 09:38:32

Annie???

annsixty Sat 03-Aug-19 09:59:28

Yesterday would have been my 61st wedding anniversary.
I decided to look out some old photographs to take to a meet up with a very old friend who I haven't seen for 50+ years.
As I cant bend or kneel I got a small stool to sit on while
I looked in the bottom of cupboard.
I found out, not only can I not kneel or bend, I can't lower myself onto something low, the legs won't do it.
I crashed to the floor, grabbing a fireside chair to steady myself, that fell on top of me and I lay like a beached whale, absolutely helpless.I had fallen into the door of the cupboard which was wrenched off its hinges, splintering the wood.
As I lay there wondering what to do I looked into the cupboard and saw the photos I had been going to look for. Result.
I eventually pushed the chair off, rolled onto my front and crawled to a solid coffee table and managed to haul myself up.
I then burst into tears, thinking what could have happened
I felt like a very old lady indeed.
My GD was coming for a meal and by the time she got here I was seeing the funny side of it.
It would have made a super video .
I am bruised but unhurt.

SirChenjin Sat 03-Aug-19 10:00:58

flowerscupcakewinecafe to Littleannie - that sounds utterly awful, I hope you feel better soon

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 03-Aug-19 10:05:26

Horrible for you Littleannie - I'd like to lose a few pounds but I don't fancy your method.

shysal Sat 03-Aug-19 10:13:23

Poor you annsixty!
This getting old lark is no fun! Glad you were eventually able to see the funny side, but take care. I hope the photos will bring fond memories.

Bellanonna Sat 03-Aug-19 10:58:03

Littleannie, how awful for you. I hope you get over it all soon and the pain lessens quickly.
annsixty, I can just see it. So glad you were able to laugh about it afterwards.