Gransnet forums

Chat

I am undertall -please help

(54 Posts)
SalsaQueen Thu 01-Aug-19 22:16:49

I'm also short and I weigh too much for my height. I am active, though, and go to Zumba, Salsa, aqua aerobics, and I have about 900 calories a day.

I'd say that if you're having 1000 calories a day and aren't able to be active, you probably need to reduce your calories more.

You could perhaps try Slimming World (their diet lets you eat loads of food), or counting calories, being sure to read labels on foods and weighing loose stuff (cheese, meat, etc)

Jane10 Thu 01-Aug-19 22:09:32

Were. My phone autocorrects to we're. V annoying!

Jane10 Thu 01-Aug-19 22:08:37

Steroids certainly don't help. What size/ bodyshape are/we're your mum and grandmother? I've realised I'm exactly the same size and shape as my Gran and great aunts. My mother was a very heavy smoker so may have stunted her growth.

Kiwigramz Thu 01-Aug-19 22:04:01

I am short and since aged 70 have put on so much weight through medication, particularly steroids)and yes I admit the odd bar of chocolate ?) being truthful, but it is embarrassing for me. Nothing fits, and everything feels tight. I have tried most diets, exercise but Limited due to lupus and arthritis. I try to eat no more than 1000 calories a day and for 8 weeks had no bread or potatoes. I am unable to walk far in one go, I do do a little gardening . I eat salads and love my fresh veg and beef and chicken. I never have sugar added to my food.

Please be kind to me as I know it has to be partly my own fault but there has to be an answer, even if I don’t like it ?. Thank you