Gransnet forums

Chat

The Little People are at it again !

(65 Posts)
Merseybelle2 Fri 02-Aug-19 18:38:00

Cannot believe how stupid I am ! I have turned the house over looking for the external hard drive I use to back my laptop up. Last seen in the study ( a pretentious term I use for the area where a folding picnic table and an old cardboard box full of folders resides ). No sign of it. I can’t even remember the last time I used it but I think I’ve hidden it due to having had workmen in the house after Christmas. The fairies have taken it as there is nowhere it can be that I haven’t searched. The Little People have a lot to answer for ! Anyone else had them in the house lately ?

MissAdventure Tue 06-Aug-19 23:07:58

Somebody here lost their sewing box and never found it again.
Its a mystery where these things go.
I listed a coat to sell on eBay, then never found it again.

Merseybelle2 Tue 06-Aug-19 23:00:57

Am sure they were lovely, and obviously The Little People appreciated your handiwork smile

giulia Tue 06-Aug-19 20:19:33

Five years ago, I completed two crocheted curtains for a very small window in my daughter's house. They were a complicated design of a vine and grapes. I put them away, ready to give her and have never found them since. Very upset.

Maybe they were the right size for the fairies' house???

Lindylou23 Tue 06-Aug-19 19:58:32

If my mother lost anything she would say "stick a pin and find the devil" 3 times and lo and behold she usually found what she has lost.

Grandma2213 Tue 06-Aug-19 01:44:12

DS has lost a £100 discount card from a well known electrical goods supplier. I have searched the house from top to bottom and in all the stupidest of places. No success. I'm sure it will appear the day after the final use by date!

It beats me how pens, scissors etc disappear from beside you when you have never moved an inch. They must be within an arms length but they are not. Clearly fairies at work.

GreenGran78 Mon 05-Aug-19 23:13:22

Blacktabby2 How do you remember where you have put the A-Z book though?

GreenGran78 Mon 05-Aug-19 23:11:24

My neighbours have had to cancel their holiday because he can’t find his passport. Apparently they are always kept in a box with family documents. They have searched the house from top to bottom, without success. An expensive loss.

Ooeyisit Mon 05-Aug-19 19:11:10

Yes they come to me also . I turn the house upside down searching and then see it just there looking at me .

Merseybelle2 Mon 05-Aug-19 16:48:32

Minniemoo - or up ! Priceless !

Minniemoo Mon 05-Aug-19 16:15:56

Any time my father lost anything it was my fault.

The most enduring memory is of him accusing me of taking his Stevie Wonder single. I Just Called to Say I Love You. I hated that song.

And for years and years he'd mention it.

After my parents had died we found it at the back of the fixed bookshelves in the living room.

I hope he was looking down. Or up.

Violettham Mon 05-Aug-19 16:10:25

Have just spent most o the day looking for my phone AGAIN.

Blacktabby2 Mon 05-Aug-19 15:32:27

I have now bought a cheap A-Z book from ebay. I labelled the front " what have l done with it?"
I write anything in it that l wont possibly need for a while.
Its the only way !!!

Merseybelle2 Mon 05-Aug-19 15:06:49

Rosyann -if you actually saw that gnome walking round and turning the solar lights off and on its time to make an appointment with the doctor smile

goldmist Mon 05-Aug-19 14:54:08

I've spent 4 days looking for the key to the post box, found it this morning on the bedroom floor. I have vacuumed said floor twice & not seen it, & it has a bright yellow key fob, I think the little people definitely moved it, more than once!

elizabeth30 Mon 05-Aug-19 14:37:19

Whenever my old aunt lost anything she used to pray to St Anthony to help her find it. She said it worked evertime.

grandtanteJE65 Mon 05-Aug-19 14:19:47

Good St Anthony, please find … for me. If you are really desperate, find a church that has a statue of him, write your request and place the paper in his hand or at his feet.

There is usually a collection box for grateful people to put a small donation in, after the saint has obliged.

And if such a thing as a spinster who is at her last prayers still exists, the wording is "Good St Anthony, send me a man"

Mistymorningstar Mon 05-Aug-19 14:18:51

I know exactly how you feel, i have hidden ALL my jewellery when the decorators where here approximately 2 years ago and have no idea where it is. I'd love to wear some of it as i have chosen most, but i cannot begin to think where to start. I now have bought very pretty rings and earrings on the internet - all very cheap from Ebay and Amazon and deal and just get on with it.

HazelG Mon 05-Aug-19 14:11:39

I have recently found a poem I wrote for my dad about seven or nine years ago.

sarahellenwhitney Mon 05-Aug-19 14:04:18

Sarahmob .Could it still be on your armgrin.

sarahellenwhitney Mon 05-Aug-19 14:02:11

I could never accept I had lost something always ready to say someone has taken it which would drive H mad.

Sarahmob Mon 05-Aug-19 13:57:55

Yes have an arm support for tennis elbow that I only wear while caring for my Grandson. Returned from his house and put in my bedroom, went to get it the following week and it’s nowhere to be seen! We’ve looked everywhere and it’s definitely nowhere to be found!

gillybob Mon 05-Aug-19 13:49:18

I sometimes wish that "the little people" would visit Merseybelle especially after a day with the 4 DGC ripping the house apart. When I take them home and look around at the mass destruction I wish the "clean up fairies" would visit.

lemongrove Mon 05-Aug-19 13:44:56

shysal... the mouse video is so cute!
It looks like a mouse was piling things up for itself and got scared off, leaving you with a pile of things.?

Rosyanne Mon 05-Aug-19 13:41:45

I had a garden gnome who turned some solar garden lights on and off,on and off. Wrote a series of stories for my DGs which they now read for themselves.

Jaycee5 Mon 05-Aug-19 12:49:09

I find things turn up as soon as I give up looking and buy another one. Usually in a place that I have already looked at least once. That happened when I lost my toothbrush charger so now I have 2 electric toothbrushes.
Not much help to you though (or me really).