Gransnet forums

Chat

DH has just wandered out into the garden stark naked

(41 Posts)
Gonegirl Sat 03-Aug-19 17:17:59

Because he wants to have a bath and I took the towels from the bathroom this morning, for a wash.

Yes, I realise I always usually replace the old towels with fresh ones straight away, but just this once I didn't. (Shock horror)

He knows where the airing cupboard is, and he knows the towels live in there. "Should I take this one off the line?" Err, please yerself? But dont frighten the neighbours!

RosieLeah Sat 03-Aug-19 20:33:37

No, MissAdventure....but with 3 brothers, a husband and two sons, I know how men expect women to do everything for them. When things are not as expected they can behave just like divas...wandering into the garden naked was the equivalent of throwing a tantrum.

MissAdventure Sat 03-Aug-19 20:39:06

Ah, I get where you're coming from now, Rosie.
I don't envy you, having that many males around!

seacliff Sat 03-Aug-19 21:15:58

I hope there weren't any gnats or, worse still, horse flies around Gonegirl! My DH said I must be "sweet meat" as I was only out there 5 minutes, when I was bitten. They ignore him.

SueDonim Sat 03-Aug-19 21:35:00

'Don't frighten the horses!' grin

When my son moved to his current house my 6yo GS kept saying there was a naked lady next door. Ds put it down to a 6yo's vivid imagination until one day ds saw for himself. Their new neighbour was a very elderly lady who liked to wander about on the flat roof of her house in the buff!

annep1 Sat 03-Aug-19 21:48:23

Minimoo ?

I know everyone is laughing but I think it's a bit strange to do that.. Am I lacking in SOH? ?

Gonegirl Sat 03-Aug-19 22:08:20

It wasn't anything like throwing a tantrum RosieLeah. Don't be daft. grin

Gonegirl Sat 03-Aug-19 22:10:48

annep1 he's got definite leanings towards nudism. Don't worry about it. wink

FarNorth Sat 03-Aug-19 22:37:56

My DH sometimes liked to take a naked run around the outside of our house, after a bath.
Luckily we're in a secluded spot in the countryside.
And postie (or the Mormons) didn't happen past at the wrong moment, as far as I know. blush

Callistemon Sat 03-Aug-19 22:39:00

I know everyone is laughing but I think it's a bit strange to do that.
What - walking through M&S naked to buy a prawn cocktail?

Doesn't everyone do that? confused

Callistemon Sat 03-Aug-19 22:39:35

The British are such prudes wink

BradfordLass72 Sun 04-Aug-19 03:44:57

He was just making a point

And where was he pointing? grin

annep1 Sun 04-Aug-19 16:57:00

Farnorth gosh! Lol. So funny!

Fennel Sun 04-Aug-19 18:50:39

When we lived out in the wilds my husband did that a few times. He said it made him 'feel free'.
We were about 400m from our nearest neighbours so it was fairly safe, but you never know, someone might pass in a tractor etc.

Pantglas1 Sun 04-Aug-19 19:16:46

My DH frequently ‘goes’ on the compost heap when he’s gardening as it’s quite a trek through the house and having to take his shoes off to come indoors.

We’re not overlooked unless someone chose to balance one handed off a satellite dish with binocs in t’other hand and then it would jolly well serve em right!

annep1 Sun 04-Aug-19 19:24:27

We live in a street of semis. Maybe its quite normal if you have privacy.