Gransnet forums

Chat

Tate Gallery yesterday

(37 Posts)
travelsafar Mon 05-Aug-19 13:11:17

Like many others i was shocked to hear of the awful event which took place involving the 6year old and the 17/18 year old. How ever listening to the world at One today they said that some sort of arguement took place and that the gallery had adult waist high railings on the 10th floor platform. Now i am thinking was the 6year old climbing or attempting to climbe the railings, did the older boy try to grab him and stop him from falling and the whole situation was misconstrude. Or am i wishfully thinking????? What do you think.??

Calendargirl Mon 05-Aug-19 18:38:32

For heaven’s sake, stop blaming Brexit for events like this!
What utter, utter rubbish!

sodapop Mon 05-Aug-19 19:03:19

Appalling post notallhere nothing more to say really.

TerriBull Mon 05-Aug-19 19:04:15

notentirelyallhere, your post is idiotic, there are a huge number of French residing in and around London, the largest gathering of that nationality outside France I believe. You seriously think this random act of aggression was triggered by hearing French spoken, amongst the multitude of other languages anyone in London will hear. We can't know what triggered such an awful happening, but I suspect mental health issues, hallucinatory drugs.

I hope the little boy makes a full physical recovery, no doubt he will be mentally scarred by what has happened to him, but our hearts go out to him and his mother.

Ginny42 Mon 05-Aug-19 19:21:01

I feel for both families. Imagine the horror of going for a visit to the gallery and it ending with your little boy badly hurt in a traumatic event, and the other family ending the day knowing their son has done such a thing to the other child.

Thankfully the little boy is making a recovery from his physical injuries, but he and his family will clearly need support to overcome what happened. All out of the blue on what was supposed to be a lovely outing. Unbelievable.

MawB Mon 05-Aug-19 19:27:35

Notentirelyallthere
An appalling, insensitive, racist, cheap, thoughtless, even brainless post which trivialises a potentially tragic situation and shows no understanding whatsoever.
How can you sink so low?
If my post is deleted so be it, but I would not take one syllable back ???

Nico97 Mon 05-Aug-19 19:31:34

Well said MawB

Callistemon Mon 05-Aug-19 23:18:17

It's not your post which should be deleted MawB.
You are absolutely right.

lemongrove Mon 05-Aug-19 23:34:58

Well said MawB ( and others ) it’s a disgraceful post, but why aren’t I surprised, given the hysteria surrounding Brexit on forums.

Grandma70s Tue 06-Aug-19 06:18:42

Well, I admit my first thought on hearing the boy was French was to wonder whether the teenager belonged to an extreme right group of the type that attacks people they hear speaking Polish (or any other non-English language) - in other words someone suffering for extreme xenophobia. It was only a thought. It is just as likely that the attacker has extreme mental health problems of a quite different sort. No doubt we’ll find out eventually

dragonfly46 Tue 06-Aug-19 12:12:27

The little boy has a bleed on the brain and a broken back. It is incredibly sad. The teenage boy is in court today charged with attempted murder.

Callistemon Tue 06-Aug-19 13:04:00

It has been reported that the teenager was allegedly a schizophrenic patient who should not have been allowed out without two carers.

It is just dreadful, tragic.