Gransnet forums

Chat

coffee and a chat

(10 Posts)
mary51 Wed 07-Aug-19 09:02:32

BradfordLass72
I would love to but my days of going to NZ are over. I went a few times to Northland when one of my AC lived out there for a few years. I often wonder what part of NZ you are in.

I have been reading GN for a couple of years but not made many posts.

Pantglas1 Wed 07-Aug-19 08:44:17

Hello AuntieFlo - we’re an hour ahead in Spain and I quite like that dawn chorus & a cuppa on my own!

Auntieflo Wed 07-Aug-19 08:10:07

Would love to take you up on your offer BradfordLass72, but I think not, at the moment anyway, but you sound lovely.
Pantglas1, you're awake early!
Sophie22, I don't know where you are, but here in the Reading area, there are a few of us who meet up a couple of times a year.
Good luck with your get together.

Pantglas1 Wed 07-Aug-19 05:46:44

Wow - you’re a long way from home BradfordLass72!

Tea and cake sounds lovely but that flight is going to take some planning- leave it with me......smile

BradfordLass72 Wed 07-Aug-19 04:16:19

Anyone keen to fly to New Zealand? Coffee and home-made cakes are on me grin

Elegran Tue 06-Aug-19 14:11:50

Sophie start a new conversation on the meet-up topics at www.gransnet.com/forums/meet_ups_where_are_you .

Don't forget to add your location in the title, so that you draw the attention of others in that area. There are members from Lands End to John O'Groats and abroad, so they need to know where you want to meet them!

tanith Tue 06-Aug-19 13:37:06

Sophie22 yes indeed, I’ve just come back from a meet-up with 4 others and a very happy chatty 2hrs it was ,some of us have been meeting for 4+ yrs now as others have said look for one in your area.

ninathenana Tue 06-Aug-19 13:18:15

Look under Meet Ups in the list of forums.

Welcome to GN if you're new

ninathenana Tue 06-Aug-19 13:17:05

Yes, Sophie there are area meetings. My nearest being Bluewater Shopping centre and also I believe some members meet with one or two others on occasion.

Sophie22 Tue 06-Aug-19 13:10:50

does anyone meet up for coffee and a chat with this website.