Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Thu 08-Aug-19 06:14:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but looks like there is some cloud in the sky over Brackley this morning.
My trip out again today to my haunts for coffees and small shops.
Mick

Urmstongran Thu 08-Aug-19 15:01:39

Hello to you newbie in Nairn!

Charlie Chaplin, used to holiday every year in Nairn and stayed at the Newton Hotel!

Tricia55 Thu 08-Aug-19 13:14:47

Hello from gorgeous Nairn, it's called the Brighton of the North, it's so true as many times the weatherman gets it wrong.
It's turned put lovely & sunny, washing out.
Lovely walk on the beach, maybe coffee on the seafront.
Take my mind off real life.
Enjoy your day everyone wherever you are. Hope the sun shines on you.
Triciax

Urmstongran Thu 08-Aug-19 13:09:10

Hi there Cat4
Just go to the top of the page and look up ‘Acronyms’

I think people use them as a short cut.

I’d rather not. Either way is fine.

I get confused with SIL.
I don’t know whether it’s son in law or sister in law!

Cat4 Thu 08-Aug-19 12:52:28

Good afternoon, this is my first post I have left on the site. I have been reading and enjoying different posts over the last couple of weeks but am rather confused with some of the abbreviations used for family members. Is there a list anywhere I could refer to? Thank you

Legs55 Thu 08-Aug-19 11:32:06

Good morning from a very grey & mizzly Devon, storms forecast for later. Off to Cornwall tomorrow, should have been seeing Fisherman's Friends in an outdoor concert which has been cancelled (no surprise), accommodation is booked & expensive so still going ahead with visit as there are a few places we want to visit. Just going to be very "British" & pack accordingly. hmm

gillybob Thu 08-Aug-19 10:14:16

I’m counting down the hours alright Gabriella only 26 and a half hours to go before I make the bid for (temporary) freedom ! grin

You always seem to have a very luxurious lifestyle Gabriella envy

EllanVannin Thu 08-Aug-19 09:36:58

Good Morning All x
Jumper day ( I've never really had them off ) a bit wild and windy which is the only thing that's keeping the rain away. Sunny intervals but not what you'd call decent weather.

I'm in two minds whether to phone the surgery or not as my nose has been a bit " bloody " this last couple of days. I'm not due an INR until next Thursday but feel the warfarin needs adjusting. Receptionist will probably tell me " computer says no " ( they know everything you know ) but I don't want any mishaps over the weekend. My body !

Must make sure there's plenty of cat food in as judging by the forecast I won't be going far the next couple of days. What a washout for those with families who've gone camping,etc. poor things you don't expect this in August.

Make the most of today everyone and enjoy the day.

GabriellaG54 Thu 08-Aug-19 09:27:20

?? Hiya
Sun and blue sky peppered with white fluff here in Godalming. 18° climbing to 23° and no breeze.
My run was enjoyable and I made a green smoothie when I got home.
No bread and I'm trying going to limit it to twice a week rye or soda or linseed and oat type where one slice is enough to fill you up.
Crosta Molina makes great toast but even I couldn't eat more than one piece.
Last night I ordered deep cream satin pjs (for Xmas for me) from H&M plus 3 beautiful cushions and 2 floor runners to match which means some cushions going to charity.
I'll use them in late Autumn as I like warmer colours going into Winter.

I hope the weather is good where you are, all of a sudden the sky here has gone a whitish/grey and sun disappeared. sad

Today is Gillybob's penultimate day in 'that place', so no doubt she has a half smile counting down the hours and for all GNers wherever you are, have a good day and be kind to yourselves. flowers

Sprout Thu 08-Aug-19 09:23:59

Morning Mick and all. Sun trying to get through in Kent. Laundry and cleaning day today not much more. Have a good day everyone

Anniebach Thu 08-Aug-19 08:53:41

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Sar53 Thu 08-Aug-19 08:48:27

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. Not sure it's going to last.
Today is my youngest daughter's 40th birthday, how did that happen.
Food shopping this morning, not much else planned.
Have a good day everyone.

dragonfly46 Thu 08-Aug-19 08:46:38

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Pleased you had another good night Harrigan.

Coffee with friends this morning then hair cut this afternoon.

Auntieflo Thu 08-Aug-19 08:35:52

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
It's a nice sunny day here in Berks, and I have just finished my cup of tea (still in bed).
No rush to get up, as nothing really planned for today, although there is something niggling at the back of my brain!

NanKate, thanks for posting your limerick on yesterday's thread, well done.

Oh, I have just remembered what it is that I was going to do today, nothing exciting, but I'd better get up and organised.

Have a good day one and all.

gillybob Thu 08-Aug-19 08:32:00

My second attempt at a Good morning from the NE Coast . My iPad went flat half way through the first essay and I’ve lost track now .

Anyway it’s a bright(ish) start . Wasn’t sure whether to hang my washing out before leaving for “that place” have decided against so my house is like a Chinese Laundry ( can you even say that ? ) .

Smiled at your post Marydoll I miss all the imaginary games with DGC . Their favourites were libraries ( although I never got to be the library lady) schools ( I was never the teacher) and mums and dads ( I was always the dad ) . Looking forward to more of this when Evie gets a bit bigger . smile

Hope the dreaded hairdresser is not too daunting Beechbut I hate looking at my ugly mug in the mirror although I changed to a back street, old lady place a few months ago and it’s not so bad . The 2 ladies who run it are dead down to earth and just laugh and gossip the whole time so it passes quite quickly .

Glad to hear you have slept well Harri smile

That’s me off to be tortured . TGI Thursday.

Have a good ‘un x

harrigran Thu 08-Aug-19 08:19:36

Good morning from a mild and dry NE.
I have had two good nights in a row and feel better for the sleep.
Yesterday was spent visiting showrooms to look at bedroom furniture, we said we would organise a makeover for teenage GD's bedroom as a birthday gift.
I designed the whole of our house refurbishment but I think this is going to be a whole different ball game, I may need to go on a retreat to recover.

Harris27 Thu 08-Aug-19 08:18:15

Lovely sunny day in th ne. Hope it lasts been thinking about the garden and getting it done but it always seems to rain on the weekend when I can do it! Must win the lottery and get a gardener! Happy Thursday all!

Barmeyoldbat Thu 08-Aug-19 08:17:15

Good morning from to one and all. Its going to be a lovely warm sunny day here in N. Somerset.

I am another one who had problems during the night and ended up sleeping in the spare room. The reason being it was me, my body hurting, especially my legs and I kept moving around. So off I went to the spare room and funny enough slept like a log. Quiet day today, going to nay Patchwork group to have a lovely chat and add a few patches to my quilt. Enjoy today.

Lins1066 Thu 08-Aug-19 08:08:34

Good Morning, a sunny morning on S Welsh Coast.
Didn't sleep well and not much planned.
Hope you all have a pleasant day.

Nannytopsy Thu 08-Aug-19 07:57:24

Good morning everyone. Very bright here in Leicester and I think we should make the most of it, looking at the forecast for the weekend. I didn’t finish the ironing yesterday, so plenty to get on with. Hope you all enjoy your days.

cornergran Thu 08-Aug-19 07:45:10

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s cloudy in our corner of Somerset. Sun promised for later before the storms arrive this evening. Physio this morning then I hope the beach for a while or maybe just a sit in the garden. Energy low today. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 08-Aug-19 07:42:12

Good morning from Dymchurch, bright with a bit of cloud. Got caught out by the weather yesterday; had just arrived at our first venue of the day (an old crypt full of skulls and bones as GD is interested in such things) and it absolutely tanked down for about 15 minutes. After that visit, decided to keep going to the country park a few miles further along the coast and by the time we got there, out came the sun and dried it all away. Also got the obligatory fun fair out of the way yesterday evening. Today we’re aiming for a trip on the little railway and a climb up the lighthouse at Dungeness and then it’ll be packing ready for going home tomorrow. Have a good day.

Urmstongran Thu 08-Aug-19 07:41:42

Good morning everyone from Malaga where from teatime yesterday we have the Terral wind. It’s cold air coming from the north through the mountains around the Malaga district. If you imagine standing in front a hairdryer blowing very warm air on you, you’ll get the picture! It lasts 2-3 days and the worst is, it doesn’t cool down after dusk.

Tired today because of a hot muggy night (probably everyone is - I feel for the locals who go out to work this morning although I suppose an office, supermarket or pharmacy with air con will be pleasant!).

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Grammaretto Thu 08-Aug-19 07:31:55

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Rather cold but dry here.

Marydoll I was thinking of comedy in the Fringe today but I may call on you instead. grin

Swimming pools have popped up all over our town after the downpour yesterday. It's ironic as the real one is closed . Why? in the school holidays?
I guess the cooncil is not on gransnet. More's the pity.
Keep cheerful everyone.

Bellasnana Thu 08-Aug-19 07:30:58

Good morning all. It’s very hot here in Malta.

I’m feeling on top of the world after getting to talk to my beloved DGD for the first time in 8 weeks. She spends summer with her father who does not let her call any of her mother’s (my DD2) family.

She had flown from Reno, changed at Chicago where there was a two hour delay, and then home to Florida. She’s 8 and flew as an unaccompanied minor. I think she was quite proud of herself! She looks so grown up, bless her. I wish I could cuddle her, but it’s such a long way from Malta to the US and I haven’t got unlimited funds.

Marydoll, I laughed at your post! My late DH used to drive me crazy with his snoring too, but I wish I had him here now, snores and all.☺️

Must get up. Car needs cleaning and I’ve a much needed hair do in an hour.

Have a good day all.sunshine

Brunette10 Thu 08-Aug-19 07:30:22

Good Morning from a dull and coolish Fife today. Think we have been allocated our time of warmth and sunshine, feels as if we are moving very quickly into autumn, I certainly hope not though. Tired today after our time with DGS's yesterday + we have a trip today to make which takes quite a while. However tomorrow is another day. Hope everyone has a good day.