Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Sun 11-Aug-19 06:13:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a cloudy but less windy but also dry here in Brackley this morning.
I have made a lamb curry in the slow cooker for lunch today etc.
Otherwise a quiet day in.
Mick

Carillion01 Sun 11-Aug-19 16:49:35

*GabriellaG54 I will save a piece for you - with a hot cup of tea.

GabriellaG54 Sun 11-Aug-19 15:13:59

Carillion01
Any leftovers for me...please? ??

NanKate Sun 11-Aug-19 14:38:59

Well Lynda you are very welcome. This is one of the nicest threads where everyone is nice and kind to everyone else 99% of the time.

Mary you are a cracker. Great hat NannyT. ??

Grammaretto Sun 11-Aug-19 12:47:26

Welcome Lyndawads perhaps you should post on the moving house stress thread. wink

Sorry you are feeling low Hymnbook I'm no good at jokes but it's good to have Rufus back I think

Lyndawads Sun 11-Aug-19 12:05:45

Thankyou to everyone for the warm welcome messages! Have really enjoyed reading all your little stories x

Brunette10 Sun 11-Aug-19 11:49:28

You made me laugh Rufus - joke is quite funny or I'm easy pleased smile

Mapleleaf Sun 11-Aug-19 11:48:59

Morning all,
A breezy, cloudy morning here in South Yorkshire, but still dry which is good as I've got some sheets in the washing machine nearly ready to put out.
Lovely photos, Marydoll, some amazing views there, as you say.
I love your hat, Nannytopsy, it really suits you.
? for you, Hymnbook - sorry to read you are feeling lonely today.
Welcome to GN, Lyndawads.
Your curry sounds very nice, Mick. We are having chicken drumsticks which I marinated in a Chinese style marinade, with salad and new potatoes, followed by strawberries and cream.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday. ?

Rufus2 Sun 11-Aug-19 11:44:20

Good Evening Everyone; Just completed a review of all your weather reports and take comfort that you're not alone; from a wet, freezing, miserable Melbourne. sad
Perhaps it's an appropriate time to re-visit an earlier "joke;"

"I think my husband is depressed. It's not stopped raining for 3 days and he's been staring through the window all the time.
If it's still raining tomorrow I suppose I'll have to let him in!"

Hope your cold chapped lips manage to raise a smile. At least Gillybarb will be glad it's Monday tomorrow.! grin

Carillion01 Sun 11-Aug-19 11:18:15

Welcome Lyndawads

Carillion01 Sun 11-Aug-19 11:14:38

Hymnbook,
I'm sending you a big piece of cream sponge sandwiched with blackberry jam, and a pot of tea. Xxxx

dragonfly46 Sun 11-Aug-19 11:13:13

Welcome Lyndawads

Lyndawads Sun 11-Aug-19 11:01:23

Good morning everyone! This is my first post- I am brand new to grans net. I am currently living in mallor a. My husband and myself have been here since December last year! We dreamed for years of retiring here and so we sold up everything athat home and retired here!. But we are missing grandchildren so much that we have decided to sell up and come back!!! We're hoping to swap Mallorca for Lythm st Anne's! !! X

dragonfly46 Sun 11-Aug-19 10:59:37

Good morning - the sun is still out in Leicestershire although big black clouds looming.

Lovely pictures of your Marydoll and you Topsy - I love weddings.

Not much on today just a CT scan at the busy hospital in town so should set off early as it just as visiting time begins.

Grammaretto Sun 11-Aug-19 10:48:22

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. It's wet but not actually raining this minute. Inside jobs today and a concert tonight at the Fringe.

The cousins who were supposed to be coming today have called off as they were drowned at the Tattoo last night and may have pneumonia.... so they are drying out at their apartment in the city.

That wedding looks amazing Marydoll and don't you look smart NannyTopsy!

My lovely Helper is painting the room around me so I had better get out of here before I get splashed.

Have a good day everyone.

Legs55 Sun 11-Aug-19 10:43:09

Hymnbook you sound a bit down about a lonely Sundaysad. I love Sunday on my own with no plans, I have a very lazy morning with the papers, crosswords & sudoku to do.

Devon is sunny at the moment but sunshine & showers forecast, less wind though.

I'm just back from 2 days in Cornwall (enemy territorygrin). I went to Port Isaac on Friday, should have been Fisherman's Friends Charity Concert in the evening but due to the weather forecast it was cancelled, hotel room was booked & expensive so I went ahead. Glad I did as the weather was lovely Friday afternoon, nice wander round Port Isaac. Heavy rain Friday evening & over night but as I was dining in the hotel it didn't matter.

Saturday was a trip to Tintagel, very windy & squally showers. Visited the Old Post Office NT then on to Boscastle where it was sunny but still very windy. Boscastle is lovely, hard to believe the benign river flowing through it was the cause of the devastating flood in 2004.

Home by late afternoon, I am constantly surprised how close many places in Cornwall are to where I live in Devon. Many more visits to Cornwall are on the cards in the next few yearssmile

Hymnbook Sun 11-Aug-19 10:20:33

Morning everyone. Abit windy and grey here in Huthwaite. No plans another lonely Sunday.

Carillion01 Sun 11-Aug-19 09:48:48

Morning everyone,

Marydoll, lovely photographs!

Coolish in Brittany just now.

Final preps today before holiday visit from the family tomorrow. Very excited, don't think I'll sleep tonight.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day, sending special thoughts for anyone unwell or alone. Xx

Sprout Sun 11-Aug-19 09:18:56

Morning Mick and all. Not so windy today in Kent. My D home today after having a great break in Rome where the temp was 45 yesterday to hot for me. The dogs let me have a extra hour in bed this morning. Quiet day with tidy up etc. Have a good Sunday everyone.

Greyduster Sun 11-Aug-19 09:14:07

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dull and still breezy in South Yorkshire but the family are back from their hols and GS and his dad are coming for coffee and cake this morning while Mum is running a half marathon! We might squeeze a walk in later as the weather kept us housebound yesterday. Have a good day folks!

gillybob Sun 11-Aug-19 09:12:35

Oh Marydoll I just reread my post and realised that I forgot to say how lovely you look too. Not a hint of streaky tan or wonky eyebrows either, just gorgeous. smile

Urmstongran Sun 11-Aug-19 09:07:23

Oops Marydoll! Sorry, getting weddings mixed up....

You look very stylish in your photo. I love your hair colour. And you are younger than I thought too (unless that Palmolive soap is doing the trick!)

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 11-Aug-19 09:04:35

Good morning from east London, windy, bright and cloudy. Have spent some time with DP trying to work out if the cricket screen on the playing field has fallen over/been put down and also recalling the sign off for Thunderbirds ( F.A.B.) - anything to avoid cleaning. Off to a friends for cake and a walk later; may mean my plan to do chicken and veg.curries for dinner are postponed. Have a good day.

gillybob Sun 11-Aug-19 08:57:49

Good morning from the NE Coast where we have a cloudy start and rain forecast for the entire day again. I would have liked to do a bit of tidy up work in the garden as everything is battered with the heavy rain but that seems unlikely .

Did a little bit of shopping yesterday and got drenched three times. I can’t remember using my raincoat anywhere near as much as I have used it this “summer” .

I had intended cooking something nice for supper but ended up having a takeaway as I fell asleep last afternoon and really couldn’t be bothered when I woke up .

Oh Marydoll your friends, sons wedding sounds perfect. Thank you for sharing your lovely day with us. What a lovely photo too Nannytopsy we do have some very glamorous Gransnet members don’t we?

Your evening sounded perfect Urmstongran how lovely to be able to stroll out in the evening sun (whatever that is?) . I hope you continue to have a lovely holiday.

Yes those famous wax jackets are made just up the road from me Beechnut although they are hand made and very expensive, so I doubt many in this town could even afford to buy one ! wink

Have a good Sunday everyone x

Anniebach Sun 11-Aug-19 08:53:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Justme67 Sun 11-Aug-19 08:52:01

Good morning to you all, the sun is shining on this part of the coast at the moment, but we still have the strong wind which is making the clouds scurry over. A lovely afternoon yesterday, the club managed to host a successful bowls match, even though the wind was a real problem, but the same for everyone, we provided a very varied tea and I hope everyone went home happy. Off out to lunch with the same (almost) group of friends, somewhere new for me and highly recommended. Enjoy your days.