Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Mon 12-Aug-19 06:11:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but its cloudy this morning this in Brackley.
Looks like the weather forecast is changing to a more bearable temperature this week.
Usual day for me bits of housework, then watch TV.
Mick

Rufus2 Mon 12-Aug-19 12:15:20

Another of " those phone-calls " at 08.30
Ellan; Simply hook an answering M/c to your phone! I now let all calls ring through to mine; if it's one of "those" calls it soon rings off; if you recognise a genuine caller, pick up handpiece and "Voila" smile

Mapleleaf Mon 12-Aug-19 11:42:51

Good morning,
Quite a bit cooler today. Cloudy but dry.
Just got back from coffee morning. Popping out again later this pm but not for long.
In the meantime, not a lot planned, may just read my book. ?

Legs55 Mon 12-Aug-19 11:31:38

Morning all, sunshine & showers in Devon. I've already been out & done my errands, luckily it was fine. Just had a rain shower so it looks like a day for housework.

Need to get out in the garden but not sure if I'll be able too.

Have a good day every-one

Hymnbook Mon 12-Aug-19 11:10:19

Morning everyone. Sunny and cloudy. Shall I hang out the washing. Hope you all have a good day.

EllanVannin Mon 12-Aug-19 10:13:03

Good Morning All x
Cloudy, breezy and cool----for a change ! Of course I've got a jumper on and it looks as though it'll be staying on all week, well not the same one but various changes of jumpers !

Another of " those phone-calls " at 08.30, picked up receiver straight away and it immediately gave me the duff number ( voicemail ) of Scottish Power so it looks as though I'm on their list of annoying calls. Frustrating because I couldn't tell them to bog off.

Not sure if D's off today, if so she'll be calling in, especially if she thinks I've been baking----which I have and usually do at weekends.
Making my shopping list for tomorrow so that I don't forget anything. We'd be very rich if we didn't eat !

Some hoovering to do but not much else.

Enjoy the day everyone whatever you do.

nonnasusie Mon 12-Aug-19 09:57:38

Forgot to say have a great day whatever your plans!

nonnasusie Mon 12-Aug-19 09:56:24

Buongiorno from a very hot Italy. Apparently it's supposed to be hotter than yesterday! A cleaning day today, getting ready for ferragosto on Thursday. Just hope it's a bit cooler as we are having friends coming for lunch. Yesterday I was sweating making tomato chutney. Husband just cleaned the pan for me as it burnt on the bottom!! Temperature just now!

Grammaretto Mon 12-Aug-19 09:41:40

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The sun is shining and the curtains are out on the line. Brownie points for me!
We braved the weather to listen to a German choir who were very happyclappy . Another Fringe concert tonight. All this culture!wink

I hope this cold/wet front moves away before our hols next week. I'm tired of saying "aren't we glad we aren't in a tent"

Have a lovely day everyone whether it's 40c or 40f.

Nannytopsy Mon 12-Aug-19 09:39:02

Morning! A bit late today but I can see brightness and even sunshine here in Leicester. Another visit to the tip is planned plus a bit of shopping. Have a good day everyone.

Carillion01 Mon 12-Aug-19 09:33:34

Good morning everyone,

A little overcast in Brittany, picked some blue hydrangea and lavender from the garden this morning for a vase for DH because it's our anniversary.

Our crew crossed the channel overnight and should be with us by 11.30am for a holiday. We're off to Binic for a celebratory picnic this afternoon, even if it's raining!

I hope everyone enjoys their day xx

Auntieflo Mon 12-Aug-19 09:22:24

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
Woken up this morning by ''the great British workmen'' digging up our road.
I think/ hope, that they are going to resurface it. There have been potholes for months, after the extensive building around here, and our road was used as a cut through by the heavy lorries. Weeks ago, someone came and marked the holes ( as if you couldn't see them), and I had thought that by the time they came to repair them, the marks would all have worn away. It would also be nice, if the repair is done properly and not just a porridge type mess, rammed into the holes.
Anyway, it is nice to think that something is being done.
It is going to be nice today, sunshine outside and blue skies with fluffy clouds.
Have a good day one and all.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 12-Aug-19 09:05:04

Good morning from east London, grey skies today, just hope the rain holds off til mid afternoon so I can play tennis at lunchtime. Otherwise it will just be cleaning and avoiding the builders. It must also be getting to DP as he’s suggested a short break when we drop DS back at uni next month and is not opposed to my suggestion of a few days up north sometime soon. Have a good day.

GabriellaG54 Mon 12-Aug-19 08:53:40

Good morning Viet...oh! sorry, got a bit carried away there ??
Anyway...grey sky and not a breath of air here in Godalming.
17° and yellow thunderstorm warning...?
My morning run ended near Waitrose so I bought milk for sustenance as I'm forgoing bread for the time being. No duck treats.
All chores done so the day is free.
I may go into Petersfield for a mooch and call in on a friend.
Here's hoping everyone has an interesting week lined up and the weather stays fair ?
Take care ????

Anniebach Mon 12-Aug-19 08:52:23

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

GrannyGravy13 Mon 12-Aug-19 08:40:25

Goodmorning all from a grey S E Essex, the sky looks as if it is trying to brighten up.

On Granny duty today, not sure of plans as GC was up and own all night so will be tired and tetchy today (I know I am).

Have a good Monday, stay dry and don't get blown away!!

Greyduster Mon 12-Aug-19 08:22:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs! The sun is shining in South Yorkshire. GS is in residence and we may go for a swim later this morning. We are having an item of furniture delivered this afternoon, so can’t go far, but I have promised him some blackberry picking if the weather holds. Have a good day, folks.

Barmeyoldbat Mon 12-Aug-19 08:13:59

Morning all, another one up early this morning so I might be going back for a sleep a bit later. Its dull with the sun trying to come through so there is hope for a good day. Thinking about going for a swim but only if its the women only period as I didn't want to share with a load of excited kids.

Have a lovely day one and all.

gillybob Mon 12-Aug-19 08:12:33

Good morning from the NE coast where it is not raining yet. (Forecast later though). It rained heavily non stop yesterday from morning until late into the night without a single break so yet another wash out of a weekend.

Off to “that place” in about 20 minutes for a day of non stop fun, then 2 days childcare (Tuesday and Wednesday) for my 4 DGC, I’ve given up hoping the weather will be fine as it just never is.

Dreams of winning the lottery and being able to take us all off to somewhere warm where children can play outside in the sunshine. Sigh.....

Have a good Monday x

Sprout Mon 12-Aug-19 08:12:03

Morning Mick and all. Weather cloudy but dry in Kent. Busy day for me. Shopping for my D birthday present the lady who has everything is hard to buy for. Then lunch with my best friend. Normal shopping then home. Hope everyone has a good Monday.

harrigran Mon 12-Aug-19 08:12:01

Good morning from a reasonably bright NE, the rain has stopped too.
We collected GD last night for a sleepover and the rain was torrential. No plans yet for today but at least we don't have to take her home during the rush hour tonight.

Urmstongran Mon 12-Aug-19 07:58:19

Good morning everyone from a very windy Malaga. Not sure what the plans will be for today. Maybe not the gardens as it’s so blowy. We shall all decide later what we are doing!

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me at the moment) none. x

aggie Mon 12-Aug-19 07:57:47

Good Morning from a lovely dry sunny , but nippy , Co Armagh .
Yesterday went visiting an open garden in the National trust scheme . My Goodness ... how the other half lives , it was beautiful but huge , with ponds , woods , raised beds full of gorgeous plants and flowers and just lovely ................. but no teas served sad we had to visit M+S at Sprucefield for sustenance and then had to wander through the shop where a t shirt , some food and a few towels appeared in my trolly ;)
So far I have hung out washing and put on the breadmaker , out this pm for a bit of less expensive shopping in Lidl lol

Brunette10 Mon 12-Aug-19 07:55:56

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Fife, although a bit cooler than of late. It poured all day yesterday so have lots of outside chores to do today. Another week started! Have a good day all.

Lins1066 Mon 12-Aug-19 07:51:43

Good Morning all.
A bright and sunny start on the S Welsh coast, but cooler.
Second load already in the washing machine, have changed the bed. DS and Dil bringing their laundry over as their machine has broken and their new one doesn't arrive until tomorrow.

Shopping later. Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Marydoll Mon 12-Aug-19 07:50:11

Morning all from a much cooler Glasgow. It's 46° at the moment.
I'm having a catch up day today and hopefully, not leaving the house.

We had non-stop rain yesterday on our journey back from the wedding, it wasn't the most pleasant of drives home.
Our plan was to spend the day at the coast, having lunch and a stroll along the beach! The very large Scottish breakfast and the torrential rain put paid to that. sad

Am I correct in seeing a couple of new faces to the thread this morning, whom I've seen on other threads? If so, welcome!

Have a good day, whatever your plans.