Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morninng Thursday

(36 Posts)
12Michael Thu 15-Aug-19 06:08:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey but dry at present here in Brackley this morning.
Coffees etc in Bicester and Buckingham today on the buses .
Mick

oldgaijin Thu 15-Aug-19 09:10:15

Good morning from a bright and sunny Aberdeenshire.
The mutt and I are off to the woods shortly for a good chase on the golf course with all his wee mates.

I started painting my second last Xmas present at ceramics last night...nothing like being prepared!

Have a great day everyone.

Pittcity Thu 15-Aug-19 09:15:20

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. I've had to put yesterday's shoes outside to dry... should've worn wellies!
DS has got the A level grades he needed and so we are happy.

Mapleleaf Thu 15-Aug-19 09:26:05

Morning all,
A cloudy, blustery morning, though we are promised a dry day. (Not sure how accurate that's going to be, looking at the sky). We didn't get the promised thunder yesterday, just heavy downpours. Looks like Autumn has arrived early this year.
Enjoy your day, whatever your plans.

Luckygirl Thu 15-Aug-19 09:30:56

Good morning from blue sky and fluffy clouds on one side of the house and black ones on the other - who will win I wonder?!

Wakeful night with OH turning TV and radio up to alert neighbours that we are poisoning him. In the end I took the remotes away and he spent the next hour yelling Help at the top of his voice, until he eventually dropped off to sleep. He is still of the same mind this morning - it's a mad life here.

I too had no internet all day yesterday - no idea why; but when I rang our provider I got a message from customer support extension to go to their website for help......um........!

dragonfly46 Thu 15-Aug-19 09:39:26

Good morning from a dull windy Leicestershire.

Pleased your DS got his grades Pittcity always a worrying time.

Jealous of those basking round pools in Spain and those contemplating it.

Out for coffee with friends this morning - always a treat.
Our walk by the canal got rained off yesterday so we retired to the nearest hostelery.

Sprout Thu 15-Aug-19 09:41:08

Thank you gillybob my GC are all grown up now 6 of them so I am able to wander. I did find it hard after years of child sitting and full weekend's. But it's fine now they visit all the time but look after themselves.

GabriellaG54 Thu 15-Aug-19 10:11:40

Hi everyone ? Happy Thursday ?
A beautiful blue sky and sunshine here in Godalming with a bit of a breeze now and then, 19° rising to 21° pm.
A day for going to the seaside and some deep breaths of ozone. ?⛱☀️
Brighton calling so I'll buy my ticket online and have it sent to my phone so no faffing at the station.
Better take a jumper just in case...eh. ?
OH got the car he wanted, to be delivered on Monday...he changes it bi-annually, depreciation and all that.
Anyway, he's off to London and Frankfurt so I'll prob see my oldest son at the w/e.
Wishing everyone a good or better day and ??? for anyone not feeling too good.
Take care...?

Bellasnana Thu 15-Aug-19 10:13:33

Good morning all from Malta where it is very pleasant and a bit cooler than the high temperatures we’ve had over the past couple of weeks.

It is a Public Holiday today so feels like another Sunday. It’s the feast of Santa Maria and also the day when, in 1942, supplies finally got through to a starving population as the Ohio limped into port. Many previous supply ships had been bombed and hadn’t made it to Malta, so it was a huge relief when it arrived. The Santa Maria Convoy is still remembered and celebrated to this day, so there are a lot of fireworks going off.

I’m not going out today, just doing some cleaning and pottering about, plus pacifying the dog as he is frightened of all the noisy fireworks and petards going off, poor chap.

Hope you all have a good day.☀️??

EllanVannin Thu 15-Aug-19 10:21:02

Good Morning All x
Have been up a while---honest. I had to get cracking because a chap was coming to fit an outside gas meter, realising I needed more milk I flew round to the corner shop before he arrived and as he knocked I hadn't had chance to take my coat off, so glad I was back in time.

Really windy earlier and so sad to see the oleander flowers being detached seeing as they've been at their best this year. A touch of watery looking sunlight every now and again so I'm tossing up whether to do the washing and take a chance with it being breezy-----I'll see.

Don't need any shopping as I'm organised for the next couple of days.

Have a decent day everyone.

Legs55 Thu 15-Aug-19 10:30:13

Good morning all from sunny Devon, hope it's going to stay like this today as weekend is going to be wet again.

Need to go out about Lunchtime for a few bits from local shops otherwise gardening or housework if weather changes'

Good to see sunshine hope it lastssmile