Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morninng Thursday

(35 Posts)
kittylester Thu 15-Aug-19 06:51:53

Morning all from a bright and, currently, dry North Leicestershire.

Meeting a lovely gner for coffee before she goes home after visiting family in the village.

Then back down to earth with a trip to Sainsbury's after lunch.

Pantglas1 Thu 15-Aug-19 06:50:33

Morning all from a dry but dull north Wales. Awaiting delivery of new dishwasher this being my third in thirty years - is that a lot?

Went to see Mousetrap in Llandudno with DD last night - interesting and neither of us guessed whodunnit!

Marydoll Thu 15-Aug-19 06:47:48

PS, M&S have another sale on! just started today.
They have obviously been left with lots of summer stock, no surprise here in Scotland.

ninathenana Thu 15-Aug-19 06:45:21

Good morning everyone.

Blue sky and sunshine in Kent.
Another disturbed night, I've been up since 5 am. I did get to see one of the foxs on the patio though. I thought they had all moved on.
Decorating nearly done. We just have to put things back now.
Have a good day.

Marydoll Thu 15-Aug-19 06:44:54

Good morning all from a breezy and damp Glasgow. It is 57 degrees, but feels much cooler. The heating is on in readiness for DGD's visit.

My former colleagues are back at school today and the children back on Monday, so this will be the last early morning start until half term, as DGD will be back at nursery. Hurray!!!

We are planning our last trip down the coast today with DGD to her favourite resort. Our main purpose is to visit the Scotch pie shop and also pick up some delicious cakes.
Then the diet starts in preparation for DD's wedding.

I think we may need to wear our winter woolies. Brrrr! We won't be staying as long as usual, as thunderstorms ? are forecast and those country roads flood so easily.

Enjoy your day, whatever your plans and for those with pain or worries, flowers.

Grammaretto Thu 15-Aug-19 06:26:12

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders . It's bright and clear here.
I wish I could sleep a bit longer as it's going to be a long day.
Helping to build a compost bin this morning and going to a concert tonight. It's the plan anyway.

Hope your plans work out today.

Beechnut Thu 15-Aug-19 06:25:40

Good Morning everyone from a dry and brightening Severnside.
Weekly shop a day early as I am dog sitting for a few days. U3a this afternoon and a visit from DD and SiL.
Feeling a little tired as I wanted to watch the film Me Before You and went to bed late. I expect I’ll catch up on my sleep, I don’t usually need much rocking.

I hope you all have a lovely sunny day ?

BlueSapphire Thu 15-Aug-19 06:20:07

Good morning all from yet another wet morning in the Lakes! It is supposed to be sunny later so we are planning on a Windermere steamer trip today.

DS and family went home yesterday, so it is strangely quiet now. It rained all day yesterday; I stayed in with the dogs while DD and DSil went to the shops. The fiendish jigsaw is nearly finished and we are under instructions to send a photo to the DGDs on completion.

Hope the day goes well for all.

Greyduster Thu 15-Aug-19 06:11:43

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Early birds, you and I it seems, Mick. Set to be a clear day in South Yorkshire but a grumpy sleep deprived Greyduster here. We are shopping and pottering about today - if I can stay awake. Another coffee should help. Have a good day, all.

12Michael Thu 15-Aug-19 06:08:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey but dry at present here in Brackley this morning.
Coffees etc in Bicester and Buckingham today on the buses .
Mick