Gransnet forums

Chat

Any one else cold?

(38 Posts)
Bopeep14 Thu 15-Aug-19 11:33:42

I am sat here in my winter woolies seriously thinking of putting the heating on.
Its only August where has summer gone.
Its blowing a gale outside and looking like rain.
Anyone else cold?

MawB Thu 15-Aug-19 19:21:52

Two actually, one for me and one for DD but she got a few more days’ benefit from it!

MawB Thu 15-Aug-19 19:20:52

Mea maxima culpa for buying a Dyson fan two days before the weather turned ?

jusnoneed Thu 15-Aug-19 19:15:22

In the SW here, windows open, bare feet, t shirt and just a duvet cover on my bed. I'm a warm person too. OH sleeps with winter duvet all year round, and he's back in long sleeve thicker shirts already.
Heating won't be going on here any time soon - my Gramph would never hear of the fire being lit before November lol.

BlueBelle Thu 15-Aug-19 18:26:13

I think there’s a north/south divide going on or maybe it’s an east/west one but I m not complaint another lovely day here today

MissAdventure Thu 15-Aug-19 16:56:57

Its really warm here!
Went out in a thin jumper and regretted it as I sweated around the shops.

Willow500 Thu 15-Aug-19 16:54:34

I thought it was only me who was so cold yesterday and resorted to putting the heating on but then saw my niece's comments about it on FB so didn't feel too bad grin

Bellasnana Thu 15-Aug-19 16:26:53

I detest feeling cold. It is one of the reasons I could not live in a cold country again.

It is a pleasant 31°C in Malta, with a bit of a breeze. Many people here are grumbling and wishing for winter, but I’m not one of them.grin☀️

Loislovesstewie Thu 15-Aug-19 16:17:01

Yesterday I felt absolutely frozen. I had to put a sweatshirt on as well as a t- shirt .As well as jeans and socks. I was ok when active but when I sat down I really did feel the cold. I think autumn has arrived early.

tidyskatemum Thu 15-Aug-19 16:10:57

DH is the one moaning that he’s cold - but then he’s the one in bare feet and wearing a t shirt. I refuse to put the heating on in August.

M0nica Thu 15-Aug-19 16:07:42

Went shopping today and had a bad attack of Raynauds Syndrome, fingers going numb. That certainly confirmed it was autumn, both hands and all fingers.

sodapop Thu 15-Aug-19 15:54:02

I'm with MissA & Flexiblefriend very rarely feel cold but hate the heat. The heatwave we had last month made me feel tired and ill. Roll on autumn

Witzend Thu 15-Aug-19 15:45:41

I certainly was yesterday! Thermometer outside kitchen window was showing just over 14 deg in the afternoon - and we're in SW London. I seriously considered putting the heating on, but opted for another jumper instead.

Today it's 25 ish - has summer decided to come back?

MiniMoon Thu 15-Aug-19 15:38:42

Well it's 16°c here in Northumberland, but it feel more like 12° with the breeze blowing!
We've had our heating on for a couple of hours over the last two evenings. I'm a cold creature at the best of times, can't bear cold arms!

ninathenana Thu 15-Aug-19 15:01:10

It's 23c here in Kent sunshine and patio door open.

Sorry people.

jura2 Thu 15-Aug-19 14:55:09

No CH- wow you made me jump. Lots of CH here- all around me lol.

Last few days I've been sunbathing at a spa and 2 local lakes (France and CH) - but today it is cold and rainy on and off- so got a long sleeve t-shirt on and short socks- but refuse to put long trousers on. Forecast is great for tomorrow - so off to a third lake for more of the above (CH Confédération Helvétique = Switzerland).

GabriellaG54 Thu 15-Aug-19 14:54:16

No menopause and haven't had heating on since March or worn jumpers/throws on bed etc.
My home is warm enough and exercise keeps the blood pumping.

BlueBelle Thu 15-Aug-19 14:46:22

It’s been a lovely summer here in the east if England I ve still got my shorts and sleeveless top on No complaints from me

SueDonim Thu 15-Aug-19 14:42:52

It's a nice day here but I had socks on at the weekend. The CH has been on for a couple of hours some evenings, for a puff of heat and to dry the towels out.

Mapleleaf Thu 15-Aug-19 14:37:02

No CH, but I've been chilly this last couple of days so have resorted to putting on a cardigan and wrapping a blanket round my legs in the evening. I'm determined not to put the CH on yet!!?

annodomini Thu 15-Aug-19 14:07:17

It's usually against my principles to wear socks before the beginning of September but I'm wearing them today. Even when the sun is out - occasionally - there's a chilly breeze. I'm also thinking of putting on my 9tog duvet instead of my summer weight one. The fan I brought down from the top of a cupboard during the two days of summer a month ago, is going right back there when I have the energy!

tanith Thu 15-Aug-19 14:04:11

Charleygirl5 good of you to take the blame ?

Charleygirl5 Thu 15-Aug-19 13:49:42

I have felt cold some evenings but I refuse to switch on the heating in mid August.

You do realise it is only cold because I bought a super-duper fan and it is not even out of its box yet. That put the kibosh on any hot weather.

tanith Thu 15-Aug-19 13:49:23

My heating won’t be going on anytime soon, I still have doors and windows open unless it’s pouring down.

humptydumpty Thu 15-Aug-19 13:49:21

I refuse to put the CH on in August!!

FlexibleFriend Thu 15-Aug-19 13:35:39

Like MissAdventure I haven't felt cold since 2004 and the onset of menopause, I dream of feeling cold but alas it is just a dream. Sweaty Betty that's me.