Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Fri 16-Aug-19 06:10:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start here in Brackley but it looks like its cloudy as well.
My day of weekly shop at Waitrose, just around the corner, then a quite day in.
Mick

Bellasnana Fri 16-Aug-19 08:53:58

Good morning all from Malta where, at the risk of being boring, it is hot and sunny.

So sorry to hear you are feeling rough, harrigran. Being sick is horrible. Really hope you will feel better soon.

Nothing on the agenda today, but I shall walk into the village for a coffee. I need the exercise.

gillybob, I feel for you as I used to feel exactly the same about going to work when we had our restaurant. I hated it, but it was seven days a week during peak season, so I dreaded weekends as well! Hope you enjoy yours and please have some time for yourself.

Have a good day all.☀️

dragonfly46 Fri 16-Aug-19 09:12:29

Harrigan flowers

Urmstongran Fri 16-Aug-19 09:13:26

I know what you mean about the weather out here Bellasnana. I daresay the locals rarely discuss it as it’s not as changeable as in the U.K.!
?

Feelingmyage55 Fri 16-Aug-19 09:33:58

Good morning all. Have not posted for a while as been running around visiting extended family. Raining buckets here and my poor garden is water logged. I am off to have coffee and a catch up with an old friend. We always laugh a lot and generally feel forty years younger than we either look or are. Happy Friday to all.

Grammaretto Fri 16-Aug-19 09:35:30

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I wrote on here a couple of hours ago but it never appeared.
I wonder what I said!

Rain here too. There's a book festival in Edinburgh so I am braving the crowds.
Tonight an Indian meal with friends. We know how to live here - despite the awful weather. wink

Sorry Harri, you are not well. Best wishes to all and those perhaps too weary even to write on here.

EllanVannin Fri 16-Aug-19 10:02:47

Good Morning All x
Stair-rods pretty well most of the morning. It's so wet and soggy, need I say more ? I won't be going far that's for sure.

I'm all prepared for the onslaught of workmen pretty soon now that I had the gas meter fitted yesterday though the decision to have the heating installed has been in fits and starts for nearly a year now and I've been pretty much in limbo. Ah well, it'll be in for winter smile

Poor Harrigran and her sickness, that isn't nice. I do hope you pick up as the day goes on x

Thinking of Gillybob and her Friday, which I loved when working, especially to the end of my working years.

Everyone have a happy Friday-----I'd love some Spanish sun though.

GabriellaG54 Fri 16-Aug-19 10:03:10

Good morning everyone ? from a dry but overcast Godalming. 17° and rain 90% likely.
Oh well, I've had my run, shopping is done, bins washed, laundry finished and plants dead-headed so the rest of the day is free.
I spent 40 minutes on the phone to Plusnet earlier and 39 of those minutes were spent havi g a great conversation to a fellow Liverpudlian (scouser)
We were rocking with laughter and he gave me his mum's phone phone number if I am ever up near New Brighton.
I told him I'd make a special journey.
That call really did set the tone for a happy day.

I'm off to Brighton tomorrow again, this time to meet one of my sons who will arrive from Cambridge.
I've bought the ticket so come what may, rain or shine, I'll be on that train. Return ticket was only £16.80 with my railcard. I do hope it's ☀️☀️☀️
Hoping all GNers have a great weekend with lots of interesting things to do...seeing family, gardening, days out etc.
Have fun, take care and flowers for all who aren't feeling too good esp Harrigran.

gillybob Fri 16-Aug-19 10:06:19

Are you really this joyful all of the time Gabriella ? I envy your cup overflowing attitude . smile

RosieLeah Fri 16-Aug-19 10:15:03

I've just realised something which I haven't admitted to myself before. This morning is wet and windy, and not too warm. I had intended going out this morning, as I get over-heated in warm, sunny weather. However, I just don't feel like it, and I've just realised why. It's this town. There is no pleasure in going shopping here.
Now, if someone phoned and suggested we go shopping in Skipton or Hebden Bridge, I'd be off like a shot...but this area...no thanks!

EllanVannin Fri 16-Aug-19 10:21:54

And when you get to New Brighton, Gabriella, pop in and see me too smile

GabriellaG54 Fri 16-Aug-19 10:38:40

Yes...I really am but not relentlessly or irritatingly so (I hope)
I just like people whoever, wherever and there are many positives to be contented about and no...I'm not rich (though my ex is)
Happiness is not an all day thing, otherwise it would be tiring. I'm pretty quiet in real life but friends and other people say they miss me when I'm not with them as I'm 'different'...whatever they mean by that. ??
Guess I was born with a happy outlook.
I'm sure as it's Friday that you have a big smile and your weekend will be good no matter the weather or whoever lands on your doorstep.
You sound an amazing wife, mum, GP, daughter, friend and that's something to be respected and treasured. Money can't buy character and you can't learn it. Everyone who knows you, knows your worth although it may not always seem to be so.
Take care...?????

GabriellaG54 Fri 16-Aug-19 10:45:14

Thanks EllanVannin
I'll arrive bearing gifts...after trawling past threads to get clues as to your tastes. ????
You might be lucky and get M&S fish fingers ?

EllanVannin Fri 16-Aug-19 10:55:01

I'd be very grateful receiving fish fingers, a bonus considering I'm not the expectant type smile
No gifts, just your good self.

mrsgreenfingers56 Fri 16-Aug-19 10:55:14

Pouring down in Lancashire today so catching up with inside jobs. Sorry to read Harrigran not well well, hope you feel better soon. It's horrible not to feel well. Better forecast due for next few days, will try and get away and make the most of the late summer. Have a good day everyone.

Legs55 Fri 16-Aug-19 11:01:09

Good morning all, very wet & windy here in Devon. Need to pop out soon as I'm in Hospital for tests tomorrow & not allowed to drive for 24 hours so need supplies. Best wishes to all those who are feeling "under the weather"flowers

Things can only get better.......or even Look on the Bright Side of Lifehmm

Mapleleaf Fri 16-Aug-19 11:08:10

Good morning all,
Just got back from the surgery having given yet more blood! I hope that's it for a while now. Depending which nurse does it depends on whether I get a stinking great bruise or not. I have a beauty from Monday, and it's been the same nurse today...?
It's now pouring down after a dry start so it's indoor jobs today. I've already got the chilly on in the slow pot as my DH can get home any time between 5 & 7, depending on the traffic, and as it's wet today, there's bound to be some hold up, so doing dinner in the slo pot means it won't come to any harm during that time frame.
Hope you all have a good day, and that you Harrigran and you, Greyduster both soon feel better.

Auntieflo Fri 16-Aug-19 11:27:53

Morning Michael, Annie and all.
Overcast and dull here, and a DH to match. He had an update on his PC a few days ago, and it has completely screwed up his machine.
He is not a happy chap, as he has not been able to fix it himself, so said machine has gone to the Computer Dr.

I bought some washing down, put it in the washing machine, and forgot to switch it on! Perhaps the rest of my day will be like that.
Had a lovely meet up with a GN yesterday. Isn't it nice when you can do that?

Went to look at cars yesterday, more confused than ever now.

Coffee in a minute, then DH is volunteering this afternoon, so I shall go shopping, boring really. I'd much rather stay in and crochet, but we need to eat I suppose.
Have a good day one and all.

Auntieflo Fri 16-Aug-19 11:28:16

Meant to say, hope Harrigran soon feels better.