Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Sun 18-Aug-19 06:12:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky start with some cloud here in Brackley this morning.
Got a map of the Buckingham are OS wise from 1961 , features Milton Keynes as a small village about a mile of the former A50 , just South West of M1 Junction 14.
Mick

Missiseff Sun 18-Aug-19 22:45:48

Greyduster, yes I am

Sprout Sun 18-Aug-19 13:27:00

Morning Mick and all. Sorry it's so late had a lie in this morning no dogs to wake me up. Had a lovely meal last night. Just waiting for my P who is cooking a brunch spoilt or what. Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Sun 18-Aug-19 13:23:58

Missiseff are you a Blade?

Missiseff Sun 18-Aug-19 12:40:22

Football for me today. My team's in the Premier League for the firs time in 12 years. So exciting!!!!!

hulahoop Sun 18-Aug-19 12:16:40

A late hi from west Yorks a dry warm but windy day here which is great for getting holiday washing done think I'm starting with a cold ?Hope you all have a good day.

Barmeyoldbat Sun 18-Aug-19 11:43:02

Good sun morning all. After a what seems a life time of having the new laid and new skirting boards put in, it is finished. So today is the big cleanup.

Have a happy day

Mapleleaf Sun 18-Aug-19 10:25:10

Morning all,
Sunny intervals here now, after a bright start earlier. The wind has strengthened too which is taking the edge off the temperature.
Not a lot planned for today. Church in a bit then looking for some curtains. (which may or may not be successful).
Dinner will be mince beef pie bought from our local butcher yesterday (he makes his own, lovely they are, too) with veg and potatoes. Followed by home made fruit crumble.
Hope everyone has a good day.

NannyJan53 Sun 18-Aug-19 10:11:22

Good morning from a sunnyish Black Country.

Had a lovely trip out to Wales yesterday (3 hour journey) to view this caravan. It was lovely, now have a decision to make.

Went to a Hen party last night , played a few games had some giggles. The wedding is a week on Friday.

Today we are planning a BBQ, if it rains we can sit under the gazebo !

Have s good Sunday everyone

EllanVannin Sun 18-Aug-19 09:47:05

Good Morning All x
A bright enough day but so glad I took my chances with washing all my towels yesterday with the breeze blowing, they were bone dry, lovely.

A hoovering session after my crumpets and no great preparation for dinner as I'm having a sirloin steak though will throw a milk pud. in the oven while it's doing.

Slept heavily last night so felt more dozy than usual. I could go mad at falling asleep last night in the middle of a film----it was an old one " White Mischief " with a great cast including Joss Ackland, ( a young ) Charles Dance and Sarah Miles. Just couldn't keep my eyes open.

Whether I'll get any visitors today remains to be seen, but I can soon rustle up some scones if need be.

Hope everyone's day is good to them.

fizzers Sun 18-Aug-19 09:44:19

Morning all, nice and blowy and sunny here in West Yorkshire. Off to Scarborough tomorrow with the youngest grandson and I still have some last minute packing to do - it's finding the motivation to do it!

BlueSapphire Sun 18-Aug-19 09:33:31

Good morning all from an overcast Northampton.

Did very little yesterday except for a trip to Sainsbury's where I had a sudden urge for an Aperol spritz so bought a bottle of Prosecco ?! (I already had the Aperol!).

No plans for today other than to read the papers and do all the puzzle pages. I should cut the grass and do some gardening but I am telling myself that the grass is still too wet from Friday's rain, and showers are forecast today anyway.

Enjoy your Sundays everyone.

Greyduster Sun 18-Aug-19 09:28:12

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a sunny (at the mo) South Yorkshire. We late this morning as we didn’t get in until one after our trip to Bishop Auckland and back!! “Kynren” was fantastic! A thousand years of history, fabulous costumes and special effects. A long day for all though. DD and her menfolk are driving down to Birmingham today so no lie in for them. DS is coming for an early lunch so not much of a lie in for me! Have a good day folks.

Feelingmyage55 Sun 18-Aug-19 09:26:55

Good morning all from a cold but bright (for now) Scotland. I am off to church then lunch with old friends. I was kept awake by torrential rain against the windows so I hope the sermon is lively in case I ........... nod off. It has never happened but I have seen others have a snooze. ?
Have the best day you can everyone.

Auntieflo Sun 18-Aug-19 08:58:12

You snuck in there Annie, while I was typing. smile

Auntieflo Sun 18-Aug-19 08:57:10

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
It's very grey here and looks as though there may be rain spots on the paving.
Had a good day yesterday, as we finally decided on a new car and have put down a deposit.
Gillybob, what you need for your fences, is a sprayer, although I have never used one. Hope you get it finished today.
All this talk of cooked breakfasts and lemon curd, is making me feel hungry. I didn't sleep well last night, as DH was snoring like a grampus.
I love the description, NannyT, of the lurcher and the guinea pigs. We had a cairn, who thought our guinea pigs were just being fattened up for him.
NanKate, thanks for the tip about Google Instant Street View, I shall go and look up my old childhood home later on.
Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Sun 18-Aug-19 08:52:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Lins1066 Sun 18-Aug-19 08:43:26

Good Morning all from a sunny but windy S Welesh coast.

Will take DS's little spaniel for a walk later and have a coffee on the prom. The dog loves sitting under the table watching the world go by. Most of the RNLI bunting has blown off the lamp posts in the high winds.

Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Sun 18-Aug-19 08:18:53

Morning Mick and All.

Cloudy here in South Bucks but not cold.

DGSs arrived yesterday afternoon and life has been full on since then. I have given in and let them have the Ipad whilst I got showered and DH sorted the breakfast I am about to tell them to switch off !!

Ginny42 if you go onto Google Instant Street View and put in your old address you can see exactly what it looks like now. I have done that with all my previous homes, plus my Nan's - very interesting to see the changes, not always for the better.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 18-Aug-19 08:17:07

Oh nannyt, the moment I posted, I saw yours and it’s got me smiling and back 40 odd years. My parents had a lurcher who spent hours at a time pointing at the rabbit and guinea pig in their run in the garden; he could stand for hours like that.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 18-Aug-19 08:14:17

Grey and breezy here in SE Essex!!

3 GC here overnight, they have been awake since 7.15 trying to be quiet!!!!!

Have a good Sunday!

Bellasnana Sun 18-Aug-19 08:12:22

Good morning from Malta. It is sunny and hot.

I’ve no plans whatsoever today, although have several things I ought to be doing. Can’t seem to get motivated.

I hope you all have a good Sunday, whatever you are doing.☀️

Grammaretto Sun 18-Aug-19 08:10:38

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A dry day so far. Family will be calling in for lunch on their way north so a brief reunion.

The map Mick reminds me of how things have changed. 550 new houses are being built on the edge of our town without services to match.

Have a good day everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 18-Aug-19 08:08:52

Good morning from east London, cloudy here at the moment. Back to propping up my tomatoes this morning - more canes have been purchased - and waiting to hear if we’ll have GD for some time today or if we’ll just meet up when DD finishes work at 5. So, like others, could be very quiet. Have a good day.

Nannytopsy Sun 18-Aug-19 08:06:36

Morning everyone! Bright here in Suffolk and thankfully dry. Another day of grandchildren and granddogs. DGD is still asleep and her brother has taken Grandpa down for breakfast. DD’s lurcher has taught the resident pointer that there is an exit from the sitting room via the window. She is a bad influence! She is driven demented by the guinea pigs in the garden who completely ignore her frantic attempts to break in to their cage. The locals got a wake up call from her at 6.30 ?

gillybob Sun 18-Aug-19 08:06:15

Good morning from the North East coast where we have a bit of a mixed bag weather wise. It’s dry, which makes a change, trying to brighten and quite breezy. In other words it doesn’t know what on earth it wants to do !

Another busy day ahead for me (if the weather holds) as I want to finish off the fence painting I started yesterday or at least get another side done. My garden is a very strange shape (5 sides ) and there is a fair bit of fence to do.

My legs and arms are still aching from yesterday’s work so I hope I don’t pay for it later . This MS lark has got a habit of only letting you go so far before it bites you on the bum !

I have a man coming at 10 am to take my little greenhouse away . It will need to be dismantled which DH will help with. I will be sad to see it go as I had such plans for it, but just never have the time, so I am happy it is going to a good home where it will be appreciated.

So glad you had a good day in St Andrews yesterday Marydoll . Your summer sounds a bit like ours here in the NE. I don’t think we have had 2 fine days in a row .

Enjoy your days in paradise Urmstongran

To all those with plans or without, I hope you enjoy your Sunday. x