Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Sun 18-Aug-19 06:12:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky start with some cloud here in Brackley this morning.
Got a map of the Buckingham are OS wise from 1961 , features Milton Keynes as a small village about a mile of the former A50 , just South West of M1 Junction 14.
Mick

Bordersgirl57 Sun 18-Aug-19 06:38:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marydoll Sun 18-Aug-19 06:39:19

Good morning Mick and all who follow. It's a miserable, wet day here in Glasgow and only 13 degrees.
We haven't had a proper summer at all this year !

Mick, I take it you had a successful day yesterday.

We had a brilliant day in St Andrew's yesterday, the sun shone for most of it. It was only on the way home that the weather turned nasty and the bus driver commented on how dangerous the driving conditions were.
DH, admitted that the bus tour had been a good idea, as a two and a half hour journey in torrential rain would have been very stressful.
I don't have much planned today, except for going to church.
I'm pretty exhausted after yesterday, too much walking, (in and out of shops!), so an afternoon reading the Sunday papaers will do me.

Enjoy your day, folks!

Marydoll Sun 18-Aug-19 06:40:00

Bordersgirl, good morning!

Pantglas1 Sun 18-Aug-19 06:45:53

Hi Mick, Bordersgirl and Marydoll- I’m looking forward to the Sunday papers as well Marydoll as they’re very much a treat when I’m home in Wales.

Tea and cake with our eldest daughter and youngest grandchildren later so a good day all round. Hope all who follow have the same.

Ginny42 Sun 18-Aug-19 06:49:04

Good morning Mick, Marydoll, Bordersgirl and everyone. I bet you enjoyed going over that old map Mick. 1961, seems not that long ago as I remember when they built Milton Keynes! I often wonder what going back to my home town would be like now. Would I even recognise it? I recall the last time I was there an old bleach mill had been converted to luxury apartments.

It's a bright start here in Cheshire too and I took a look at the longer-term forecast and it's going to be fine for a week or two!

Enjoying an early morning breakfast in bed, then going walking in the woods with my neighbours before driving south to the Midlands for another week's work.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

kittylester Sun 18-Aug-19 07:21:02

Morning all from brightish North Leicestershire.

A trip to the garden centre to spend some vouchers this morning and then butterflied leg of lamb for dinner.

Brunette10 Sun 18-Aug-19 07:43:24

Good Morning from a wet and chilly Fife, heating is on. Had DGS’s all night and both very good, slept until around 6 this morning so not bad. No idea what today will bring but I know it will be busy until DD arrives to take over. Glad your trip went well yesterday Marydoll. Hope everyone has a good day.

Urmstongran Sun 18-Aug-19 07:47:05

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga. Another day in paradise! ???⛱

kittylester I’ve not even had my breakfast but I’m salivating at the thought of the roast lamb you’ll be eating later! Pork is gorgeous here in Spain but lamb isn’t a patch on what we buy in the U.K. Skinny chops - okay a plateful of around 7 per portion in a restaurant but only a bite of meat on each one!

Actually thinking about food (as I often do!) I do enjoy eating different foodstuffs when I get home - crumpets for example or lemon curd from M&S!

On that happy note it’s time for my breakfast.

Hoping Sunday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Minniemoo Sun 18-Aug-19 07:52:21

Morning all. Enjoy your day one and all. Got my daughter popping in with the boys later but apart from that it's a quiet day. Which suits me down to the ground!

cornergran Sun 18-Aug-19 08:00:32

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey, overcast corner of Somerset. Sunshine is promised later though so there is hope for some planned garden remodelling. No roast lamb here, the cook really dislikes it, paella for us. Mr C is still sleeping so a slow start. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Sun 18-Aug-19 08:02:31

Morning All

An overcast morning next to Rutland Water.

Has a super day at the Bird Fair yesterday. So many stands, so many wonderful places in the world to see, so many brochures to dream and drool over!

DH is cooking a fry up for breakfast before we face the challenge of levering our caravan out - its sunk a bit after all the rain Friday night!

gillybob Sun 18-Aug-19 08:06:15

Good morning from the North East coast where we have a bit of a mixed bag weather wise. It’s dry, which makes a change, trying to brighten and quite breezy. In other words it doesn’t know what on earth it wants to do !

Another busy day ahead for me (if the weather holds) as I want to finish off the fence painting I started yesterday or at least get another side done. My garden is a very strange shape (5 sides ) and there is a fair bit of fence to do.

My legs and arms are still aching from yesterday’s work so I hope I don’t pay for it later . This MS lark has got a habit of only letting you go so far before it bites you on the bum !

I have a man coming at 10 am to take my little greenhouse away . It will need to be dismantled which DH will help with. I will be sad to see it go as I had such plans for it, but just never have the time, so I am happy it is going to a good home where it will be appreciated.

So glad you had a good day in St Andrews yesterday Marydoll . Your summer sounds a bit like ours here in the NE. I don’t think we have had 2 fine days in a row .

Enjoy your days in paradise Urmstongran

To all those with plans or without, I hope you enjoy your Sunday. x

Nannytopsy Sun 18-Aug-19 08:06:36

Morning everyone! Bright here in Suffolk and thankfully dry. Another day of grandchildren and granddogs. DGD is still asleep and her brother has taken Grandpa down for breakfast. DD’s lurcher has taught the resident pointer that there is an exit from the sitting room via the window. She is a bad influence! She is driven demented by the guinea pigs in the garden who completely ignore her frantic attempts to break in to their cage. The locals got a wake up call from her at 6.30 ?

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 18-Aug-19 08:08:52

Good morning from east London, cloudy here at the moment. Back to propping up my tomatoes this morning - more canes have been purchased - and waiting to hear if we’ll have GD for some time today or if we’ll just meet up when DD finishes work at 5. So, like others, could be very quiet. Have a good day.

Grammaretto Sun 18-Aug-19 08:10:38

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A dry day so far. Family will be calling in for lunch on their way north so a brief reunion.

The map Mick reminds me of how things have changed. 550 new houses are being built on the edge of our town without services to match.

Have a good day everyone.

Bellasnana Sun 18-Aug-19 08:12:22

Good morning from Malta. It is sunny and hot.

I’ve no plans whatsoever today, although have several things I ought to be doing. Can’t seem to get motivated.

I hope you all have a good Sunday, whatever you are doing.☀️

GrannyGravy13 Sun 18-Aug-19 08:14:17

Grey and breezy here in SE Essex!!

3 GC here overnight, they have been awake since 7.15 trying to be quiet!!!!!

Have a good Sunday!

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 18-Aug-19 08:17:07

Oh nannyt, the moment I posted, I saw yours and it’s got me smiling and back 40 odd years. My parents had a lurcher who spent hours at a time pointing at the rabbit and guinea pig in their run in the garden; he could stand for hours like that.

NanKate Sun 18-Aug-19 08:18:53

Morning Mick and All.

Cloudy here in South Bucks but not cold.

DGSs arrived yesterday afternoon and life has been full on since then. I have given in and let them have the Ipad whilst I got showered and DH sorted the breakfast I am about to tell them to switch off !!

Ginny42 if you go onto Google Instant Street View and put in your old address you can see exactly what it looks like now. I have done that with all my previous homes, plus my Nan's - very interesting to see the changes, not always for the better.

Lins1066 Sun 18-Aug-19 08:43:26

Good Morning all from a sunny but windy S Welesh coast.

Will take DS's little spaniel for a walk later and have a coffee on the prom. The dog loves sitting under the table watching the world go by. Most of the RNLI bunting has blown off the lamp posts in the high winds.

Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Sun 18-Aug-19 08:52:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Auntieflo Sun 18-Aug-19 08:57:10

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
It's very grey here and looks as though there may be rain spots on the paving.
Had a good day yesterday, as we finally decided on a new car and have put down a deposit.
Gillybob, what you need for your fences, is a sprayer, although I have never used one. Hope you get it finished today.
All this talk of cooked breakfasts and lemon curd, is making me feel hungry. I didn't sleep well last night, as DH was snoring like a grampus.
I love the description, NannyT, of the lurcher and the guinea pigs. We had a cairn, who thought our guinea pigs were just being fattened up for him.
NanKate, thanks for the tip about Google Instant Street View, I shall go and look up my old childhood home later on.
Have a good day one and all.

Auntieflo Sun 18-Aug-19 08:58:12

You snuck in there Annie, while I was typing. smile

Feelingmyage55 Sun 18-Aug-19 09:26:55

Good morning all from a cold but bright (for now) Scotland. I am off to church then lunch with old friends. I was kept awake by torrential rain against the windows so I hope the sermon is lively in case I ........... nod off. It has never happened but I have seen others have a snooze. ?
Have the best day you can everyone.