Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Mon 19-Aug-19 06:12:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but looking a little bit grey here in Brackley this morning.
Quite day at home , no cycling on TV for a few days.
Tidy up etc.
Mick

Marydoll Mon 19-Aug-19 08:25:18

Thanks Gilly! I've had to cancel two holidays this year and this may be our last visit to Rome, due to my health problems.
Rome is where I belong, I should have been born an Italian, grin this should be our 33rd visit!
I can't explain it, but I just feel at home there and we have become friends with the hotel manager and his family. Also the (rather reserved), owner of our local restaurant has taken us under his wing, we are treated like royalty.
I just need to see it one more time, Now I'm becoming maudlin!! grin

TwiceAsNice Mon 19-Aug-19 08:32:47

Morning everyone. It’s sunny today after rain yesterday so will be able to put some washing out. Will walk to the post office later to send a parcel off for DD2 who is on holiday.

Just drank a cup of tea in bed after putting out breakfast for the cat who is asleep on the hall chair. She had a nice life!

Not sure what else today have no plans and am on my own as rest of family away for the week. I’m a bit lonely at the moment talking to myself!

harrigran Mon 19-Aug-19 08:36:52

Good morning from a dry, bright NE.
A day at home waiting for parcels, GDs have birthdays in a couple of weeks. They have lists online which makes it easier but the items seem to arrive singly instead of as a job lot.
Spoke to GD on FB last night, she is on holiday with other GPs at their beautiful village home down south. GD was excited to tell me that she was off to London for the day today.
Visited my sister yesterday afternoon, she lives seven miles but we see each other less than sister who lives abroad.

Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 08:54:13

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Alygran Mon 19-Aug-19 09:01:11

Good morning from sunny North Yorkshire. It’s the first Monday since the schools broke up that I have been on my own. My little companion is now in Italy.
Today I must get some housework done, it has been neglected as I have been with DGS here, there and everywhere. Then I must give some thought to getting ready to fly off to Portugal on Wednesday.
Hope you get the ok Marydoll, Rome is a favourite of mine too. Last went there for our silver wedding anniversary.
Hope everyone has a good day.

EllanVannin Mon 19-Aug-19 09:19:39

Good Morning All x
Sunny and cloudy here on the Mersey coast but feels a bit unsettled----still, it's bright. A bit of warmth would go down better !
I've noticed how the grass has grown in just over a week after all the rain we've had so no doubt the grass-cutters will be out this week.

Not much happening today though I'll be doing my food list for this weeks trip to Asda as I check the cupboards and freezer.
I certainly had my fill of iron yesterday with my sirloin steak, cabbage and a fried onion---it went down a treat. Thank goodness I can at least enjoy what I eat. Many can't !

I've said it before but Gillybob reminds me of my D ( similar age ) hardworking, little time to herself, elderly parent ( me ) and GC . I do so admire her at everyone's beck and call constantly. Take care girl.

Marydoll is it the flying aspect that stops you from going on holiday ? Cabin pressure or suchlike ? I hope you can get the green light to go, just this once.

Must get cracking with the crumpets. Enjoy the day everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 19-Aug-19 09:33:37

Good luck Marydoll with your doctor’s decision. Fingers & toes crossed here for you too!
??

Mapleleaf Mon 19-Aug-19 09:39:38

Good morning,
It's bright and breezy again this morning which once more is taking the edge off any warmth.
Coffee morning this morning, then back to prepare for a few days away later this week.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Legs55 Mon 19-Aug-19 10:45:36

Good morning from sunny(!) Devon, constant threat of showers just like yesterday.

I've already been out shopping this morning, flowers for my neighbour (friend) as it's her Birthday tomorrow & we've both got a couple of busy days.

Out for Afternoon Tea with local Community Care group, there has been a break over the last few months but it's hoped to get it up & running again. Lunch & Afternoon Tea once a month, very welcome if you have difficulty getting out.

Off now to do battle with SSE (my gas/electricity provider) who want to more than double my DD for my Electricityhmm

Grammaretto Mon 19-Aug-19 11:16:57

Can't you just go Marydoll?
My late friend who'd had a kidney transplant was always being told she couldn't do things. She ignored all the advice and lived her adventurous life to the full until her body failed and she died but she travelled abroad, built a house and even had a child!

The other suggestion would be to take the doctor with you?

gillybob Mon 19-Aug-19 11:25:55

I think travelling against a doctors advice might invalidate travel insurance Grammaretto ?

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 19-Aug-19 12:42:11

Good afternoon Mick.

Sat outside in the sun (Cornwall) squinting at my laptop. Lovely westerly breeze. Just finished getting some paperwork ready for visit to solicitor in an hour.

Fitting in a dog walk whilst out.

Hope you're enjoying your day.

GabriellaG54 Mon 19-Aug-19 13:14:25

Oh gillybob
Your DH's remark about the greenhouse being a living thing in the way you were talking about it, made me laugh out loud as it's exactly the kind of comment my youngest son would say to me.
I can relate to objects becoming part of the family and wanting them to go to a home where they're 'loved' and get lots of use.
I'm sure your greenhouse will provide lots of interesting times for that family...there's huge satisfaction in growing your own fruit veg and plants.

FC61 Mon 19-Aug-19 13:55:24

Good afternoon Mick and everyone. It’s a never ending 29 c in Istria but with a beautiful sea / mountain breeze. I’m so grateful. I really resonate with you Marydoll ! I desperately want to know Marydoll are you allowed to go to Rome ?? I do hope so !!!

Sprout Mon 19-Aug-19 15:05:59

Afternoon Mick and all. Sorry I am late again. Been busy with going shopping helping to make a huge Shepherds Pie for the homeless tomorrow. It makes you feel very humble. Raining again never mind keep smiling eh.