Gransnet forums

Chat

Boris manspreading!!

(139 Posts)
Lessismore Thu 22-Aug-19 15:53:28

www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/22/emmanuel-macron-backs-month-of-talks-to-agree-brexit-deal

Is this a good look? Feet on the coffee table?

MawB Sat 24-Aug-19 15:48:36

I’m very grateful to be filled in with the backstory (or context) of said photograph, but can’t think why it had to be explained so many times

Sadly atqui, based on the pages of posts (even allowing for those rivalling War and Peace) there are many who still take it at face value or a justification for strong opinions one way or another.

POGS Sat 24-Aug-19 15:58:37

Lessismore

"POGS, dear lordy a milkshake....really?"
----

Explain please?

POGS Sat 24-Aug-19 16:19:24

Lessismore

"no, this was a thread set up because I clicked on the Guardian and saw a picture. How on earth do you know what's going on in other peoples heads?"
-

Because you saw a picture you made an assumption without finding out what the back story was, the facts, therefore you made the assumption that suited your opinion which was to have a go at individual you dislike. That is how it is easy to understand what is in other peoples heads.

When the facts don't matter, the context is of no importance or even when the context is made clear the facts known they carry on because the object was never the photo it was hate for the individual.

If a picture of the kind in question arouses the heckles and causes such vitriol then sorry I think it says it all.

trisher Sat 24-Aug-19 16:45:22

It's a picture of our PM in an undignified pose POGS. He's supposed to be a representative of our country, he's supposed to be a statesman, he's supposed to be a diplomat. Not an overgrown schoolboy who puts his feet up because someone suggests it. You can't escape the image whatever the back story. It was a mistake. It was stupid- but that's Boris.

Lessismore Sat 24-Aug-19 16:55:32

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

POGS Sat 24-Aug-19 17:01:14

Lessismore

Yes.

Lessismore Sat 24-Aug-19 17:04:29

Really? I'm sorry about the dressing gown, its so hot. The room needs a dust too.

POGS Sat 24-Aug-19 17:06:49

Lessismore.
"What a strange person you are POGs."
----

Thank you I will take that as a complement.

I am reminded of a post you made to Anniebach recently. :-

Lessismore Wed 21-Aug-19 15:13:05

The thing is Annie, we get it, you can't stand him. You have given some reasons why. It's done now.

You are clearly an intelligent and capable person, turn your thoughts and energies elsewhere.

Maybe time to practice what you preach.

Callistemon Sat 24-Aug-19 17:35:26

too thick to understand what happened
grin

I think most people know now what happened, even those who aren't keen on Boris, unless they really, really hate Boris in which case they will never get it.
It was a joke.

Some of the media didn't get it.

Minniemoo Sat 24-Aug-19 17:44:58

Well judging by the photos from the G Summit they all look very happy. There's a picture of Angela Merkel beaming at Boris. Alongside a jovial Macron.

Quite unusual to see such happy faces. They tend to look as if they've all been sucking lemons as a rule.

trisher Sat 24-Aug-19 17:48:04

Oh but that's just a photo Minniemoo you don't know the back story grin

Minniemoo Sat 24-Aug-19 17:54:56

Very good, trisher. Made me smile. I love a good riposte.

Callistemon Sat 24-Aug-19 20:42:25

I think I'd look happy if I was in Biarritz grin