Gransnet forums

Chat

Woke up uglier than yesterday

(145 Posts)
CaroDane Fri 23-Aug-19 08:18:18

I've woken up today with a huge spot on my nose AT MY AGE!
Haven't had a spot for about fifty five years at least so I'm aghast.
It's about the size of Mount Vesuvius and bright red. I have a funeral to go to this afternoon and will now look even worse than usual.
I've got used to waking up with a face like a creased paper bag that lasts most of the day, but this is awful.
What a pity funeral clothes don't still include veils like they did when I was a child!

JacquiG Fri 23-Aug-19 10:53:13

Why not use a veil as a style statement?

Glammy57 Fri 23-Aug-19 10:56:18

Caro. Woodland burial sounds appropriate for someone who is heavy handed with the secateurs!
Don’t tell me... you drive an old banger?
Love the humour, keep posting! ?

Grannyrebel Fri 23-Aug-19 10:57:37

Just had a massive spot myself which then decided not to erupt and has now left me me with a purple mark on my face! Oh the joys of being geriatric smile

CaroDane Fri 23-Aug-19 11:05:29

Nanna58 I'll second that!

OH just tried on his funeral suit. Stained and worse hangs off him because he's lost a lot of weight. He looks exactly like a scarecrow now.

That means we've got to get to Tesco straight away to get him another suit.

This one will have to last him though as he'll be buried in it.

gillybob Fri 23-Aug-19 11:09:29

A thousand apologies for my flippancy CaroDane I was really only trying to squeeze some fun out of an otherwise very miserable event .

Pass the enamel tea pot while yer there will ya?

In the words of my hero Willie Nelson maybe we should all be grateful that we “wake up not dead again today” grin

And stick that spot out with pride girl !

gillybob Fri 23-Aug-19 11:10:30

Tesco for a suit ? Bluddy hell you don’t ‘alf spoil that man !

Skinnylizzie Fri 23-Aug-19 11:11:26

Oh ladies thank you for making me giggle this morning. Stuck in a hospital bed and feeling a bit fed up.... love the little quips grin

CaroDane Fri 23-Aug-19 11:36:51

gillybob you know the saying 'you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear'.

There's no way I'm pushing the boat out for Gt Dane (unless he changes his mind and has a Viking burial of course) as I don't want to waste money I might need for essentials (like Aldi rum flavoured fruit and nut bars).

Gt Dane or I could drop off the twig at any moment so I'm not squandering my money in Top Shop or Burton like you rich Gransnetters do!

And at least there won't be any photographs being taken today.

At my DD's last wedding ( 3 so far and number 3 not looking too healthy) we had to buy a very smart blue suit for Gt Dane.

Complete waste of money.

Because the miserable sod
had thrown his teeth away on the grounds they hurt his gums.
So that meant he had to pose with a weird dolphin like expression while keeping his mouth shut.

Needless to say he'd been photoshopped out the majority of her wedding photos.

As had I in fact.

I'm in crisis now as because I've wasted so much time relating my tale of spotty woe I've had to send him to Tesco on his own.
God knows what he'll come back with.
That's if he remembers his pin number sad

CaroDane Fri 23-Aug-19 11:38:44

Skinnylizzie get a grip woman, you're only supposed to be volunteering with the hospital book trolley!

gillybob Fri 23-Aug-19 11:46:07

I know that saying very well CaroDane my feeble attempts at dressing up or heaven forbid, wearing a frock, are a shining example it !

On the subject of ruined photos my one and only wedding photo was taken beside a pretty boating lake complete with swans .

No digital cameras then just snap and hope for the best . Result a swan decides to stick his head out from behind me right at the wrong moment and I end up looking like a coffee mug . Me in a Long cream straight dress with a swans neck making the perfect handle ! grin

HootyMcOwlface Fri 23-Aug-19 11:56:32

In one of my disastrous wedding photos I have my eyes eerily open and yet shut at the same time. Very weird and unsettling to say the least. The album is shoved at the back of the wardrobe. It’s dreadful.

CaroDane Fri 23-Aug-19 11:56:57

Oh gillybob how I love a good photo! What a pity you can't upload it!
We've got some corkers too in our photo album. There's a lot to be said for digital cameras.

We haven't had any photos taken for years and don't even have a camera. We've reached the stage where there's just no point and looks wise ( not good to start with) it's downhill all the way.

Plus Gt Dane flatly refuses to get a new set of teeth.

All my DD's wedding pics were lovely except for us. We looked like something out the Rocky Horror Show (minus the fishnets) smile

Pudding123 Fri 23-Aug-19 12:24:05

Carodan,love your posts ,you made me laugh outloud!I at the grand age of 65 woke up last week with a big pimple on the top of my lip which I think was a result of my overzealous waxing of my top lip.another unwanted chore which is necessary all of a sudden.

CaroDane Fri 23-Aug-19 12:35:48

Pudding123 Be careful with that wax Eugene!

Faffing round in the garden hasn't done me any good. Me sitting on green plastic garden chair soaking up those rays for fifteen minutes daily ( I've got soft bones because of Vitamin D deficiency) ends up with a flattering very light tan.

Very light - until I Nair my top hairy lip, then I have a clear white mark round my mouth like I've been eating ice cream, in contrast to the rest of my face being two shades darker sad

NannyAnn2 Fri 23-Aug-19 12:42:42

Woke this morning with two lovely black eyes, the result of head butting a rockery, which left me with a Frankenstein wound on forehead and a nose the size of a smart car. I would gladly swap your spot for my ugly face.

CaroDane Fri 23-Aug-19 12:49:28

NannyAnn2 God bless us, how many times have you been told to lay off the Lambrini!

CaroDane Fri 23-Aug-19 12:51:21

Look at the time!
And Gt Dane still not back.
That's buttered hot cross buns again for lunch then.

Hetty58 Fri 23-Aug-19 12:59:10

Geriatric acne? As if things aren't bad enough already. I recommend that you never, ever clean mirrors and replace light bulbs with a lower wattage. Perhaps some antihistamine and an ice cube held on the offending lump may reduce it somewhat - then a load of concealer!

Lessismore Fri 23-Aug-19 13:51:42

I can top your Geriatric acne.....Vaginal atrophy.

Hetty58 Fri 23-Aug-19 13:53:20

Oh, please God NO!

CaroDane Fri 23-Aug-19 14:00:52

Lessismore We are literally standing outside the church now. And thanks to you I'm going to have to bite my lip to stop sniggering all through the service!

By the way, is that what you get for winning a Gold in one of those new sports at the next Commonwealth Games smile

minxie Fri 23-Aug-19 14:24:23

Hopefully it’s not on the end of your nose !!

gillyknits Fri 23-Aug-19 14:46:05

My 90 year old Auntie said that a spot at anytime over sixty meant that there was still life in the body! ?

Cagsy Fri 23-Aug-19 14:48:10

Lessimore I've got that badge too, although to be fair the treatment is very effective - don't think you'd want to poke a pessary up your nose though Caro!

lemongrove Fri 23-Aug-19 15:17:48

CaroDane are you a Scouser by any chance? ?
Keep them coming....??