Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Bank Holiday Monday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Mon 26-Aug-19 06:14:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Looks like the start of another warm day here in Brackley tis morning.
Bit of housework ,and an easy day before getting back into normal routine.
Mick

Brunette10 Mon 26-Aug-19 08:34:46

oldgaijin - sending you flowers to hopefully cheer you up a bit. Keep your chin up flowers

Lins1066 Mon 26-Aug-19 08:48:42

Good Morning from a cloudy but warm S Welsh Coast.
Beautiful day yesterday, walked on the prom and had a mango icecream which was delicious. We had a family BBQ late afternoon which was lovely. The local pub had a family Fun day complete with bouncy castle.
A quiet day today I think, though DH has been out to fill the car with petrol, no idea why we never go anywhere on a Bank Holiday, far too bust on the roads around the coast. Aren't men strange ?
Happy Birthday Beechnut and love to oldgaijin.
To everyone else, have a great day.

Marydoll Mon 26-Aug-19 08:58:24

oldgaijin, poor you! flowers.
It was a chemo drug, prescribed for my RA, which landed me in hospital. I have never been so sick in my life and I can bet you were suffering more than me.
Thank goodness you feel a wee bit better!

Anniebach Mon 26-Aug-19 08:59:54

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

MiniMoon Mon 26-Aug-19 09:03:17

Good morning all, from an overcast but warm Northumberland. The sun is trying to break through.
DH has plans to take me to Carlisle, he thinks there's a food festival or market on, but I'm not so sure. I'll go with him though, it will be a chance to look at bread making machines, as I want a new one.
Have a lovely Bank Holiday Monday everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 26-Aug-19 09:03:48

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga where it was a bit misty an hour ago but the sun is shining through now.

Can’t decide right now whether to put my cossie on and go down to swim in the big pool for half an hour (now the family have gone home it could be a fitness plan each day) or whether I think ‘sod it’ and make some scrambled eggs and toast .... I’m fighting with myself here!

It’s Monday so out here that means an afternoon with my ladies and wine. Lovely! I haven’t been during August as I felt I was bunking off from the tag team!

Happy Birthday Beechnut2cakes I hope you enjoy your day.

As it’s MY birthday tomorrow would you share yours with me please?

Hope we all enjoy our Bank Holiday Monday whether we have plans or none. x

dragonfly46 Mon 26-Aug-19 09:04:54

Mary I hope your doctor can sort you out for your holiday.
oldgaijin hopefully the end is now in sight for the chemo - I believe it is crippling - my turn soon I suspect.
Sending you both hugs and flowers.

harrigran Mon 26-Aug-19 09:20:32

Good morning from a lovely sunny NE.
I am going nowhere today except in the garden.
Happy Birthday Beechnut.
Thinking of you Marydoll and others that have had chemo, I had terribly sore feet with it, skin peeled off and lost toe nails, I also had a pulmonary embolism. The good thing is that oncology units are on the lookout for symptoms like this.

Susan56 Mon 26-Aug-19 09:22:54

Another late start today.Weather isn’t anywhere near as hot as yesterday but still very warm.
We are sorting out the conservatory today in preparation for a new cupboard being delivered tomorrow.Our granddaughter starts pre school next week so won’t be here as much so the cupboard is for her toys,books etc
Happy birthday Beechnut???
oldgaijin and Marydoll?and hope you both feel better very soon.

grannysyb Mon 26-Aug-19 09:23:21

Just had breakfast in the garden, need to get going and go and water the allotment, as temperature is already creeping up. Not much planned as we had friends to stay on Saturday and other friends joined us for a meal, now catching up with laundry.

Legs55 Mon 26-Aug-19 09:32:23

Good morning from an overcast Devon although sun seems to be trying to break through. Thunderstorms threatened for later.

Going no-where today as roads will be busy, just a day pottering about in the garden.

Luvinthis Mon 26-Aug-19 09:41:17

BH task here is to clear out baby things from spare room. DD1 came back from Africa for the birth of first baby, my DGS2. It was a pleasure to have them all, DD1 DSIL1 and baby but now I am missing them so much and have a lump in my throat most of the time. Kenya is such a long way ?

cornergran Mon 26-Aug-19 09:43:45

A very late good morning from a misty corner of Somerset. Littlest is minding us today. Enjoyable chaos here. Happy birthday beechnut and for you tomorrow urmonstongran. Hope Monday is kind to everyone especially poorly people.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 26-Aug-19 09:47:27

Morning all. Blue skies here in South Notts. It's going to be another hot one.

After pruning a couple of small trees to look like lollipops my arms and legs are covered in itchy bites. Never mind, it's trivial in the great run of things.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 26-Aug-19 10:36:39

Dear Reader ... I went down for a swim. 40 minutes, nice and steady. I feel virtuous.

Breakfast now!
?

GabriellaG54 Mon 26-Aug-19 12:29:46

??? + ☀️ + ? = ??⚰

NanKate Mon 26-Aug-19 15:00:43

I can’t promise anything Kitty you know me too well.

Good to have you back minus your bucket Oldgaijin. Yes one bottle only, did I mentioned DH only drinks very moderately? I may keep some back for tomorrow unless I finish the bottle for medical reasons, such as to get me to sleep ?

NanKate Mon 26-Aug-19 15:03:30

Thanks Gillybob if you lived down sarf you would be welcome to join us.