Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Tue 27-Aug-19 06:11:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looks like another warm and hot day here in Brackley .
Will stick to my normal routine of going Buckingham and Bicester .
Taking water with me as well.
Mick

gillybob Tue 27-Aug-19 11:44:39

Oh I am glad Marydoll smile

I know that feeling when everything just gets on top of you . If you do decide to just stay in Rome can I join you please ? After a lovely weekend it’s that sinking back to normal feeling.

Legs55 Tue 27-Aug-19 10:23:39

Good morning all, woke up to a damp morning but sun is battling with the clouds, might have a lovely sunny Devon afternoon like yesterday.

Housework bit of a spring clean before I have almost a month off or gardening if weather picks up, housework can wait dust can't get any worse hmm

vena11 Tue 27-Aug-19 10:16:43

Morning all , hot here again in Bristol what a sticky night.

Just had a shower of rain which lasted 2 minutes .

Restful day for me today after I wipe off all the little finger prints from the windows and doors (hate really to wipe them off) as my daughter and the wee one have gone home.
Take care all .

Marydoll Tue 27-Aug-19 10:10:40

I have just phoned them Gilly and they have been very understanding.
I'm just feeling a bit low today.
DD and DIL have fallen out over bridesmaid's dress and I'm stuck in the middle. I want to shake the pair of them!

I have decided not to come back from Rome! grin.

EllanVannin Tue 27-Aug-19 10:08:28

Marydoll, I don't see a problem with you going away as it's not exactly a long-haul flight is it ?
I've met people in the past who've had strokes and still flown. My D's ma-in-law went to Oz and she had all sorts wrong with her, including taking warfarin but she was okay as I was with her on her flight. Bowel cancer too might I add.
As long as you've got all your allotted medication things should be okay.

I'm " high risk " heart attack/stroke but have flown to Cyprus not long after diagnosis and was fine.

gillybob Tue 27-Aug-19 10:05:18

Oh sod them Matydoll can you not just ring up and change the appointment ? You really NEED that holiday !

gillybob Tue 27-Aug-19 10:03:56

The thing is Auntieflo I am really hoping to make the Newcastle meet up on Friday (although knowing my luck something is bound to crop up) which will mean I can’t take him shopping then . There is no way he could/ would go over a week without shopping .

Marydoll Tue 27-Aug-19 09:56:59

My day has just got worse!
Letter posted through the door, early this morning, obviously delivered to wrong address.
I have an unexpected appointment for heart investigations, when I'm supposed to be in Rome! AAAARRRRGGGHHH!
I was told I didn't need any more investigations, so this is a bit of a bummer, to say the least.

EllanVannin Tue 27-Aug-19 09:44:32

Good Morning All x
Bright so far but storms for later----it never fails ! It hasn't been that hot here either, certainly nothing like 30 degrees. Even the atmosphere has felt damp with the sea mist so not that penetrating warmth that I like.

Have a lovely day for your Birthday Urmstongran---I'm sure you will.
Marydoll if you don't now get to Rome, I'll eat my hat !

Hope you all enjoy what's left of the good weather.

Auntieflo Tue 27-Aug-19 09:24:13

Morning Michael, Annie and all others.
Happy birthday Urmstongran. Enjoy your day, with cupcake and wine
Marydoll after your shenanigans in the Dr's, I hope you do manage to get away as planned.
Yesterday was just too hot, so we stayed inside, I hope today is cooler as I am volunteering this afternoon.
Gillybob, surely your dad cannot need more shopping?
Have a good day one and all.

Muckypup Tue 27-Aug-19 09:04:09

So sorry all those gardeners have let you down......I was a gardener until retirement and only cancelled on customers for bad weather and illness. I hope you manage to find a good one.

Anniebach Tue 27-Aug-19 08:57:14

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Really tired and fed up, been let down by a builder , five gardeners,

Hope everyone has a good day x

harrigran Tue 27-Aug-19 08:49:11

Good morning from a bright NE.
Happy Birthday Urmston, enjoy your day.
Spent the day in the garden again and did lots of reading.
Weather forecast is for a storm this evening but probably not until about 10pm so will get out and about today.
No updates from family on holiday this week, must have put a ban on screen time.

Greyduster Tue 27-Aug-19 08:41:10

Good morning Michael and all GNs. I hope today is going to be cooler. It was unbearable yesterday.
Just want to say Happy Birthday to Urmstongran?? and a belated Happy Birthday to Beechnut??. Have a good day folks.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 27-Aug-19 08:37:56

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny in east London, builders are drilling and hammering in the basement, skip went off at 7am so not so quiet. Need to pick up a waste for the new shower this morning, then hospital appointment this afternoon before going to join family to celebrate GD’s birthday. Gillybob, I know the place you mean; I was born ‘north of Morpeth/west of longhirst’ aka developer speak for the place they cannot name - P******d. (I shall go to the place Marydoll provided the link to, if I want to get started on that). Anyway, have a great birthday Urmstongran, and for everyone to have the day they wish.

Susan56 Tue 27-Aug-19 08:32:39

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.New cupboard being delivered this morning then off to Cheshire to sort my mum’s banking out and take her shopping.
Happy birthday Urmstongran.Hooe you have a fab day???
Nannytopsy??that everything goes ahead today and Marydoll ??your blood test results are what you need to get you to Rome????????

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 27-Aug-19 08:24:44

Morning all, I think it's going to be another hot and sticky day here in South Notts.

They certainly won't forget you in a hurry marydoll or maybe they will - you can't be the only one who's has a catastrophe, surely?

Happy birthday urmston.

Hopefully my sister will visit me as usual as it's Tuesday unless the heat puts her off. Lots of tea drinking and nattering.

My limbs are covered with red, itchy midge/gnat bites which attacked me while I was artfully trimming my little trees to resemble lollipops. I do like a bit of topiary.

Keep cool if it's hot where you are. Hope all is well with everyone.

Persistentdonor Tue 27-Aug-19 08:24:02

We had lots of rain in the night here in Torbay, still plenty of cloud around.
Hope everyone enjoys their day, especially where birthdays are involved.

Mapleleaf Tue 27-Aug-19 08:22:39

Good morning everyone,
I think we are in for another warm day, though storms are forecast for this afternoon unless the weather forecast has changed since I looked yesterday.
We have had a very relaxed weekend and yesterday enjoyed dinner in the garden. A shame a wasp decided to be a pest, despite the citronella candles!
Happy birthday Urmstongran - enjoy your day. ??, and belated birthday wishes for yesterday to you, Beechnut ?
?.
Goodness, what a catastrophe, Marydoll. Yes, I hope those stains vanish, too! ?
Hope you all enjoy a good day, whatever your plans.

NanKate Tue 27-Aug-19 08:13:06

Morning Mick and All.

Another scorcher here in South Bucks a friend and I have decided to drive to have coffee as it will be too hot to walk up our hill in the high 20s or beyond ?

Mary you have had DH and myself in stitches over your latest blood massacre, it could only happen to you. I suspect your tunic is a goner.

BlueSapphire Tue 27-Aug-19 08:11:42

Good morning from a fine and bright Northampton.

A lovely day was had yesterday; DDIL and DGDs picked me up after lunch and we first went to an out of town shopping centre for some retail therapy. I didn't need it, but I bought a new top from Fatface. Then off to Stanwick Lakes for a picnic and outdoor cinema, which was a lovely way to spend a warm early evening. The film was Incredibles 2 which was enjoyed by all.

DGDs coming today as mum and dad are back at work; we shall probably have a trip to Sainsbury's on the bus so they can have a drink and a slice of their favourite chocolate gateau, while I will probably get a few odds and ends. After lunch I have promised them the paddling pool out as it looks like being another hot day. Luckily I have plenty of icecreams in the freezer! I am wondering what the cats will make of the paddling pool - they have a fascination with water!

Happy birthday ? Urmstongran! Hope it's a good one!

cornergran Tue 27-Aug-19 08:03:45

Morning All. Hazy with the promise of a hot day ahead, cooler later it seems. marydoll that truly doesn’t sound as amusing as your description sounds can only hope the outcome is positive. Good luck nannyt and anyone else on the move. Happy birthday to urmstrong. A bits and pieces day ahead here. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

dragonfly46 Tue 27-Aug-19 08:00:14

?nannytopsy

Pantglas1 Tue 27-Aug-19 07:58:31

A fragile good morning all - that third gin with my visitors last night wasn’t the best idea but we’re abstaining today and I’m planning on a proper detox when they go! That’s what I love about my friends- they’re such a bad influence on me - ha ha!

Happy birthday Urmstongran and anyone else who’s celebrating- have a good day regardless.

Nannytopsy Tue 27-Aug-19 07:54:52

You made your presence felt in style Marydoll! Well done!
Happy Birthday Urmstongran - enjoy your quiet meal at home. Hoping against hope that we exchange today and confirm completion for next Wednesday! If you could all cross your fingers, surely the power of GN will get it done! grin