Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Tue 27-Aug-19 06:11:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looks like another warm and hot day here in Brackley .
Will stick to my normal routine of going Buckingham and Bicester .
Taking water with me as well.
Mick

dragonfly46 Tue 27-Aug-19 06:32:34

Good morning Mick from a hazy Leistershire. No doubt the heat will build later.

Walking with friends this afternoon then NWR this evening.

Happy Birthday Urmstongran hope you have a lovely day.

Beechnut Tue 27-Aug-19 06:37:53

Good Morning everyone.
Misty on the top of the hill so it’s going to be a warm one again.

Thank you all very much for my birthday greetings yesterday. I had a wonderful day and my surprise treat from DD was a trip to Speedway at Swindon last night. Brought back youthful memories.

I wish Many Happy Returns of the day for you Urmstongran and hope you have a lovely day. ?

I hope you all enjoy the sunshine and have a good day ?

ninathenana Tue 27-Aug-19 06:37:55

Morning Mick, dragonfly and all to follow.

Cloudy in Kent this morning and very still and quiet , quiet eerie.
Usual Tuesday, take DH to work and go food shopping.
Happy Birthday Urmstongran

Urmstongran Tue 27-Aug-19 07:04:53

Good morning everyone from a misty start to my birthday here in Malaga.

Thank you to you lovely ladies for remembering and for your good wishes! Another birthday nearer to my state pension - only 11 months till I receive it now - reason enough to celebrate ha!

I enjoyed my swim so much yesterday. I surprised myself to be honest. The muscles in my lower legs and feet ached last night so I must have given them a workout if nothing else! Anyway I plan to do the same every day for the next 3 weeks now.

We’ve eaten out so often during August I have said I’d like to stay in tonight, cook some chicken and open a nice bottle of wine instead of going out!

Hope Tuesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Resurgam123 Tue 27-Aug-19 07:05:01

Good Morning There is sun in the sky. I hope it does not get too hot. I cannot do hot.
My two grandsons and their mum are coming later.
But second GS is off to school in a week he is only 4.
Not so many visits possible. We will see less of them both, they are 50 miles away.
It had to happen.

We have had that photo of the little one in full school uniform.
He is not very big anyway. Neither are many in our family, come to that.

kittylester Tue 27-Aug-19 07:16:30

Morning all from a very sunny North Leicestershire. As dragonfly says, it looks like being another hot one.

I've had enough of the heat now - please cam we just have warm and sunny.

Alzheimer's Course today - a welcome change from 2 Dgds! grin

Many happy returns Urmston - have a super day.

Enjoy your days everyone else whether it's your birthday or not.

aggie Tue 27-Aug-19 07:19:49

Good morning all , there is a very thick fog here ! and we are forecast rain ! and I have two GC this morning ! and then the plumber is due to sort the heating .............. what joy ......... what fun !

Bellasnana Tue 27-Aug-19 07:27:17

Good morning everyone. It’s hot and sunny here in Malta. We haven’t had rain for months but should get a decent downpour once we are into September. I don’t like it but it’s much needed.

Many happy returns, Urmstongran, I’m sure you will be celebrating in style.?

Off to get my roots done this morning. I’m not ready to embrace the grey just yet, so it’s a monthly appointment.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.☀️

Lins1066 Tue 27-Aug-19 07:28:40

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
It is a cloudy start on the S Welsh coast but still warm.
We need to do some shopping later.
Happy Birthday Urmstongran.
Hope all have a good day.

Brunette10 Tue 27-Aug-19 07:28:51

Good Morning all and to those who follow. Happy Birthday Urmston hope you have a great day. Well the sun is out once again, looks as if it's going to be another lovely day. Coffee this morning with friend for catch up, then off to do the necessary eyebrow, lip and chin in the afternoon. One of these things you have to do as the age creeps in wink. I hope everyone has a good day.

Minniemoo Tue 27-Aug-19 07:31:40

Morning all. Happy Birthday Urmstongran. Quiet day today. Had a busy few days so it's quite nice to have nothing to do. Enjoy your day everyone

gillybob Tue 27-Aug-19 07:39:00

Good morning from the North East coast where we have a pleasant start to the day with the sun fighting its way through the clouds. Rain and thunderstorms forecast for later this afternoon. So possibly back to normal ?

Had a lovely day yesterday . DH and I went to a garden centre in Morpeth where I ended up buying the brightest pink Cordyline for half price. (Definitely not what I went for) . I already had a perfect dark grey pot for it and it looks fab on my patio. We had lunch out too (I am getting spoiled) but had to be home by mid afternoon to take over childcare duties.

Today I have the 3 older DGC and have to break the bad news that my dad NEEDS shopping (again) and they won’t be happy.

I hope you have a lovely birthday Urmstongran I can’t think of a better way to spend it, than on holiday in Malaga, you lucky lady smile so glad you had a good day yesterday Beechnut .

Anyway I’m opening the breakfast cafe in about half an hour if anyone’s hungry. We have a full menu on offer this morning .

Have a good Tuesday everyone x

Marydoll Tue 27-Aug-19 07:40:58

Good morning all from a hazy day in Glasgow. It promises to be a fine day, but as not hot as down south.

Happy birthday, Urmston, what a lovely way to spend your birthday .
Nursery pick up for us today and getting some of my holiday things ready, all depends on yesterday's blood test results. If they are no more abnormal than usual, I'm off! grin

The doctor's appointment yesterday was a bit of a disaster.
I was holding a piece of cotton wool on the site of the needle prick, when somehow I dropped it on the floor.
As I bent down to pick it up amd the blood started spurting every where. shock. It wouldn't stop!

It was all over the desk, chair, floor, my arm, my leg and my pristine/virginal/ pure and dazzling white tunic!
The nurse had her back to me and by the time she realised what was happening, the room looked as if a massactre had occured.
Oviously, everything had to be sanitised because a blood spillage was invovled.
Her parting words were: You are barred! grin.

I then had to pick up missing prescriptions,( another long story!) so I went into the pharmacy with a newspaper clutched against my chest to cover up the bloodstained top. (Think blood red tie die.)
Of course I had to remove the newspaper, to sign the prescription.
The look of horror on everyone's face was priceless. The tunic was also covered in black newsprint. grin
The top has been soaking all day and night in a well known stain remover, I do hope the stains vanish

I hope everyone has a lovely day!

Nannytopsy Tue 27-Aug-19 07:54:52

You made your presence felt in style Marydoll! Well done!
Happy Birthday Urmstongran - enjoy your quiet meal at home. Hoping against hope that we exchange today and confirm completion for next Wednesday! If you could all cross your fingers, surely the power of GN will get it done! grin

Pantglas1 Tue 27-Aug-19 07:58:31

A fragile good morning all - that third gin with my visitors last night wasn’t the best idea but we’re abstaining today and I’m planning on a proper detox when they go! That’s what I love about my friends- they’re such a bad influence on me - ha ha!

Happy birthday Urmstongran and anyone else who’s celebrating- have a good day regardless.

dragonfly46 Tue 27-Aug-19 08:00:14

?nannytopsy

cornergran Tue 27-Aug-19 08:03:45

Morning All. Hazy with the promise of a hot day ahead, cooler later it seems. marydoll that truly doesn’t sound as amusing as your description sounds can only hope the outcome is positive. Good luck nannyt and anyone else on the move. Happy birthday to urmstrong. A bits and pieces day ahead here. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

BlueSapphire Tue 27-Aug-19 08:11:42

Good morning from a fine and bright Northampton.

A lovely day was had yesterday; DDIL and DGDs picked me up after lunch and we first went to an out of town shopping centre for some retail therapy. I didn't need it, but I bought a new top from Fatface. Then off to Stanwick Lakes for a picnic and outdoor cinema, which was a lovely way to spend a warm early evening. The film was Incredibles 2 which was enjoyed by all.

DGDs coming today as mum and dad are back at work; we shall probably have a trip to Sainsbury's on the bus so they can have a drink and a slice of their favourite chocolate gateau, while I will probably get a few odds and ends. After lunch I have promised them the paddling pool out as it looks like being another hot day. Luckily I have plenty of icecreams in the freezer! I am wondering what the cats will make of the paddling pool - they have a fascination with water!

Happy birthday ? Urmstongran! Hope it's a good one!

NanKate Tue 27-Aug-19 08:13:06

Morning Mick and All.

Another scorcher here in South Bucks a friend and I have decided to drive to have coffee as it will be too hot to walk up our hill in the high 20s or beyond ?

Mary you have had DH and myself in stitches over your latest blood massacre, it could only happen to you. I suspect your tunic is a goner.

Mapleleaf Tue 27-Aug-19 08:22:39

Good morning everyone,
I think we are in for another warm day, though storms are forecast for this afternoon unless the weather forecast has changed since I looked yesterday.
We have had a very relaxed weekend and yesterday enjoyed dinner in the garden. A shame a wasp decided to be a pest, despite the citronella candles!
Happy birthday Urmstongran - enjoy your day. ??, and belated birthday wishes for yesterday to you, Beechnut ?
?.
Goodness, what a catastrophe, Marydoll. Yes, I hope those stains vanish, too! ?
Hope you all enjoy a good day, whatever your plans.

Persistentdonor Tue 27-Aug-19 08:24:02

We had lots of rain in the night here in Torbay, still plenty of cloud around.
Hope everyone enjoys their day, especially where birthdays are involved.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 27-Aug-19 08:24:44

Morning all, I think it's going to be another hot and sticky day here in South Notts.

They certainly won't forget you in a hurry marydoll or maybe they will - you can't be the only one who's has a catastrophe, surely?

Happy birthday urmston.

Hopefully my sister will visit me as usual as it's Tuesday unless the heat puts her off. Lots of tea drinking and nattering.

My limbs are covered with red, itchy midge/gnat bites which attacked me while I was artfully trimming my little trees to resemble lollipops. I do like a bit of topiary.

Keep cool if it's hot where you are. Hope all is well with everyone.

Susan56 Tue 27-Aug-19 08:32:39

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.New cupboard being delivered this morning then off to Cheshire to sort my mum’s banking out and take her shopping.
Happy birthday Urmstongran.Hooe you have a fab day???
Nannytopsy??that everything goes ahead today and Marydoll ??your blood test results are what you need to get you to Rome????????

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 27-Aug-19 08:37:56

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny in east London, builders are drilling and hammering in the basement, skip went off at 7am so not so quiet. Need to pick up a waste for the new shower this morning, then hospital appointment this afternoon before going to join family to celebrate GD’s birthday. Gillybob, I know the place you mean; I was born ‘north of Morpeth/west of longhirst’ aka developer speak for the place they cannot name - P******d. (I shall go to the place Marydoll provided the link to, if I want to get started on that). Anyway, have a great birthday Urmstongran, and for everyone to have the day they wish.