Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Thu 29-Aug-19 06:14:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry after some overnight rain, but you have morning mist.
Usual bus trips out to Buckingham and Bicester , later this morning.
I leave around 10 ish but return around 1630 due limited bus link between Brackley and Buckingham.
Mick

Bellasnana Thu 29-Aug-19 08:17:16

Good morning from Malta where it is cloudy and 32°C. Some areas of the island have had some rain, but so far not where I live.

Have someone coming to advise me on security cameras this am, then am going to meet my friend for coffee. I thought we had arranged to meet yesterday, but got the day wrong. Quite worried about my awful memory.

Also, somewhat concerned to see Hurricane Dorian is hurtling towards the very part of Florida where my DD2 and DGD live. Hoping it won’t do a lot of damage.

Have a good day everyone.☀️

NannyJan53 Thu 29-Aug-19 08:24:55

NanKate Bromsgrove is about 20 minutes drive from me! Enjoy your couple of days, sounds lovely.

GabriellaG54 Thu 29-Aug-19 08:30:06

Guten morgan die damen ??

Another loverley day before us. A spotless blue sky here in sunny Godalming, 14° rising to 23° hmm that's a heck of a rise.

It's calm and seems much warmer and my run ended with a banana smoothie. I'd rather drink milk and eat the fruit separately but my running mate did the honours.

Another delivery expected, a waffle dressing gown. I don't usually bother as my postie and couriers have seen me en déshabillé so I don't care but needs must. Nothing heavy, furry, hooded or patterned, just plain slate grey which will go with any colour of pjs ...?? Oh yes, I'm mindful of colour co-ordination and white looks like a 'hotel freebie'.

Today? Nothing on really. Pots watered and new plants bedded in the small plot last evening, no food shop needed, laundry done/dried/folded, meeting some friends tonight for a chinwag in someone's garden...that's it.
I may go over to Farnham as they have some great little independent shops and I'll probably take a look at the castle too, it's only 11 miles away.
Here's hoping all of you have an enjoyable day whether indoors or out and about. ???
Mind how you go...?

Urmstongran Thu 29-Aug-19 08:39:17

Why the (presumed)German Gabriella? I can be a bit dim sometimes, admittedly. Have I missed something here?
?

ninathenana Thu 29-Aug-19 08:45:14

Morning everyone.

Back to blue skies in Kent though pleasantly cooler. Sorting through DH's clothes this morning as his new meds have the side effect of making him drop from a 38/40 waist to a 34.
It's proving expensive.
Have a good day all

Anniebach Thu 29-Aug-19 08:48:17

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

EllanVannin Thu 29-Aug-19 08:50:20

Good Morning All x.

Sunshine every now and again though not sure what the forecast is for today.
Some pot planting of a large bag of mixed daff bulbs , but at the front this time where the squirrels won't get at them.

I have a friend calling later so a good chinwag is in order, apart from some tidying and hoovering beforehand there's nothing else on the agenda today.

I'm exhausted reading about all you other busy people, though I must conserve my energy for tomorrows visit to my GGC, all 7 of them, it's the Birthday of the youngest who'll be 3, so that'll be exciting----and noisy.

Enjoy the day everyone, home and abroad.

boheminan Thu 29-Aug-19 08:52:03

Good morning to everyone from a blue, bright Oxford. Up early, so can feel smug as my 'tick list' is already completed. Plan to cycle into town soon. Often go to Buckingham Mick...lovely little town.

Alygran Thu 29-Aug-19 08:53:35

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It is brightening up so I should get the holiday washing dry. Just back from a week on the Algarve, lovely sunny breezy days and a good rest after a hectic 3 and a half weeks looking after DGS.
Food shopping and gardening today.
Hope everyone has a good day.

GabriellaG54 Thu 29-Aug-19 09:05:37

No...you're certainly not dim Urmstongran, it's just me being silly. I sometimes greet friends in another language just to relieve the bordom of always saying 'Hello, how are you?'
Frankly, don't know much beyond basic greetings anyway.
Same with the deliberate miss-spelling of 'lovely'.
I wrote as I would sometimes pronounce it with people who know me well. ???

GabriellaG54 Thu 29-Aug-19 09:07:52

Yes...it's boredom, not bordom hmm

Urmstongran Thu 29-Aug-19 09:10:23

Ah right! Thanks for explaining Gabriella!
?
Amusing, now I know!!

Marydoll Thu 29-Aug-19 09:13:32

Gabriella, did you forget , unser geliebter Michael, when you greeted us? grin
Shame on you! wink

Nannytopsy Thu 29-Aug-19 09:13:41

Good morning everyone! Hello Kitty & NanKate.
A very late start after a broken night - surely we will exchange today? Our buyer came yesterday which caused a panic in case she was going to drop out but she seemed keen still.
Lovely morning here now after lots of rain yesterday evening, with a refreshing coolness.
Happy days everyone and good luck with dentists!

MawB Thu 29-Aug-19 09:20:35

Guten Morgen meine Damen GabriellaG ??

vena11 Thu 29-Aug-19 09:33:20

Morning from a much cooler Bristol but it is still pleasant .

Just food shopping for me today and a bit of house work.

Going to Birmingham tomorrow to baby sit for my daughter, always a pleasure. Her DH is working away at the moment so we try to help out where we can. Not easy for her with a baby and working .

Have a lovely day all.

Legs55 Thu 29-Aug-19 09:40:54

Good morning from sunny Devon, should stay fine but may cloud later. Hope it stays nice as I need to spend a day in the garden.

Wishing every-one a pleasant day

Mapleleaf Thu 29-Aug-19 09:48:39

Good morning everyone,
It’s a Bonny day, as my MiL would say, with sunshine and blue sky with a few white clouds. It feels a touch cooler than of late, but not been out yet to check, but will be shortly to see a friend.
All the best to those of you going to the dentist or doctor today.

Auntieflo Thu 29-Aug-19 09:58:13

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
I seem to arrive here later each day, (lazy bones).
Coffee and lunch with my friend yesterday was lovely and we talked for four hours, until she went home.
I then went out and got some little wooden figures for the dolls house I bought recently. It is supposed to be for our great grand children, but as I can't decide who shall have it, it may have to stay here, and be mine ?
My GGS, is in love with Peppa pig, and I found two in charity shops, so this morning the bigger one is hanging outside in the sun, after a wash, to thoroughly dry.
This afternoon, my neighbour is coming for a crochet lesson, so I hope I don't bewilder her.
Have a good day one and all.

GabriellaG54 Thu 29-Aug-19 09:59:10

Yes...it's morgen not morgan. My fault. ?
I've no idea why the greeting, when keyed in, appears with capital letters as I would only capitalise the first letter when beginning a sentence.
Maybe it's different in other languages...confused

WOODMOUSE49 Thu 29-Aug-19 10:01:51

Good Morning everyone.

Been with GN a few months now. First time looking at the Good Morning threads. I love them. They've perked me up.

Shouldn't have read the latest thread on news/politics. I promised myself I wouldn't make any more comments myself (but I did this morning). Fed up with the nastiness and constant questioning from some.

But I'm calm now. Sunny here in mid Cornwall. Rain last night. The grass needs cutting again. We're getting a good mix of sun and rain so everything is shooting up.

Trying to exchange contracts on step mother in law's house. Solicitors Grrrr! Now waiting for a call back. Solicitor has been on holiday for 2 weeks. She was back on Tuesday but on leave today! Exchange date was hoped to be tomorrow. Not a chance ! Good luck with your sale Nannytopsy

Electrician here to finish off 2nd fix in our new home. Lovely man. Really knows his job.

Hope all goes well to those at the dentist today flowers

MawB Thu 29-Aug-19 10:10:32

It is (done in other languages, namely German where nouns have a capital letter)

TyneAngel Thu 29-Aug-19 10:20:59

Good morning everyone, lovely Paul the Gardening Postie has just arrived to do my heavy pruning on a lovely blue sky morning. Off to the Oxford Playhouse later to see Nigel Slater's 'Toast' - someone tells me they hand out cookies to the front rows. In Row C, so hopeful. Wishing everyone some moments of joy today xx

Tricia55 Thu 29-Aug-19 10:58:32

Good morning Bellasnana, oh! I have some very very happy memories of Malta, from holidays many years ago, we stayed in Burgiabuggia in the south of the island. Sorry about the spelling it was such a lovely little spot where most Maltese came at weekends, lovely family run restaurant.
I always mean to go back.
It's a betwixed & between kind of day today here in Nairn.
Hope you all have a good day.
Triciax

Tricia55 Thu 29-Aug-19 11:01:39

Birżebbuġa.
Triciax