Gransnet forums

Chat

Wish me luck - job interview today

(121 Posts)
fizzers Thu 29-Aug-19 08:44:19

At 63 years old I'm going for my first job interview in over 25 years years today. After taking redundancy and early retirement, dwindling funds is forcing me back into the job market.

I finished work over two years ago and within a few months I became my mother's carer practically 24/7 up until she passed away at Christmas. I wasn't entitled to any financial help and my pension didn't cover my bills so have used the pension pot.

I don't know how I feel, I see people around me with a multitude of kids, who have never worked a day in their lives and here's me at 63 having to go back to work. I'm physically and mentally drained

Oh goodness I turned this into a moan! Just wanted some good luck wishes! have a good day everyone

luluaugust Fri 30-Aug-19 19:32:22

So pleased for you congratulations smile

katie1 Fri 30-Aug-19 19:33:30

Huge congratulations fizzers ! Dragonfly, you gave some good advice there, I am 62 and applying for jobs, I will remember what you said, if I ever get an interview !

Nandalot Fri 30-Aug-19 19:48:58

Well done, Fizzers. Sounds ideal.

Tangerine Fri 30-Aug-19 20:56:27

Wonderful news. Well done.

bikergran Fri 30-Aug-19 21:03:36

well done...hope your new job goes well smile

Oldandverygrey Sat 31-Aug-19 14:14:59

Just read your good news Fizzers many congratulations, hope you enjoy your new job.

Persistentdonor Mon 16-Sep-19 11:38:31

Only just found this brilliant news Fizzers.
Hope you are loving it.
All the best. flowers

ruffa Fri 05-Jun-20 17:02:04

it’s very difficult to get a job interview

MerylStreep Fri 05-Jun-20 17:09:53

ruffa
Have you seen the date of these posts.

ruffa Sat 06-Jun-20 10:13:04

MerylStreep
Oh, I just noticed!

vazivi Sun 07-Jun-20 17:47:26

i have a job interview in linkedin tuesday, i want this one, and i will be preparing for it with interview questions at apple mrsimon.ai/interview-questions/apple/

7sx2k Wed 02-Dec-20 18:15:42

How was your interview? I was apprehensive when I read it, but some time passed, and I became interested in checking it out. If everything is successful, I am pleased. I am not particularly of the working-age, but I was able to find a great position among the jooble vacancies site. I even worked part-time uk.jooble.org/jobs-dog-walker walking dogs in quarantine.

Ndubuagha Thu 28-Jan-21 21:07:33

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Kim19 Fri 29-Jan-21 01:40:33

So impressed that you even got to interview stage. Sorry for the reasons you find it necessary to do so. May you be even further successful in getting the job which may well open many other doors for you in the future. Fingers crossed and thinking of you.

korol Wed 10-Mar-21 21:17:43

Over the past few months, many people are faced with the fact that they need to look for work again. The pandemic has made life difficult for us. The difficulty is that there are few vacancies. And many companies are more willing to hire younger people. And they prefer to see men in their team. I was looking for a job in January and I know how difficult it is. In order not to miss my opportunity, I turned to resume writers resumeget.com/ and my resume caught the attention of a recruiter. It was happiness for me when I got a call and was invited for an interview. Then I got the job

emmaparkers Thu 28-Oct-21 15:50:24

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

emmaparkers Thu 28-Oct-21 15:56:12

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Studymart Sun 01-May-22 08:24:56

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Urmstongran Sun 01-May-22 08:28:11

An old thread from 2019 resurrected to tack onto and advertise.
Reported.

Germanshepherdsmum Sun 01-May-22 09:09:51

Don’t think anyone would be well advised to take their advice on ‘getting admission’!!!