Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Fri 30-Aug-19 06:12:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry and clear start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual shop and other things before I settle down to watch the Vuelta this afternoon, with a bit of luck most of noted riders I will see live in 3 weeks time in Yorkshire.
Mick

Sprout Fri 30-Aug-19 06:32:39

Morning Mick and all early start today. Nice morning here in Kent. Off to NM's home to prepare for flight to Spain tomorrow. His D and S going also so should be great fun. Have a good day and weekend everyone and those feeling poorly or have Hospital visits hope all goes well.

Marydoll Fri 30-Aug-19 06:40:36

Good morning Mick and all who have posted since I started typing! grin

Ciao Buongiorno, Gabriella. (I'm practising for next week.)

It's a miserable morning here in Glasgow, with a very ominous looking sky.

DS1 is taking DH to play golf at Gleneagles, as a birthday treat.
He spent all day yesterday, agonising about what to wear!
When he showed me what he had chosen, I sent him away to agonise again! grin

My day at the dentist was not as stressful, as I anticipated and he gave me a prescription to take with future flare ups, as my consultant has advised me to stay on that nasty medicine.

I'm off out with my recently bereaved sister in law. We are having a day in town and going for lunch and a wander around the shops.
Those who have been bereaved will understand, it's the little things that set you off.
I'm so looking forward to it, as the last few weeks have been really stressful healthwise and my sister in law is really low.
It will be good for her to talk, as she is afraid to talk in front of DH, for fear of upsetting him.

Have a good day all and Blue Sapphire, I hope the dentist visit wasn't as bad as you anticipated.

Nannytopsy Fri 30-Aug-19 06:42:30

Bonjour Michel et mes amis!
Another sleepless night in Topsy Towers. A much cloudier and cooler start to the day in Leicester. I hope Friday is good to us all.

BlueSapphire Fri 30-Aug-19 06:53:35

Guten Morgen, meine gnadige Frauen (und Herren) from Northampton where it's a bit grey at the moment, but the forecast is good for today.

Not much planned today; may pop down to M&S food/ Sainsbury's, have a coffee and do a top up shop. It's been a busy week and now I've got three free days. Hoping it stays dry so I can get the grass cut.

I am pleased to say my dental appointment went well yesterday. The old crown was removed painlessly, impressions were taken for a new one, and I had a temporary one fitted. I was pretty numbed up for a few hours afterwards but no pain even when it wore off. What a relief after all the horror stories I had heard! I cannot praise my lovely dentist highly enough. I would go so far as to say that I will never be scared of going to the Dentist again! Back in two weeks for the permanent crown.

Enjoy today, everyone. Is it the Tour of Britain you are going to see in Yorkshire, Mick?

Resurgam123 Fri 30-Aug-19 06:55:49

Good Morning All
My two little boys and their mum have gone home .
No more cereal to put out for hungry little boys.
I rather enjoyed it, and my morning chat with the nearly 7 yr old who is full of "wisdom." Younger brother is quite different.

Beechnut Fri 30-Aug-19 07:05:46

Ow bist ol butt. (A near local dialect) is my vorrun greeting today.

Dry and grey outside on Severnside.

Off out to do shopping and meeting my friend again later.

I hope your DH didn’t take long to dress this morning Marydoll.

I’m glad all the dentist trips went off ok. I was also scared from childhood days and think dentists don’t hold the fear factor these days.

I hope you all enjoy the day whatever you do ?

harrigran Fri 30-Aug-19 07:11:46

Good morning from a grey but dry NE.
Yesterday was a stay at home day with cleaning company cleaning all of the outside of the house and the gutters.
Today I have an appointment with the bank to change an account and then I will return to the opticians to look at glasses. Purse should be a little lighter when I return home.

NanKate Fri 30-Aug-19 07:16:40

Morning Mick and All.

Cloudy day here on our Farm Stay in Worcestershire. There was a long drive up to the farm past some beautiful looking cattle. It felt like we were at Downton ? I can smell the full English being prepared downstairs then we are off to the 50th WA of our friends with a 3 course meal ordered. We have decided to buy some sarnies for tonight as we will be totally stuffed with all this food.

Hope your mouth ulcers are getting better Mary.

Have a good day folks.

MawB Fri 30-Aug-19 07:19:20

Dobré ráno from N Bucks where it looks set fair but with a bit of a breeze.
Lovely day meeting up with my old friend yesterday, we just talked and talked! Now that I realise there is actually a through train to Balham from here and I don’t have to go through ghastly Euston I will be down to visit my old haunts more often. Oh I also got my car back with an eye watering bill. You may spot me on the High Street shaking a collecting tin.
Today I am off to Birmingham for lunch with DD and family to celebrate DGD’s FIFTH birthday - it does not seem possible, but much water has flown under the bridge since that day when I was hanging newly washed baby toys out on the line for DD!

Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 30-Aug-19 07:20:22

Good morning from east London, sunny and bright this morning. Lovely afternoon with GD yesterday at Wat Tyler park in south Essex, I don’t think she realised how much exercise she got. Tennis this morning - a mix of coaching and playing - then off to a performance this evening - ‘house of burlesque’. Not quite sure what to expect. Have a good day.

dragonfly46 Fri 30-Aug-19 07:24:07

Goede morgen dames en heren (are we all showing our European streak this morning?). Sun beginning to show in Leicestershire.

Final shop to stock up the house for my sojourn in hospital next week. Don’t know why I am doing it as DD and SiL coming up tomorrow.

Still got my fingers crossed Topsy.

Lins1066 Fri 30-Aug-19 07:30:08

Bore Da pawb!
Quite a bright start on the South Welsh coast.
I will need to stir my stumps soon as I am going to Book Club this morning to pick the bones over ' When Will There Be Good News?' by Kate Atkinson. I enjoyed it.

I made a pork casserole yesterday afternoon for our supper tonight, haven't made one for ages so will see how it turns out. Hope everyone has an enjoyable day, I'm sure gilly will knowing it's Friday.

Brunette10 Fri 30-Aug-19 07:33:41

Good Morning to all on this dull day in Fife. Rather cloudy and bit wettish looking. Glad to hear all visits to dentists yesterday went well and not as bad as first fiered. Marydoll you are sounding on a high this morning wink and so nice to hear it, hope you are feeling much better. Building work out back door is coming along fine. DD and DGS2 coming along later today and will take DGS2 for first pair of shoes, if he still sits still smile. I hope today is pleasant for everyone.

Alygran Fri 30-Aug-19 07:39:45

Good morning from cloudy, breezy and cool North Yorkshire.
Pleased to hear the dentist visits went well. Do you think the newer dentists are much kinder than those of our childhood?
Mick we are getting ready for the cycling here. Lots of signs for us to plan our travel that weekend have appeared.
Ironing today then the lawns need attention. Hope it warms up a bit.
Have a good Friday everyone, especially Gilly

NannyJan53 Fri 30-Aug-19 07:44:06

Good Morning from a cloudy Black Country aye it smile

Had a lovely afternoon with DD and 2 DGD's and Mum. Local village pub had an offer on, 50% off all main meals. So the girls meal with dessert was £1.99, bargain!

DD's friend has lived in the country 20 years, married with 2 children. She is from Germany, and she has to apply for settled status, which you can do on an App, but only on an Android phone. So she came over to access the App on my phone! It doesn't work on I Phones apparently. Crazy that she has to do this anyway!

Today I have my Friday Walking for Health walk, not been for a while, as so many other things have happened on Fridays lately.

This afternoon I am off to a wedding. The couple are in their 60's, he has never been married before, she has. They have been together over 12 years and have decided to now 'tie the knot'

Have a lovely day everyone.

ninathenana Fri 30-Aug-19 07:48:09

Morning all from sunny but fresh Kent.

Usual Friday food shop with DH luckily he quiet enjoys it or maybe that's the coffee and cake we stop for.
We buy ready made curry so Friday night is always a no cook night.
Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 30-Aug-19 07:51:52

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga. The WiFi signal is weak at the moment so I can’t join in the fun! I was going to use ‘Esperanto’ to see what that looked like. It never did take off did it as a universal language? I suppose English does that job well enough - we didn’t need a second best.

My swim in an hour. I keep telling myself it must be doing some good!

This photo was yesterday in the lovely garden here.

Glad to hear your dental appointment went well BlueSaphhire

Hope you enjoy lunch with your sadly bereaved sister in law Marydoll who will be grateful for your time and support. I hope those nasty mouth ulcers are on the mend. They are exquisitely painful little buggers - luckily I’ve not had one for years - I read somewhere that (medication side effects apart) they don’t appear after the menopause. Not sure where that leaves men!

Miss happy gillybob will be along soon. That cartoon makes me smile every Friday!

Hope it’s kind to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

vena11 Fri 30-Aug-19 07:52:48

Lovely morning here sun shining , up and ready for my overnight stay at my daughters . Have a lovely day all .

NfkDumpling Fri 30-Aug-19 07:58:46

Mornin’ All on yer. Howaya gittin on t’gether?

Another beautiful morning here in the north of Norfolk.

Washing and cleaning today after a couple of days with DGC and DGdog and a day at the beach yesterday meaning sand everywhere. Need a quiet rest day!

Auntieflo Fri 30-Aug-19 07:58:59

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others.
It's dry, but no actual sunshine here, looking out from my bedroom, while I drink my first cup of tea.
My lovely young neighbour came yesterday afternoon, for a lesson in crochet, and by golly, she got it! Small steps, but I didn't get her all confused.
All the talk of dentists, make me remember when I used to go as a schoolgirl, with my beret screwed into a rag, while I had a filling done. I'm sure they filled a tooth, even though it wasn't neccessary.
I will try and finish lining the crochet bag I made, then probably shopping this afternoon, while DH does his volunteering.
Today, it is 6 weeks since we ordeed a new garage door, so , fingers crossed, that we hear soon that it is due to be installed
It will be nice to just have a 'zapper' and not get in and out of the car to open the garage door, especially in the rain.
Have a good day one and all.

gillybob Fri 30-Aug-19 07:59:17

Good morning from a rather dull North East coast where once again we have rain expected later and would you believe rain forecast all weekend, well one sunny weekend in 52 can’t be too bad can it ? and expecting 2 in a row is just plain greedy wink

Well I’ve been at “that place” since just after 7 as hoping to make my escape earlier than normal and pop through to Newcastle to meet some fellow Geordie grans (assuming it’s still going ahead that is). No one needs to know if it’s cancelled, I will still escape at 11 ssssshhhhhh fingers on lips and do a bit window shopping. I rarely get to town and even rarer on my own . Might check my credit card balance and who knows what I might come back with? Probably something for Evie smile

I’m so glad having you crown sorted was less traumatic than you expected BlueSapphire and I hope your new medicine works for you Marydoll .

“When will there be good news” is one of my favourite books ever Lins1066 I love Kate Atkinson and can’t wait to read the new one “Big Sky” but will have to wait for it come into paperback . Thank you for your Friday good wishes and to Alygran too. Friday is my most bestest day of the week, with the whole weekend to look forward to.

Have a good one everyone xx

Urmstongran Fri 30-Aug-19 08:06:11

Oops! Posted without checking.

Susan56 Fri 30-Aug-19 08:06:52

Bore da from West Wales???????
A dull start but hopefully it will stay dry as DGD is very excited to go to the beach and build sandcastles.We are meeting my husbands niece and her children for lunch,hopefully DH’s parents will join us but they don’t always feel up to going out.
I’m glad all the dental appointments went well,I am another dentist phobic,I think it definitely stems from my childhood dentist treatment.
Have a lovely day everyone. Marydoll don’t overdo it??is just around the corner and gillybob thank goodness it’s friday???

Susan56 Fri 30-Aug-19 08:10:09

The gardens look lovely and gilly glad you have a lovely day free of that place.Enjoy??