Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen for the sharing of...

(1001 Posts)
soop Fri 30-Aug-19 14:03:34

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and
Jolly good company...

Welcome...

brew cupcake wine flowers smile (hugs) a plenty

soop Fri 30-Aug-19 16:27:08

Galen shock Time you went cruising. Us lot enjoy imagining that we're with you.

CharleygThere must be a mistake. Four new tyres seems a bit excessive.

granniequeenie The duster found it's way back into the cupboard. I must have had a "funny turn".

dragonfly You remain foremost in my thoughts. sunshine

Alygran Fri 30-Aug-19 16:28:01

Hello in the new kitchen. Always a warm welcome, laughs and mutual support here.
Too much talk of dusters but it reminds me has anyone seen Greyduster ?
No nibbles for me thank you as I am going out for an aperitif and a bar snack with a friend this evening. We are catching up before she jets off on holiday this weekend.
TOYA

NanaandGrampy Fri 30-Aug-19 16:39:22

Hi Alygran , Greyduster has a busy old time with visiting family at the moment, but she is well and will be back before you know it !

dragonfly46 Fri 30-Aug-19 16:44:11

Charley that can't be right unless you have been driving on over inflated or under inflated tyres. I think I would ask for a second opinion.

Thank you Soop it is all getting uncomfortably near now!

chicken Fri 30-Aug-19 16:50:35

Charley---new tyres, that sounds like a rip-off. We had our little car for 3 years and only did 8,000 miles and the tyres were like new. Get a second opinion!

morethan2 Fri 30-Aug-19 17:04:26

Hello everyone I’ll have a scone Galen thank you. Welcome oldwomen No change here. I went to my water aerobic class yesterday to tell my fellow water friends that I was suspending my membership for a month to help out my DiL. One of the ladies who I only know in passing gave me a really big hug. It made me feel so comforted. Most people just don’t know how to react to horrible news (including me) I Know now. My youngest son and family are down this weekend to see his brother DiL and family so I doubt there’ll be any homemade goodies from me. I’d like to think I could keep up with all the coming and goings but I’ll probably only be able to pop in now and again. A big ((((hug))) to everyone.

Panache Fri 30-Aug-19 17:05:07

My word doesn`t time fly by with wings in this kitchen of ours!!!!
I think reading of HOME MADE JAM brought me out of my closet!!................dusters though and I shall retreat even faster.Whom was it that ever invented them??

A warm welcome to our newcomer,I am sure our Soop will have helped to make you feel at home.
Indeed the kitchen seems to have taken on a new phase again,very smart and so comfy,this sofa certainly has my name on it!!

With you in thoughts Dragonfly............time to get the dastardly deed done and dusted,to get you back very much "in the pink" again.flowers

Good news regarding this long drawn out saga of my leg injury,having had 2 months of either 3 or often 4 visits per week to our Surgery at long last I have been told the great news that it is almost fully healed,another week perhaps and I shall be plaster free...............do help me celebrate!!!

Shall I start busking in aid of all those new tyres CharleyG..........surely that is a blow under the belt?Rather cruel for sure.

A quiet weekend hoped for and I leave wishing you all every blessing, plus peace with which to enjoy whatever it is you intend doing.TOYA XX

morethan2 Fri 30-Aug-19 17:09:49

My grandson holding our great grandson. Oh the joy he’s bought to my DiL is priceless.

Carillion01 Fri 30-Aug-19 17:15:46

Oh morethan, how lovely, it puts everything into perspective. Xxx

chicken Fri 30-Aug-19 17:45:44

morethan--- what a heartlifting picture.

Panache---so glad to hear that your damaged leg is at last healing.

I think that the men in white coats will be knocking on my door soon---I had to give one of my teddies a wash today. He'd been a bit over-cuddled by a needy friend and was getting a bit grubby, but all the time I was washing him, I found myself apologising to him and telling him that it would soon be over and---worst of all---after he'd been face down in the soapy water, I was giving him CPR ! Then the trauma of having to peg him to the line by his ear----well, how daft can I get!!

He's now dry, brushed and cuddled up with his friends.

callgirl1 Fri 30-Aug-19 17:57:43

Morethan, what a lovely photo, your DIL must be so proud of them.
Soop, any chance of a photo of the feral cat colony? Love your new kitchen, a glass of Prosecco and one of Galen`s scones will go down a treat.
Panache, good to hear that your leg is coming along well.
Chicken, how daft can we be sometimes? But it`s harmless, so no matter.
CharleyG, are you sure that you haven`t been lending your car out to Lewis Hamilton?
My youngest son has just returned from Blackpool, they brought rock, and a bright red "Wobbly Willie" for his brother`s wife! It`s on my unit at the moment, looking just a tad rude!
It`s blessedly cooler today, but still sunny.
Dragonfly, you are in my thoughts x
But TOYA x

Charleygirl5 Fri 30-Aug-19 18:25:28

Dragonfly chicken and callgirl no change of tyres, no MOT, no car- simples. That service is the cheapest thing I have had to pay for recently and there is more to come because other items here have taken a permanent holiday.
Also, I have a nasty feeling the builder will want a fair whack tomorrow.

Not to worry, I thought of putting a brown paper bag over my face and trading my wares at Kings Cross although it has gone rather upmarket these last few years.

Tara and I have only one more night to share the single bed.
TOYA

soop Fri 30-Aug-19 18:41:32

morethan Your photograph is beautiful. Such precious boys flowers

We went to the barns. They are enormous and dreary and soulless. No nice bales of hay. We didn't catch sight of the cats. They will be recovering from their recent trips to the vet. Put food down in special bowls. Saw an empty crate. Will take Rory's laundered blankets with us tomorrow. They should be comfortable and useful inside the crate.

Returned home to find our neighbour calling to have coffee and a blether. He's just this minute gone. Now I'm chasing my own shadow. Never mind, tomorrow is another day. I hope to catch myself coming back...as they say.

TOYA and I'm delighted that you are happy with the new kitchen. Relax and enjoy.

smile moon

cornergran Fri 30-Aug-19 18:41:42

Nope, not me charley. grin. Mr C suggests you get a second opinion, says the kindest way to describe it is poor advice.

Well, I’m gutted. How come everyone is eating galen’s scones and not mine? hmm. As an experiment I just tasted one myself, OK I understand. grin.

Beautiful boys morethan, sending a hug for you all.

Excellent news about the leg panache. Is it safe to ask how the bungalow sale is going?

No attempt to cook here this evening other than to put ready prepared stuff in the oven. Still it won’t put itself in so the kitchen elf best be off.

TOYA with special thoughts for dragonfly and anyone else finding life difficult just now.

Doodle Fri 30-Aug-19 18:54:27

Lovely photo morethan.
Psst carillion you’re in the kitchen. No mention of poteen in here ??

Nannytopsy Fri 30-Aug-19 18:58:19

Good grief! I look away for a day and we are on page 2 of a new kitchen ! Never mind the Prosecco where’s the b....y gin? 8 days after exchange date and one working day from completion and no progress. No exchange, so can’t confirm the removals men etc. I am so cross!
Morethan, a lovely photo - hugs.
We are drinking an interestingbanana wine from Tenerife. A glass anyone?

Bellanonna Fri 30-Aug-19 19:52:53

Welcome new Kitchen. Shame no fizz left. Corner, your scones are (were) lovely. Morethan what a lovely picture of the two boys. Soop I reckon Brodie will be back to Casa Soop-McSporran as soon as he feels fit again, albeit somewhat lighter.
I too was wondering about Greyduster. Glad she’s ok.

callgirl1 Fri 30-Aug-19 22:10:26

Sorry Corner, I missed that about your scones, tried one and it was quite tasty, might go back for another.

cornergran Fri 30-Aug-19 22:26:36

Brave people callgirl and bellanonna, my head is held high again. grin

nannyt , oh blimey is all I can say. Drink that interesting wine and sleep well. You can do nothing to influence things over the weekend so relax as much as you can and conserve your energy ready for some positive news on Monday. I’ll have everything crossed for you.

Other than a trip for acupuncture which involved lying down for half an hour and a fairly civilised food shop I’ve done absolutely nothing useful today. I probably should be more active tomorrow. Will I? Doubt it. smile.

TOYA.

Synonymous Fri 30-Aug-19 23:18:48

NannyT we finished off a banana wine/liqueur from Teneriffe prior to our last move. The general consensus was that it tasted much better in Teneriffe as so often these holiday buys do! hmm

Ref tyres I had to have new tyres on my car earlier than I have ever had to before and apparently it was because they were continental tubeless tyres which don't last as long. Good thing it was part of the lease deal!

Morethan such lovely boys, do give them all a hug from 'us lot'. Thinking of you and your whole family particularly at this time. xx

It bucketed with rain all day here so my new tree did not get planted and I had to haul it into the garage to prevent it being blown over and wind damaged. It is a Cercidiphyllum japonica or Katsura tree and I have waited for it since January so am very pleased it has arrived at last. I am having it planted near the drive and the front path so that when the leaves drop in the autumn we will smell the lovely caramel smell when they are walked on. It is a lovely tree with year round interest. I am enjoying searching out some interesting plants and the garden is filling up nicely. smile sunshine

soop your friend Brodie will smell your scent and know it was you bringing gifts. smile Hope he won't hold a grudge about the 'snip'!hmm

TOYA and leaving a big bowl of plums from the garden - enjoy and don't hold back, there are plenty!

Nannytopsy Sat 31-Aug-19 06:10:23

Lovely plums synonymous! ?
There are green beans on the side if anyone can use them over the weekend.
Slept well except for the dream that I was a police driver in the Spanish police force!
Good days to you all.

sunseeker Sat 31-Aug-19 09:38:21

I'm another who hasn't been in the kitchen before - I have a feeling several other threads are going to become unpleasant - can I hide in here? I have a plentiful supply of coffee (I believed all the scare stories about Brexit and stockpiled!)

soop Sat 31-Aug-19 12:13:25

Welcome, sunseeker...may I offer you one of corner's scones. All first class ingredients. A wee bit over oven-baked. There's a mallet in the corner. wink

Talking Brexit. MacSporran has stockpiled loo rolls. Don't ask. hmm

Our first solo visit to the rambling, draughty, soul-less barns. I would give an awful lot for a few bales of hay. We have placed Rory's laundered, thick tartan rug in one of the empty crates and replenished the food and water bowls. When we next visit, we shall take some sturdy cardboard boxes that we've been storing in the loft. Cats love boxes! I didn't sleep too well last night. I am concerned for the cat family although, without too much help, they have survived thus far. There was no sign of them. The vet did say that they will lie low and recover from the trauma in their own time. Tomorrow, M, who lives nearby, will attempt to trap the remaining young cat. We've been asked to not put food out tomorrow. Oh dear! hmm All in a very good cause.

Mr and Mrs Baggs may drop by later this afternoon. They are en route to do a spot of bird watching somewhere in Kintyre. Please may the rain stop. It's one of the wildest days we've known since moving here.

Galen Sat 31-Aug-19 14:20:26

Ive just seen my first bullfinch¡
It was sitting in my pear tree pretending to be a partridge.
I’m now waiting for maids, leaping aristos swans etc, but alas no french hens due to Brexit

Charleygirl5 Sat 31-Aug-19 14:28:35

The daughter of one of my neighbours thinks I need feeding so she has just brought me a beautiful plateful of chicken curry cooked by their housekeeper or whatever she is called. She was very disappointed I was not going to sit down at 2,30pm to eat it. I told her I dine around 7.30pm and my food is prepared for tonight which amazed her.

It is very kind of her but those who know me know I need food like a hole in the head. It should be fine for tomorrow evening so I need not bother about that.
TOYA

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion