Gransnet forums

Chat

Why do I do that?

(55 Posts)
wildswan16 Sun 01-Sep-19 11:43:43

I used to have "days" when I was working, but since I retired I do everything as and when I feel like it. The only non-negotiable one is to defrost the freezer on 1 June and 1 December. Otherwise it would never get done.

Beechnut Sun 01-Sep-19 11:36:01

Did we have the same mother Brunette10 ?

tanith Sun 01-Sep-19 11:35:33

Yes, gym on mon,wed,thurs, big shop thurs, have dinner at Grandsons thurs, long walk with my daughter wed,and sun if she’s up to it.
Household stuff as and when it fits in round my plans.

Brunette10 Sun 01-Sep-19 11:32:37

I do to a certain extent sunseeker but not nearly as bad as my dear mum. We knew which day of the week it was by our tea she put in front. I could rattle the menu off for the days of the week but I shan't bore you all. However I like routines and think it's good for you to have them. My health visitor was amazed at my routines I had with DD when she was a baby and for me/us it worked and helped me through the days. I do have certain days for certain chores and don't suppose it'll ever change as long as it makes you happy. smile

sunseeker Sun 01-Sep-19 11:10:23

Changed the head on my toothbrush this morning. I noticed it needed changing on Wednesday but thought then I would wait until today (start of new week). Got me thinking, there are certain things I do on certain days

Bills paid on Mondays
Bedding changed on Fridays
Main shop done on Thursdays
Letter to Mum (lives in Australia) posted 20th of the month
Dusting and hoovering on Fridays (yes I am a bit of a slob where housekeeping is concerned!)

Anyone else have certain days for certain jobs?