Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(45 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Sep-19 06:09:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry with cloud over Brackley this morning, but cooler than of late.
Easy day , housework , maybe flowers to parents graves, and tidy up.
Mick

Urmstongran Mon 02-Sep-19 08:12:47

I hope your operation today is a great success. Best wishes from me. x

cornergran Mon 02-Sep-19 08:15:55

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. Catch up day here today with admin and ‘stuff’, several phone calls to make. Thinking of you today dragonfly, ouch sprout, hope your face settles very quickly and Monday is kind to everyone.

Auntieflo Mon 02-Sep-19 08:27:50

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
Dragonfly, my very best wishes to you for today flowers

It is a lovely bright and sunny morning here in Berks, just like our wedding day, which was 58 years ago today. I was wondering whether to go to the cinema, but really can't get enthused. We haven't been for ages, and DH would probably fall asleep!

Marydoll, hope your sore mouth gets better before you jet off to Rome.

Have a good day one and all.

Susan56 Mon 02-Sep-19 08:30:56

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is shining.
DH starts a six week course of physio this morning so I will spend the time that he is out cleaning the house.Exciting I know!
An ex colleague is coming over this evening so we will have takeaway Chinese and put the world to rights.
Wishing you all the best today dragonfly for a successful operation and also a speedy recovery?

Greyduster Mon 02-Sep-19 08:43:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sun is shining here. Just popped in to give Dragonfly my good wishes. Fingers are crossed for you. ??

Barmeyoldbat Mon 02-Sep-19 08:48:38

Good morning all. I slept so well last night, was in bed at 9.30 and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. must have been all the fresh air and cycle ride.

Lots to do today, iron my holiday clothes and start packing. Also going to the ladies only swim this morning but I hope it doesn't spoil my plans to get the rest of my jobs done. So have a lovely day everyone.

Anniebach Mon 02-Sep-19 08:51:54

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Grammaretto Mon 02-Sep-19 08:53:09

Dragonfly flowers thinking of you and your family. Xx

EllanVannin Mon 02-Sep-19 09:11:15

Good Morning All x
Woke to a sunny morning but how long it lasts is anyone's guess. You can feel the difference in the temperature of the air, though to be honest it's not that much colder a start than it was mid-summer !

Some cleaning, sorting and general faffing today. Windows could do with a wipe as well and might even risk a small wash weather permitting.

I'll be thinking of you, dragonfly, today----brave lady and also Sprout, take it easy after your tumble. Not too long to wait gillybob for your H's procedure and ease your sleeping problems.

Well it's nigh-on a year since I've been waiting for central-heating to be installed and to be honest a year has made a huge difference to my now " non-enthusiasm " at the disruption. I'm feeling I can't be doing with it since the hype has gone. Meter fitted last month ( outside ) then full-stop ! The present ancient heaters are as good as useless.

Ah well, it is moaning Monday. Hope all goes well for everyone today.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 02-Sep-19 09:27:20

Morning all from a bright and sunny South Notts.

A few chores today. May take the laptop to be looked at as it's playing up a bit, not serious so I've been putting it off.

Your tumble sounds awful sprout, we've all been there, take it easy.

Hope all is well with everyone.

vena11 Mon 02-Sep-19 09:27:30

Morning all from another sunny Bristol . Wishing you well Dragonfly it will be fine. I know. flowers

Legs55 Mon 02-Sep-19 09:45:45

Good morning all from sunny Devon, some cloud around but promise of a nice day. Heating on this morning though.

Off to Bank to draw money out to pay for MOT, not bad 2 new tyres they were 7 years old was all that was required. 2 years ago I had to have new wiper blades 5 years old . I love my little car, my lifelinesmile

Visit to see DD & DGSs before DGS1 goes back to School on Wednesday, Year 5! & DGS2 has started Nursery, he's not impressed that Mum leaves him but he did enjoy it last week, only 1 long morning & 1 afternoon.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 02-Sep-19 09:59:05

Good morning from east London, sun is shining and temperature is lifting (10C at 7 this morning). We decided to reclaim our front room about 7.30 this morning before the builders arrived to minimise us getting in the way as we were expecting the staircase to be finished off. The front room has segued into DS’ games room and, as he’s stayed at a friend’s last night, it was easy for us to ambush and take control. However, the focus today is on finishing off the kitchen and decorating the conservatory next to it so that had to be cleared as well. Tennis at lunchtime today and GD to collect later to take home. Dragonfly, all best wishes for today, my ‘line of beauty’ is now six and a half years old. For you and everyone else, hope your day goes well for you.

TyneAngel Mon 02-Sep-19 10:18:51

Good morning from a bright and slightly breezy Reading. Hope everyone slept better with the humidity gone. As G & S said 'I've got a little list' to work through today, great to tick them off one by one. Warmest wishes and a good luck hug, Dragonfly.

Hazeld Mon 02-Sep-19 10:34:19

Good luck dragonfly46. I hope all goes well for you x

GrannySomerset Mon 02-Sep-19 11:00:28

Driven to clear out very cluttered and shameful kitchen cupboards. Too many best before 2017 dates! At least I will have done something useful today.

RomyP Mon 02-Sep-19 11:18:49

Aye Marydoll it was a cold night in Central Scotland, think summer clothes will need to be put away soon, meantime cardigans are becoming useful again.

Like your friend, my daughter is great at finding bargains in charity shops, we take same clothes size but things fit us differently, sometimes she gets me bargains that don't sit nicely on her but that she knows will suit me. Lucky me. smile

Good morning all, have a good day. I'm feeling poorly still, DH looking after little grandson so I can stay in bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be easier.

Special thoughts to those needing them. X

Mapleleaf Mon 02-Sep-19 11:34:35

Good morning,
It's a bright and breezy day so far, with a bit if a nip in the breeze. Just got back from coffee morning and now thinking about going to the supermarket but might leave that until tomorrow.
Sorry to hear about your fall, Sprout. I know what you mean about your dignity, I felt the same when I fell the other week. Hope you soon feel more comfortable.
Hope you feel better soon, RomyP.

Cambia Mon 02-Sep-19 11:39:10

Poor you sprout. Hope you soon feel better x. Just started to rain in North Yorkshire but managed to get my daily walk in just before it began! Off to Northumberland for a couple of days this week to test our new camper van out, so something exciting to look forward to!