Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Wed 04-Sep-19 06:09:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey wet start here in Brackley this morning, feels cooler outside.
Quiet day in watch cycling on TV later , normally after lunch I have a snooze , hopefully 30 minutes.
Mick

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 04-Sep-19 07:36:55

Good morning from a rather damp east London, hope it dries up in time for tennis this morning. Enjoyed my walk yesterday on the North Downs, although possibly too much road walking to make up the distance. As school starts today, picking up GD later and it’s also back to gymnastics for her after. Have a good day.

NanKate Wed 04-Sep-19 07:40:51

Good morning Mick and All.

Grey and damp in South Bucks but should brighten up.

So pleased you are finally on your way Mary. Do the locals know you are coming back and ready to have a good old chat with everyone ? Have a fab time.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt NannyJan hope she gets some good treatment.

Preparing for a few days away from tomorrow.

NanKate Wed 04-Sep-19 07:43:41

Newquay have you tried Anthisan cream on your bites from Boots ? It works for me as I am bitten regularly.

Lins1066 Wed 04-Sep-19 07:58:49

Good Morning all from the S Welsh coast. Much needed rain last night. Showers are forecast but it is sunny and there is a bright blue sky now.
Physiotherapist was pleased with my progress yesterday. I still have some pain when walking so she gently manipulated the joints around the operation site. A review appointment in three weeks.
Nothing planned today which is nice. We like listening to the cricket on the radio. I still miss the dulcet tones of John Arlott, Jim Laker etc. My father loved cricket so always think of him especially at these times.
Best wishes to those who are poorly. Good Luck with your recovery dragonfly as has been said, there is nothing like your own bed is there?
Have a great holiday Marydoll and a good day to everyone else.

Alygran Wed 04-Sep-19 08:00:24

Good morning. Grey and damp in North Yorkshire.
Off to town this morning for a wander round the market and to get a new phone. Coffee with a friend this afternoon.
Good to hear from you Dragonfly. Enjoy your holiday Marydoll. Not been to Rome since my silver wedding. DGS and family called in on their cruise this year, it was DGS’s favourite calling point.
Have a good day everyone.

Harris27 Wed 04-Sep-19 08:02:00

Good morning all. Been away had lovely cruise then travelling home took ill. Had to go to hospital and was admitted with kidney stone hellish pain been in hospital four days and home now, full praise for nhs staff they were. Marvellous but I think seriously overworked! I’m so grateful to be out of pain and the thought I made it home and wasn’t I’ll on the ship makes me think ill have a staycation next Year!

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 08:05:27

Oh crikey Harris I am so sorry . I remember you mentioning your kidney stone and being admitted to hospital the other day. I hope you are feeling a lot better now that you are home . Have they got rid of the stone or is is still lurking ?

flowers to you too and best wishes for a speedy recovery .

Brunette10 Wed 04-Sep-19 08:07:53

Harris27, so sorry you had such dreadful ending to your cruise not much fun. Good that you are all better now and home safely. Your experience will subside though, get and book next year's cruise wink flowers

nonnasusie Wed 04-Sep-19 08:15:09

Good morning from Cornwall where the sun is shining at the moment. Not sure how warm it is as i am still in bed having a cuppa. Arrived here yesterday after 2 long days in the car traveling! Hope all have a good day and have a lovely holiday Marydoll.

Susan56 Wed 04-Sep-19 08:20:41

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is shining .
We are off to Stafford today to visit DD2,SIL and little B.Our daughter has an appointment this afternoon so we will look after B but first we are going for a walk at Shugborough which is only about five minutes from their house.
Our DGD starts preschool today,an exciting but emotional day.We have looked after her several days a week with sleepovers since my daughter went back to work so a big change for all of us.She is still going to stay one night a week.
Gilly,I remember one pharmacy I worked in where all female staff had to take turns cleaning the toilets?not pleasant,you’ll definitely need your clothes peg.Sending you??for later.
Marydoll, so happy you are going to Rome??have a wonderful time.
Dragonfly,Harris and all who are poorly.Rest,recuperate and wishing you all a speedy recovery.

ninathenana Wed 04-Sep-19 08:23:25

Morning all.
Raining steadily in Kent and has been for a while.
No work for DH due to the rain which means I don't need to go out until I get my hair cut this afternoon.

Urmstongran Wed 04-Sep-19 08:29:19

Good morning everyone from a beautifully sunny Malaga. The party we went to was great and we left around midnight and got a taxi back up.

Our lovely neighbours from Yorkshire were arriving last night. They are such a nice couple. He is 82y and she is 77y. Sadly she has had MS these last 10y but I’ve never heard her complain. We shall enjoy catching up with them (over a gin & tonic this evening, most probably!).

You’ll be on your way to Rome by now Marydoll with some anxiety but a lot of excitement! Hope you have a wonderful time.

Your post made me laugh gillybob - you sound more upbeat this morning (even though you’ll be cleaning the loos later!). That’s good.

Hopefully Wednesday will be good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Anniebach Wed 04-Sep-19 08:54:38

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Barmeyoldbat Wed 04-Sep-19 08:55:00

Good morning one and all, bright and sunny here in N Somerset after a night of rain. Slept well, I usually do, and today is going to be spent finishing my packing for my week in Holland starting tomorrow. Also need to go to the library to print out where we are going and all our booking details as our printer gave up on us
We bought a new yesterday but its not fully working yesterday.

Then a spot of lunch somewhere.

Mapleleaf Wed 04-Sep-19 09:06:37

Good morning from a damp, breezy and cool South Yorkshire.
Enjoy your holiday in Rome, Marydoll - you will certainly be ready for it! ?
Glad you are home from hospital, dragonfly and feeling chipper - good to hear.
Oh, Harris, that sounds painful. I hope they sorted you out in hospital.
I’ve got to wait around this morning for the washing machine repair man to call and hopefully fix my machine. I put a load of washing in yesterday and the door lock is jammed so I can’t get my washing out. So annoying, as yesterday was a great drying day outside, whereas today is not. I’ve a feeling a new machine will be on the cards. You don’t realise how much you rely on them until they break down, do you?
Well, gillybob, I hope you’ve managed to clean the loos without needing a mask! It sounds a gross job. Your dream made me smile, though. ?

GabriellaG54 Wed 04-Sep-19 09:24:44

Lins1066

Talking about cricket. I have 4 BBC tapes of 4 cricket matches with commentary by John Arlott.
Bought them for an 'old boy' who was fond of the game but unable to see tv and very ill.
He died before I was able to give them to him. sad

Auntieflo Wed 04-Sep-19 09:34:39

Good morning Michael, Annie and all others.
It started of wet and grey here, but the sun has decided to come out, so looking much better now.
Dragonfly, glad to hear you are home, and feeling chipper!
? Gillybob, hope you didn't need a peg.
To go off piste a moment, did you see last night's Bake Off? Their task was to make Fig Rolls, but watching the filling was a bit off putting ? , especially with the talk of loo cleaning and somebody's dream upthread.
We have to wait in for the TV repair man to come. Our TV randomly switches itself off every now and again. It is 4 years old, and luckily I found the 6 year guarantee, filed away.
If he comes early enough, we will go out somewhere, maybe.
Marydoll, enjoy your holiday.
Have a good day one and all.

EllanVannin Wed 04-Sep-19 09:38:49

Good Morning All x
A bit like April here with its coolness, sunshine and intermittent heavy showers----breezy too as usual.

You will enjoy your longed-for holiday Marydoll, I love Italy.
Good to hear you're feeling okay Dragonfly and glad that stone is out Harris, that'll be a relief to say the least.

Gillybob----what can I say ? The " muck for luck " doesn't ring true does it ? ( sigh ) If only,eh ? I was often in the thick of it at work, but they were poorly people.

Anyway, those at home and abroad, enjoy your day and stay well.

vena11 Wed 04-Sep-19 09:39:23

Morning all, lovely sun at the moment in Bristol .

Late start foe me this morning overslept, I better not do that tomorrow as back to the early mornings for the school run need to be at their house by 7.30.

Glad you are home dragonfly take it easy and everyone else who are feeling poorly.

Enjoy Rome Marydoll I was there last year on my second visit , love it there.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 04-Sep-19 09:44:38

Good morning all. Been out and done lots of chores, now coffee time. marydoll so glad you are en route to Rome. Going to Mass in St Peters Square is one of my life time highlights.
dragonfly wishing you well.
Off to get out the winter clothes box as it is sooo cold here in north Scotland today. Have the best day you can everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 04-Sep-19 09:46:48

Morning all from a damp South Notts.

A 'do as you please' day today.

Everywhere round here has round out of Anthisan, I'm afraid so it's down to willpower not to scratch.

Hope all is well with everyone.

MawB Wed 04-Sep-19 09:53:01

I think it was warmer in April EllanVannin - in fact it was warmer in February!

Legs55 Wed 04-Sep-19 10:18:55

Good morning all from sunny(ish) Devon, rain overnight & there are clouds around.

Probably a day spent doing housework today, if sun stays out then a bit of gardening later.

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 10:27:51

Yes well the loos are cleaned for another six months month thank goodness. A peg was very much needed ! Why are men such bl**dy scruffs (well some men anyway) .

I feel like I need to have a shower in neat bleach now but we have visitors due in soon. One of the visitors is a pompous know it all git, so I shall happily shake his hand thinking "if only you knew where this hand was an hour ago" grin

Feelingmyage55 Wed 04-Sep-19 10:31:36

gillybob. Maybe you need a laminated sign in the loos. You could start a thread for suggestions on what to print!