Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Thu 05-Sep-19 06:11:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
My usual trip out to Bicester and Buckingham , and then a rush when I return for a Ear Test appointment at my surgery , its a check as I would like my ears syringed .
Mick

EllanVannin Thu 05-Sep-19 09:47:56

Good Morning All x
Still windy here on the coast but it's keeping the rain clouds away. Wind is getting rather keen too ! Winter draws on.

Will I ever learn not to munch fig biscuits as though there's no tomorrow ?? I knew I'd pay for it ! Better than Dyno-Rod.

If the initial start to your holiday didn't test your strength Marydoll, nothing will, so enjoy your stay. Anyone else away or going away, enjoy yourselves and make the most of the warmth.

Nothing much in store for today apart from a bit of tidying up and putting things in cupboards to give some semblance of order to the place----until you open them.

Those who are under the weather I hope things improve and to everyone, enjoy your day.

Mapleleaf Thu 05-Sep-19 09:24:33

Good morning.
It's bright and cheerful here this morning, though still chilly. It doesn't look as breezy as yesterday, either.
Welcome to the thread Moggie and Emma49.
Congratulations to you and your DH Vena11 ??.
Glad to hear you arrived safely in Rome, Marydoll. Enjoy your well deserved holiday.
To all who are unwell, I hope you soon feel better.
Those of you still on holiday, have a lovely time.
I'm pleased to report that my washing machine is fixed and the washing safely retrieved! I had visions of having to buy a new machine, but hopefully this one will keep going a bit longer now. Apparently the brushes had worn!
Off to sort out some clothes for packing now, a job I don't like as I can never decide what to pack and always take far too much, or forget something I wish I had packed. Hey ho, there's bigger things to worry about, I know.
Hope everyone has a nice day.

Harris27 Thu 05-Sep-19 09:23:10

Sorry meant to wish marydoll a lovely holiday enjoy every minute!

Harris27 Thu 05-Sep-19 09:21:55

Good morning all after a better nights sleep. Waking every two hours with the feeling to wee. It’s getting a bit easier with the stent and fingers crossed pain has eased just discomfort. Will have to have another option in 4/6 weeks but will deal with that then, still feel a bit off balance probably all the morphine etc coming down! Thank you gillybob for your concern. Love your posts as have grandchildren myself and I’m amazed at all your efforts and juggling! You inspire ! Well have a good day all attempting to get suitcases emptied and washed from last weekend return nightmare!! Wish I had a house godmother at the moment!

Auntieflo Thu 05-Sep-19 09:14:36

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
It is brightening up here, after rain at some time earlier.
I turned the heating on this morning, to have warm towels in the bathroom, but went round and turned off all the other radiators.
DH thinks I am mad, but I like warm towels, so there.
Happy anniversary Venall, we have just had our 58th, gulp!
Gillybob, well done on surviving the visitation, and the loo clean. Hope your DH will manage until his appointment comes around.
Marydoll, enjoy your much looked forward to holiday, and let the hotel spoil you, as you are a much valued guest.
Yesterday, out TV was taken away, as the chap said the screen had gone. It kept losing the picture, then coming back. So we are now waiting to see what will be offered, as it was still under guarantee.
We also Freecycled a scaffolding board, that had been in the garage for years. It was amazing how many replies we had.
I am now going to try my luck with a very shabby chic pair of old wooden step ladders, paint splashes, not optional.
BlueSapphire has just reminded me that we have a can of engine oil, so maybe that could be re-homed as well.
Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Thu 05-Sep-19 08:54:39

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Grammaretto Thu 05-Sep-19 08:45:25

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. At least it's not raining yet.
The trouble with being late up is there are so many stories to read on here.

I think we should have a reader to read me your good mornings like an audio book while I eat my porridge. I'll bet some techie clever cloggs could organise it.

Wonderful Marydoll that you made it. I can feel your airport pain.
We had Italian, tagliatelli and pesto, in your honour last night including wine.

Long overdue haircut this morning and the tree surgeon to quote for garden hacking.

Welcome Moggie and congratulations Venall!

Hope you are recovering well Dragonfly and being looked after.

Newquay Thu 05-Sep-19 08:36:58

Good morning all from a sunny Staffordshire. Welcome newcomers and Happy Anniversary and happy holidays too.
Just had a shock-have had bathroom converted to walk-in shower room (needs must and all that) which entailed knocking through to separate toilet too. Estimate was £3,200-bill has arrived £5,700! Gulp! Builder is neighbour too so will have to tread carefully looking through it!

kittylester Thu 05-Sep-19 08:23:45

A very late good morning all from a sunny North Leicestershire.

We have the wondrous Wolfie today - wish us luck.

Well done on surviving the loos, gilly. Enjoy, marydoll, you deserve it.

Welcome newcomers and happy anniversary to MrandMrsvenall .

Take it easy dragonfly.

Happy days to you all.

cornergran Thu 05-Sep-19 08:11:58

Morning Mick, morning All. Blue sky over our corner of Somerset. Some phone calls to make and admin to do then hope to get out for a walk and enjoy the promised sunshine. Delighted you made it marydoll, enjoy every second. Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Venall. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Alygran Thu 05-Sep-19 08:06:48

Good morning. It’s bright sunshine here in North Yorkshire this morning but I think it may be a little chilly.
Marydoll enjoy Rome. So pleased you made it. Venal1 happy anniversary. Hello new posters.
Tip run for me this morning. I cut a flowering currant down and it won’t all go in the bin! Visiting a relative this afternoon who has some bad news about her foot. She has been having operations and treatment for 15 years so it looks like the end of the road.
Hope everyone has a good day.

BlueSapphire Thu 05-Sep-19 08:02:42

Good morning everyone from a bright Northampton. First load of washing is in. Have been awake since 4am, so got up at 5, had a cup of tea, read and dozed.

The simple act of changing colour scheme in one bedroom yesterday ended up in a mass swap over of furniture between bedrooms! Looks better, to my mind.

Got more stuff into the skip yesterday, almost done now. Then my window cleaner knocked and asked if he could have a few things out of the skip. He ended up taking a lot of old tools off my hands, plus half empty containers of oil, and fence paint, which were in the garage. Also an old coffee table which he hopes to renovate, and a broken paper shredder. He also took old chargers and an array of batteries, also an old car battery. Don't know what his poor wife will say when she sees that lot! Ah well, I'm just glad that stuff will be used. Found a load of late DH's old computer books in the study, over 20 years old, way out of date, so I think they can go.

Coffee at a neighbours this morning, then hope to get to ballet class this afternoon.

Happy anniversary to vena11, and hope you have a wonderful holiday Marydoll! Welcome to our newcomers and have a good day everyone.

Emma49 Thu 05-Sep-19 07:49:50

Good morning from an overcast NI. This is also my first post on this thread. Pilates class this morning and meeting friends for dinner tonight so not much cooking today. Happy anniversary Venall. Enjoy your holiday Marydoll.
Have a good day everyone.

Lins1066 Thu 05-Sep-19 07:45:25

Good Morning all and welcome Moggie.
It is a bright and sunny start on the S Welsh coast.
DH going to the local NT this morning to work on the archive.
Our cleaner is coming this morning, she has been on holiday with her family.
Happy Anniversary venal ?

Urmstongran Thu 05-Sep-19 07:45:07

Good morning everyone from Malaga. The sun’s not long been up (sunrise only half an hour ago). We too had RAIN yesterday lunchtime Pantsglas! It chucked it down for about half an hour.... and then the sun came back out and it was soon dry again.

No particular plans today. I’ve given up on the daily swim lark. I’m rubbish at commitment!

Great to hear you (finally) arrived in Rome Marydoll I bet you were absolutely shattered!

Happy anniversary venal1 hope you enjoy your day.

Hi to moggie and welcome on board Mick’s friendly place. Good luck with the ear syringing Mick!

Hope Thursday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none. x

dragonfly46 Thu 05-Sep-19 07:43:45

gilly so sorry to hear your DH is still suffering but as you say it is nearly weekend.

ninathenana Thu 05-Sep-19 07:43:40

Good morning all.

Sunny start in Kent. Our street will have no power for four hours today so we have scheduled a tip run, a trip to the DIY store, the garden centre and a coffee somewhere. If there is no power after that, I won't care.
Have a good day.

gillybob Thu 05-Sep-19 07:42:37

Oops meant to ask Marydoll ...”when in Rome” just exactly what is it “that the Romans do?” wink

NannyJan53 Thu 05-Sep-19 07:41:57

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country, although it obviously rained during the night.

It was a gloriously sunny day yesterday. Skyped with my Niece in Australia for well over an hour. Then popped to Codsall to collect the pottery figures my 2 DGD's had painted a couple of weeks ago. Then over to DD's to meet my DGD after her first day at Secondary school. She seemed very happy!

Partner is working from home today, so will have to be inobtrusive smile I have an U3A monthly meeting this afternoon.

So pleased you are finally in your 'second home' Marydoll,
what a journey though! I have been there once, but would love to go again.

Welcome to the thread moggie

Happy anniversary venall hope you have a lovely day together.

Enjoy your day everyone.

dragonfly46 Thu 05-Sep-19 07:41:28

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Happy Anniversary Vena and welcome moggie. So pleased you got to Rome marydoll I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Routine visit to the hospital to have the wound checked today. Then more rest! Very boring - I hate doing nothing.

gillybob Thu 05-Sep-19 07:40:55

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dry and bright start. There is a definite chill in the air this morning though . Not long before the heating will be going on .

Well after a hectic day of loo cleaning, meeting and greeting visitors , tea and coffee making and generally being nice (not to mention having to smile....which almost hurt) we are back to normal . They were happy with what we have done so far so there will be a slight feeling of relief in “that place” today....not that that makes me any keener to go. But at least it’s Thursday which is technically Friday Eve so not too bad.

I am sooooo happy for you that you made it to your beloved Rome Marydoll what a lovely greeting they arranged for you. Your and DH must be VIP guests by now ! I hope you have the best time, you deserve it . smile

A warm welcome to the Gransnet Good Morning thread Moggie it’s lovely to have new posters joining this gentle kind thread. I’m sorry you DH wasn’t well during the night (I know only too well what it’s like when you don’t get your sleep) hope he’s feeling better this morning though.

Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Vena11 I hope you enjoy your celebration meal tonight flowers

To Dragonfly I hope you are starting to feel much better now and to Harris27 too I hope that nasty kidney stone isn’t giving you any trouble at the minute.

Well DH’s appointment with the consultant is on Tuesday and can’t come soon enough. Poor man is really suffering . I hope he can have his operation sooner rather than later.

To those on holiday I hope you continue to have a lovely time and to those of us just going about our normal day to day lives, I hope we have the best day we can.
Have a good Thursday all x

Susan56 Thu 05-Sep-19 07:33:01

Good morning from a rather dull Staffordshire.We stayed at our daughters last night and today we are taking our little grandson to CBeebies land?
Wishing you the best holiday Marydoll,what a lovely welcome to your hotel.
Dragonfly,hope you had another comfortable night.
Welcome moggie and happy anniversary to venall and Mr venall??
Have a good day everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 05-Sep-19 07:28:54

Good morning from east London, blue sky and sun outside but noticeably cooler. Time to get moving before the builders arrive; as they’re still working on the kitchen and conservatory, I need to move stuff out of there and into our front room where the microwave, kettle and toaster currently reside. Off to help at food bank this morning then ‘free’ til choir this evening but lots of words to print off as it’s start of a new year. (DP has just arrived in a panic as I haven’t done anything yet). Have a good day.

Beechnut Thu 05-Sep-19 07:23:42

Good Morning all.
I have woken late to a sunny day on Severnside.
Happy Anniversary vena11 and I’m pleased to hear you’ve arrived Marydoll. Enjoy your Rome time.
Yesterday afternoon I went to see a friend of DH. He has had a few health issues and it was nice to catch up.
Today I’m off to my craft class.

Welcome moggie I hope you will have a good day along with the rest of us ?

Bellasnana Thu 05-Sep-19 07:14:20

Marydoll, so sorry your journey was such an endurance test, but glad you made it and hope you enjoy every moment of your stay in the Eternal City.

I love Rome as well, it’s only an hour’s flight from Malta, so DH and myself used to spend many happy holidays there.
I have been back once since he died, which was very hard, but I still love it and, like you, wish I had been born Italian.

Buon divertimento!??