Gransnet forums

Chat

Top of the news

(11 Posts)
craftyone Thu 05-Sep-19 13:54:18

oh I like that headline and the lovely family pictures, nice to see a real family, to take our minds off the damage caused by the whingers

gillybob Thu 05-Sep-19 13:51:21

She's hardly a "poor little girl" by any stretch of the imagination and I don't just mean in a financial sense either.

MissAdventure Thu 05-Sep-19 13:45:54

In other news, a crisp packet blew into someone's garden earlier today...

EllanVannin Thu 05-Sep-19 12:58:41

I was thinking that too Annie, but I'm sure all the teachers will be very well aware of that.

I knew a woman who taught a few of the now much older Royals. Her uncle was an actor and lived near Elstree studio's at the time.
I helped nurse the woman's father years ago too.

Anniebach Thu 05-Sep-19 11:34:54

Poor little girl, she will have to learn at a young age to beware of social climbers.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 05-Sep-19 11:29:25

I have taken my C to their private school still in my PJ's with a screaming baby in car seat, kicked them out at gate and headed to nearest lay-by to breast feed the baby!!

Rushed back home for shower and in work only 30minutes late - eat, sleep, repeat!!

Calendargirl Thu 05-Sep-19 11:11:28

Well, of course Kate is going to look glamorous as she steps out with Charlotte et al. She’s hardly going to be photographed in baggy leggings and egg stained jumper with greasy hair. It’s not just the royals who send their children to posh private schools, and if we as tax payers are stumping up for it, that won’t change. My mum used to say there has always been the haves and have nots, and that is life whether we agree with it or not.

gillybob Thu 05-Sep-19 11:00:30

I am breathing normally again annsixty .and feeling all warm and fuzzy, safe in the knowledge that little Charlotte is safely installed in her £19,000 per year (or term???) school. Tax payers money which I am sure is being very well spent. smile

annsixty Thu 05-Sep-19 10:38:17

Oh so sorry gilly put it to the back of your mind please just for me.

gillybob Thu 05-Sep-19 10:35:57

Well hold the bleedin' front page. CHILD STARTS SCHOOL !

Thousands of children have started school this week, 99% of which will be going to cash strapped state schools unlike these over privileged nobodies . Nothing whatsoever against this little girl but really is this news?

Unlike most young mums K would not have been running around like a headless chicken since just after 6 am getting school clothes sorted, breakfasts made, loading the washing machine etc. all before dashing off to work or to care for an elderly parent or whatever.

You have got me all wound up now annsixty grin

annsixty Thu 05-Sep-19 10:30:27

The country is going to hell in a handcart, we don’t know what the next few weeks will bring.
Top of the news on Google?
Princess Charlotte has started school.
I wonder from the photographs what time The Duchess had to be up to arrive looking like that at the school gate.
This time around it will be the mummies of the girls saying to their daughters, make sure you become her best friend.