Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Fri 06-Sep-19 06:12:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking dull at the moment but its dry here in Brackley.
After yesterdays experience of not getting emails.
Hearing is OK , will have a syringe in 2 weeks time, but need to loosen the ear wax with olive oil.
Today usual shop for basics plus watch Vuelta this afternoon.
Mick

Legs55 Fri 06-Sep-19 11:50:04

Good morning all from a very windy Devon, sun is trying to break through finally but lots of cloud around.

At least today I did receive my email from GN, yesterday it didn't arrive until after 11pm. I had no emails until after 3pm & there was a gap from one sent at 7.07 one sent at 14.14, wonder where the one's inbetween vanished to?confused. Good old technologyhmm

Going to pop out for a bit of shopping then back for Lunch, housework or maybe out in the garden if it stays fine. Ironing to do but that can wait, I hate ironing/housework/cleaning oven/ cleaning fridge & freezerblush

gillybob Fri 06-Sep-19 10:04:03

A late good morning to all those who came after me and thank you all so much for your Friday good wishes . I am typing with a silly grin on my face (the one I keep especially for Fridays) .

I am another Freecycler Auntieflo . I haven’t taken anything (yet) but have offered heaps of stuff which is much better than taking it to the tip. Most recently I have given away loads of old caravan stuff we had, building materials left over from doing DD’s garden, CD’s, DVD’s, ornaments, 2 radios and crikey knows what else.

Auntieflo Fri 06-Sep-19 09:33:52

Morning Michael, Annie and all.
There's a load of washing in, and I am finishing my breakfast.
We had a lovely lunch out yesterday, Seafood Linguine, hence the washing! I managed to drip a tiny bit of sauce on my 'new' jumper, and DH dropped a piece of pasta on his trousers.
Marydoll, please bring more jars of clams back.
I love Spaghetti Vongole ?. Glad you are enjoying your beloved Rome.
We have another Freecycler coming this morning, to collect half a can of engine oil. I thought it might be OK for oiling tools etc, but he reckons it will be alright for his old Mini.
Dragonfly, nice to hear you are being cosseted by your family.
Oh, and Alygran, I feel excited for you. We have a new car on order, and its on it's journey to the showroom as we speak. So we should take delivery early October. ?
Gillybob, got that Friday feeling? Enjoy.
Shopping for me later on, then an MRI scan tomorrow.
Have a good day one and all.

vena11 Fri 06-Sep-19 09:28:00

Good morning from a dull Bristol its to rain later so I am going to leave the washing until tomorrow as they said the sun is to come back tomorrow .

Glad you are enjoying your holiday Marydoll.

Bluesaffhire you will love the lakes.

Dragonfly so nice to have your family around when you are recuperating its an emotional time and takes time.

Thanks everyone for your congratulation comments yesterday ,we had a lovely meal out and a few glasses of wine to celebrate.

I hope everyone has a lovely day .

Anniebach Fri 06-Sep-19 09:01:18

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Bellasnana Fri 06-Sep-19 09:01:11

Good morning everyone. It’s a bright day here in Malta although we had quite a rain storm yesterday. It has cleared the air a bit, but temperature still 30°C during the day.

Meeting a friend for coffee this morning. She’s lovely and always manages to cheer me up. Not that I’m a misery, but some days are harder than others as we all know.

Excuse me for not mentioning everyone by name, but I’ve left it a bit late and need to get a move on.

Have a good day all.☀️

Harris27 Fri 06-Sep-19 09:00:23

Good morning all from a dull ne. Still off work . Didn’t think I’d miss work so much?missin.g my children.They will all have returned and hopefully missing me!mind still a bit sore plenty of baths and have return appointment for a fortnight where they will advise op 2. Long day ahead and realise how much I need people to talk to! Hubby been busy working this week so looking forward to family’s weekend! Thank goodness it’s friday gillybob for you x

moggie Fri 06-Sep-19 08:52:23

Good morning Mick & all, grey start in Nottingham & bit chilly. Out this evening for end of Summer BBQ with work colleagues I will wrap up well!
Glad all on holiday enjoying yourselves smile & weather good.
Sorry to hear your DH had a bad night Gillybob I hope all not well or recovering feel better soon
It’s Friday Gillybob smile

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 06-Sep-19 08:52:07

Morning all from an overcast South Notts.

Puss is off his food again so there'll be another visit to the vet soon if he doesn't improve.

Visiting sister later for our usual chinwag.

Good to hear you're in Rome Marydoll - it's been long anticipated.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Alygran Fri 06-Sep-19 08:42:38

Good morning from a wet and grey North Yorkshire. Lovely to hear the tales of holidays and sunshine. I have only been home a week but it feels much longer. Welcome home Greyduster nice to see you. Glad you are being looked after Dragonfly.
Making tea at a parents of special children meet up this morning. Will be good to hear their summer stories. Going to see my new car this afternoon. It was delivered to the showroom yesterday. Hope to have it on the road next week.
Hope everyone has a good day

Pantglas1 Fri 06-Sep-19 08:30:54

Good morning everyone from sunny Spain where I got a certificate after our wine tasting workshop last night and a free bottle of frizzante! And all for €3 a ticket!

Lovely to hear that Marydoll is enjoying the long awaited trip to Rome and dragonfly is recuperating- hope everyone has a lovely weekend whether on holiday or with health issues.

Urmstongran Fri 06-Sep-19 08:22:32

X posts with you gillybob that cartoon makes me smile every week!

Susan56 Fri 06-Sep-19 08:21:14

Good morning from Shropshire.A dull start and rain promised for later.
A catching up day at home today then picking DGD up from preschool for the first time.She has enjoyed the first couple of days at school so let’s hope it continues.
Rome sounds as good as ever Marydoll.Keep enjoying and relaxing.
BlueSapphire,I’m sure you will love the Italian lakes.We have been a few times and it has never disappointed.
Dragonfly,glad your recovery is going well surrounded by your loving family.
Have a good day everyone and happy Friday gilly??

Greyduster Fri 06-Sep-19 08:20:36

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dull and damp in South Yorkshire. Back in the old routine having fulfilled family commitments. A horrible journey home from Wales yesterday, so a gentle day today. Have a good day folks.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 06-Sep-19 08:19:32

Good morning from east London, bit cloudy and cool, hovering between short sleeves or vest for tennis as if might just warm up before I go to tennis (ah, the aggravations of life). Prescription to pick up before I go to the courts and school run this afternoon. At some point, I’m to order DD’s new sofa; we picked one yesterday then realised we hadn’t measured up correctly, so had to go back to hers to check. She will now be getting a standard rather than a large. (I’ve never had to think about buying a sofa so far, the only one I have, we sat on, liked it, bought it). Have a good day.

Urmstongran Fri 06-Sep-19 08:19:02

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s warm again. We don’t have air con but the ceiling fan on all night above our beds. (I’d hate a double bed in this heat ?).

Thinking just the gardens and eat in tonight. We sat in the gardens till 8pm last night then went out for a Chinese - loved the broccoli and garlic side dish with my Singapore noodles.

So glad your son is over dragonfly after your op. What a lovely surprise. Hope all goes well now for you going forward.

Marydoll I’ve never been to Rome and I’m enjoying your daily blog about your experiences very much. I love the detail you post - it’s so friendly and inclusive. I feel as though I’m there with you! All good wishes for your continued good health.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

gillybob Fri 06-Sep-19 08:18:10

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a cloudy start to the day with rain forecast later this morning.

Well I made it through to Friday by the skin of my teeth although it was touch and go early on in the week wink

Another horrible night for DH so neither of us have had a great deal of sleep (I hate to wish my precious weekend over but roll on Tuesday when he sees the consultant) .

I’m so pleased you are having a lovely holiday in Rome Marydoll how wonderful it sounds. I can almost taste your Spaghetti Vongole. Delicious ?. We are quite fortunate to have a fantastic fresh fish shop just up the coast that sells just about every weird and wonderful thing you could imagine. For a treat (and jeez it is a treat because it’s quite expensive) we sometimes buy clams, mussels, prawns etc. and make a Frutti di Mare with Saffron Fregola which is absolutely yummy.

I bet seeing your son really cheered you up and lifted your spirits last night dragonfly . Just what the doctor ordered eh? smile

Enjoy your holiday and theatre trip NanKate and your concert Kitty Thank you for your Friday good wishes Lins Dragonfly and NannyJan, I’m off to “that place” in about 15 minutes and will spend my morning watching the clock as usual. Then taking my dad for his usual Friday shop. Why is it I never seem to get what I want when I am with him? hmm

Have a good Friday everyone whether you have plans or not.

Gilly x

dragonfly46 Fri 06-Sep-19 08:16:05

Bluesapphire the Italian lakes are stunning especially Lake Garda.

Grammaretto Fri 06-Sep-19 08:13:36

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Looking murky but the forecast isn't bad.

Yoga today after finding jobs for our new volunteer who has brought delicious German bread and beer. He has already cut the grass.

Rome sounds terrific Marydoll you would be a fab tour guide.
How lovely for you Dragonfly to be cared for at this time.

BlueSapphire Fri 06-Sep-19 08:06:31

Good morning all; it's grey and overcast in Northampton today, but dry.
A trip to Sainsbury's and M&S Food this morning for coffee and top up shop. Back home to put a large chicken curry in the slow cooker; should get a meal out of it for tonight and a couple for the freezer.
School run this afternoon, but only one DGD to pick up, as the eldest is now at big school and she is being allowed to walk home and let herself in. Which makes sense as the new school is only a few minutes away from from her home.
Feeling excited as I booked myself a spring holiday in the Italian Lakes yesterday, somewhere I've never been!
Hope those on holiday now are having a wonderful time, and that Friday is good to all.

EllanVannin Fri 06-Sep-19 08:06:14

Good Morning All x
Grey, dark and cold this morning, a taste of what's to come. That breeze is still with us, so the tights will have to come out of the mothballs.

Good to learn that you're on the mend Dragonfly. Nothing like the warmth of the family for spurring you on.

Marydoll's holiday is also doing the trick with the warmth to go with it, keep on enjoying.

I fancy making some jam tarts today for a change to the usual weekend sponge cake. I just don't like bought cakes at all.
Could do with washing as well but it's not so promising so it can wait until tomorrow.

Gillybob's favourite day ! I'm beginning to get excited for her because I know how it feels smile
To everyone else at home and abroad enjoy the day and take care.

ninathenana Fri 06-Sep-19 08:01:14

Morning all.
Bright but not actually sunny in Kent.
Good luck with the M20 topsy I try to avoid it.
Usual food shop and coffee, nothing exciting.
I hope everyone on holiday has a fabulous time

harrigran Fri 06-Sep-19 07:58:46

Good morning from an overcast but dry NE.
DH already has the washer on so it is a stay at home day.
I spent all day yesterday fiddling with my computer and tablet not realising there was a problem with e-mails, wasted hours.
Have a lovely holiday Marydoll and everyone having a break.

Brunette10 Fri 06-Sep-19 07:57:52

Good Morning from Fife, it's been raining through the night and now trying to dry up with a little hint of sun shining through. Everyone seems to be in good fettle this morning which is lovely. For those on holiday and short-breaks glad to hear you are all having a good time. Dragonfly great to hear you are in good form and being looked after well, it makes such a difference. Gilly it's Friday your favourite day of the week. I understand wink I wish everyone a pleasant day.

NannyJan53 Fri 06-Sep-19 07:34:39

Sorry Dragonfly I hope you are recovering well, and it is so good to hear you are being surrounded by loving family members flowers