Gransnet forums

Chat

Stating the bleeding obvious ?

(27 Posts)
kathsue Fri 06-Sep-19 17:38:53

Bought a new nailbrush this morning. The label on it states This Superdrug nailbrush is ideal for cleaning under and around the nails.
So what else did they think I would do with it?

M0nica Fri 06-Sep-19 17:41:34

Brush your hair? Scrub potatoes (and I have done that) [grin}

phoenix Fri 06-Sep-19 17:44:18

Erm, scrub potatoes or other veg? Clean grouting? Scrub Oliver Sprouts chin, because it gets grubby and he likes being scrubbed? (Sorry, that last one no doubt only applies in this household blush

Alternatively, if he glued it to a stick, it might save John Bishop a bit of time when brushing his teeth grin

PamelaJ1 Fri 06-Sep-19 19:09:07

I use one for cleaning my pedicure/ manicure instruments.
Still a nail connection I suppose ?

Charleygirl5 Fri 06-Sep-19 19:13:30

Definitely good for cleaning grouting.

lemongrove Fri 06-Sep-19 19:16:43

Amazed it didn’t say ( like my recent hotel soap) this product is not edible.

annep1 Fri 06-Sep-19 19:18:32

Scrub my art palette.

vena11 Fri 06-Sep-19 19:42:58

I used one for cleaning the fish tank , thankfully I done have a fish tank any more, I hated cleaning it

Maggiemaybe Fri 06-Sep-19 20:11:05

I bought a lip liner in Boots recently. The till assistant told me helpfully that there was another thing they were useful for, that I might not know about. Then went on to say that you could actually outline your lips with it before applying lipstick.

I didn't dare ask her what the primary purpose of a lip liner was, but I'm still trying to puzzle it out.

quizqueen Fri 06-Sep-19 20:15:45

I use a nail brush to scrub at stains on clothes before they are washed; very rarely do I use it for cleaning my nails. I wash my hair daily so that gets my nails clean especially after gardening.

GabriellaG54 Fri 06-Sep-19 20:37:34

I clean my faux suede boots with a nail brush which is only used for that purpose and I have one which is used for cleaning my combs and hairbrushes.
My nails are cleaned with an orange stick which I buy by the 100 from Amazon. They come in useful for so many things where awkward corners are hard to reach. grin

Bathsheba Fri 06-Sep-19 20:41:45

I use one for scrubbing my soap dish when it gets gunked up.

lemongrove Fri 06-Sep-19 21:02:24

Oh yes, I do that too.

Rememberme51 Fri 06-Sep-19 21:23:03

Hi guess I’ve just signed up but don’t have a clue how to start can anyone help

Evie64 Fri 06-Sep-19 22:01:24

Ha ha! Yes, all of those above

agnurse Fri 06-Sep-19 22:25:07

Back in the day when they used to serve peanuts on planes, the packets actually had instructions, namely, "Open bag, eat nuts". A fellow student in high school gave his take on patently obvious instructions. For that one, he said, "Oh, I thought you were supposed to eat the bag too".

It's scary how much they figure they need to think for people. That said, I have seen a bumper sticker I think is pretty accurate. It reads, "Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot".

MissAdventure Fri 06-Sep-19 22:28:58

Hello rememberme51

There isn't too much to do to start - just join in the conversations.
Unless you want to make a new thread?

I'll explain that, if you do want to. (Or hopefully someone who's better at explaining will!) smile

Evie64 Fri 06-Sep-19 22:32:32

Stating the obvious = "May contain nuts" on a packet of dry roasted peanuts. No! Really!

BradfordLass72 Sat 07-Sep-19 08:05:52

I use a nailbrush for cleaning around the blade of my stick blender.

JackyB Sat 07-Sep-19 08:19:38

I use a teat brush for cleaning those bits of kitchen gadgets. I wouldn't have bought so.e of them if I'd known they were so much of a fiddle to clean.

Nailbrushes for cleaning combs.

MamaCaz Sat 07-Sep-19 08:22:55

I often laugh/cringe at some of these suggestions or warnings.

The ones on cans of food, the so-called 'serving suggestion', come to mind.
Only a couple of weeks ago I saw one (I forget exactly what, but it was something very basic such as baked beans or marrowfat peas) where the 'suggestion simply showed that food on a plate!
I wish I had known this before - eating them straight off my lap ruins my clothes!

MamaCaz Sat 07-Sep-19 08:25:05

A teat brush, JackyB?

A typo, I know, but the thought made me chuckle grin

Auntieflo Sat 07-Sep-19 09:09:05

I don't think it was a typo Mamacaz, just one of these.

BeeWitch Sat 07-Sep-19 09:57:29

Bags of nuts & allied products saying 'may contain nuts' and eye makeup remover with 'keep way from eyes' [confused

Gonegirl Sat 07-Sep-19 14:13:31

Just bumping this to get another swear word into Actives.