Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Sun 08-Sep-19 06:13:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but grey sky over Brackley this morning, usual Sunday have a ready made meal today.
Will watch the Vuelta on Eurosport and the Tour of Britain on on ITV4 later.
Mick

glammagran Sun 08-Sep-19 14:37:15

vena11 Dyrham Park is a lovely place to go for a walk. Did you see any fawns amongst the fallow deer?

Funnygran Sun 08-Sep-19 14:31:09

I usually read this thread but haven’t contributed. Having had a busy weekend with grandsons staying I’m having a cuppa and catching up with Gransnet before tackling the beds etc. MawB I’m interested to read that you are in the Harz mountains as it’s an area I’ve visited a few times since we have family that lived in the area for a few years. We found it beautiful both in winter and summer and hardly known to British tourists so am interested to hear what you think of it.

Hymnbook Sun 08-Sep-19 11:03:58

Morning sunny here in Huthwaite. No plans no fun doing things on your own. May do some house work. Perhaps l'll make a start on sorting stuff out ready to move if l ever do.

nonnasusie Sun 08-Sep-19 10:39:03

Good morning from a sunny Warrington. We've had two hectic but enjoyable days in Cornwall with friends and arrived here on Friday. Had a BBQ with some of the family yesterday and today is my birthday so my son and family are spoiling me. Tomorrow we move on to Manchester to stay with my step daughter and family.

Harris27 Sun 08-Sep-19 10:09:45

Feeling more awake and walking better so off to work tomorrow. Don’t get paid being off so will try and get back to the grind. I have missed the children and realised how much social interaction I miss! Lovely day in ne. Watching the north run later same as you gillybob.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 08-Sep-19 09:30:33

Good morning from east London, bright, sunny and cool outside. Fantastic session at the music party last night, DP nearly joined in the singing, now have to pull ourselves together to take DS back to uni. in Chichester. Instead of coming home, we’re keeping going to the New Forest for a few days, which just coincides with the builders ‘hitting’ the bathroom replacing the bath with a shower. Today it’s 40 years since I moved to London to work for Camden Council on its housing management graduate training scheme. Water under the bridge.. have a good day everyone.

Auntieflo Sun 08-Sep-19 09:30:00

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
It's another bright and sunny morning here. I thought it might be good, as we had a "Shepherd's delight, Red Sky" yesterday evening.
Had my MRI scan, and got a warm back, from the magnet, and a cold face from the fan!
Should really go and shower now, as Church at 10.30.
Have just heard that my niece's daughter, ( what does that make her? Grand niece) has passed her driving test, first time round, clever girl.
Also saw a photo of our DD and SIL enjoying an afternoon tea, courtesy of DGD and DGS, for their wedding anniversary.

After lunch, I may potter in the garden and put in a new plant, that just happened to find it's way into my shopping basket, yesterday.
Have a good day one and all.

Grannycool52 Sun 08-Sep-19 09:21:51

Good morning from our very busy airport. Yesterday we had the great idea of packing up, unplugging everything, locking up the house and coming to stay the night at a hotel 5 minutes from the airport terminal. It's been a great success ?. I am so much more relaxed than I'd normally be when departing ?.

gillybob Sun 08-Sep-19 09:16:33

Good morning from a bright and sunny NE coast . I’ve had little Evie overnight and she’s been on the go since just after 6.30 am . Today is Great North Run day so we can’t go anywhere as the roads are all closed for the entire day . We might have a trip to the park later . My older DGC ran the Junior GNR yesterday and did extremely well considering it was their first proper run .

Sorry it’s a short post this morning ( some may be relieved ) but Evie demands 100% attention . Right now we are playing her favourite clapping game and she’s desperate to get outside .

Have a lovely Sunday everyone x

EllanVannin Sun 08-Sep-19 09:15:03

Good Morning All x
From a sunny, calm and mild New Brighton, It's a lovely day.
Patio door open to let the sun in and the cats out.

Another chocolate cake on the agenda today just to keep me going. I had to buy another egg-beater because the other one was worn out, so it'll last me at least 12 months----until after the guarantee runs out !

Just the usual Sunday dinner later, washing was done yesterday and dried beautifully, loads of towels and knickers boiled to death.

Will be watching the Great North Run shortly after I've showered so won't waste any more time waffling.

Those of you abroad, enjoy your time there and I'm quite jealous about Marydoll's market trips as I loved them in Spain and Italy as well as Oz of course. I used to spend a fortune ! I visited catacombes somewhere but can't for the life of me remember where, also the caves where the Gibraltar one was my favourite.

Everyone else, enjoy a peaceful Sunday. Take care and rest to those who are under the weather.

moggie Sun 08-Sep-19 09:12:38

Morning Mick & all. Sunny in Nottingham too. DD brought big bag of French & runner beans over to us y’day from her friend’s allotment, will cook some later for dinner.
Have a lovely Sunday everyone,

Newquay Sun 08-Sep-19 09:05:54

Good morning from a pleasant, if cool, Staffs. What an international lot we are! Love to hear from you all in different places in the world.
Off to church this morning-always a joy! Walking to nearby canal restoration work this afty while DH puts back door on airing cupboard in new shower room so I can put back towels, bed linen etc. Must sort through load of boy clothes passed to me for DGS-think some are too small already so will return them-keep them circulating!

GrannyGravy13 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:58:43

Good morning all x

Busy day with GSs here, just about to start cooking “a full English” for them

Anniebach Sun 08-Sep-19 08:52:05

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Susan56 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:49:11

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is shining.
Nothing planned for today so will make the most of a quiet day and catch up on some reading.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Sun 08-Sep-19 08:33:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but there is a nip in the air. Nothing planned for the day except a steak and kidney pudding for lunch. I love a good S&K. We may get a walk in somewhere later.
Dragonfly doing nothing is tedious but no running before you can walk, please! ?. Have a good day folks.

harrigran Sun 08-Sep-19 08:27:56

Good morning from a lovely sunny NE.
A quiet day for us after having been with the family yesterday. We had dinner in an Italian restaurant, full to capacity and so noisy but it is what the young ones like.
Today is GD's 14th birthday, can't believe how fast the years have flown.
Happy holidays to travellers.

vena11 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:17:40

Morning all from a beautiful sunny morning here in Bristol.

Going to Dyrham Park this morning for a lovely walk and then probably into Bath for a look around the shops.

Take care all.

Pantglas1 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:08:43

A cloudy morning’s greetings to all from inland Andalusia and I’m still in my pit with a huge mug of tea as we had a second late night due to the wine festival.

Will have a quiet day and possibly not bother going out again this evening for the last of the entertainment- I seem to need more peace and quiet as I get older, too much busyness unsettles me!

Enjoy your Sunday, whether busy or not x

ninathenana Sun 08-Sep-19 08:04:54

Good morning

Light cloud with patches of blue in Kent.
DH is already down the plot and will bring back some kind of veg to go with the roast lamb later.
I will have my usual Sunday morning with the papers and crossword whilst downing one or two cups of coffee.
Have a good day all.

NannyJan53 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:02:54

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

Collected our new caravan yesterday, then promptly put it into the storage site we have found, which is indoors and about a mile from home.

We are away next weekend, and off to Croatia the weekend after for 2 weeks, so doubt we will use it until next spring now.

Will collect Mum over later for dinner, and maybe a gentle walk over the Clent Hills if the weather stays as good as it is now.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time Marydoll, it makes me want to go back to Rome again! We usually fly with Jet2 as they have a really good customer service and it is so easy to download Boarding Passes. Enjoy your holiday Maw, I have never been to Germany, but my Partner lived and worked there for most of the 80's, so there is another country on my list I want to visit!

Hope your recovery is going well dragonfly and you can be out and about soon.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Brunette10 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:02:09

Good Morning from a lovely bright Fife. Had good day out yesterday with DD and DGS's. Today is catching up with chores then off out to look for new kitchen flooring. Enjoy your trip Maw. Sorry to hear you are getting bored Dragonfly but rest is best thing for recovery. Have a good day everyone.

dragonfly46 Sun 08-Sep-19 07:44:16

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Another day of recovery. Boredom is now setting in!

Enjoy your holidays all you adventurers. We used to drive and camp all over Europe for six weeks as my dad was a teacher. One year we visited France, Switzerland, Italy and Germany.

mumofmadboys Sun 08-Sep-19 07:40:31

Back from holiday yesterday so catching up with washing etc today. Also church this morning and bridge tournament this afternoon. Bread already in bread maker. Needs must! Enjoy your holidays Maw and Marydoll.

cornergran Sun 08-Sep-19 07:34:59

Morning Mick, morning All, clear skies over our corner of Somerset. A bit of faffing this morning then cooking roast beef for the family later. Hope the travellers all have a good day and Sunday is kind to everyone.