Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(33 Posts)
12Michael Sun 08-Sep-19 06:13:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but grey sky over Brackley this morning, usual Sunday have a ready made meal today.
Will watch the Vuelta on Eurosport and the Tour of Britain on on ITV4 later.
Mick

MawB Sun 08-Sep-19 06:19:11

Guten Morgen aus Wuppertal, Mick and all to come.
I think we are in for rain, but as we are travelling most of today to the Harz Mountains that doesn’t really matter - although I prefer to see the countryside in sunshine!
My WiFi connection seems to come and go but I will try to keep an eye on you all!
And hope you all have a pleasant day.

Marydoll Sun 08-Sep-19 06:26:15

Buongiorno Mick and Maw da Roma!. Maw Ich wünsche Ihnen einen sicheren und schönen Urlaub

Beechnut Sun 08-Sep-19 06:29:49

Good Morning all.
It’s dry outside with a red sky to the east.
I shall go out early to buy a magazine then back home to put a coat of pain on the wooden bits on the garage. Some washing needs to be put into the machine and then I’ll see how the day goes.
Enjoy your holiday Maw and everyone else have a good one too ?

BlueSapphire Sun 08-Sep-19 06:52:50

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton, although I have just put the heating on as it feels really chilly. Hoping it stays fine as I need to get out in the garden to deal with a couple of overgrown shrubs climbing up the garage wall.

Nothing else planned for today except try to finish my library book, read the weekend papers and do the puzzle pages. And perhaps I ought to learn a few words of Italian in preparation for my holiday next spring! I will have a look on line and in the library tomorrow.

Enjoy your holidays, Maw and Marydoll! And hope that everyone else has a pleasant Sunday.

Marydoll Sun 08-Sep-19 07:01:22

Good morning all again!

I have been up since the crack of dawn, trying to download my boarding cards for tomorrow's flights.
The KLM site is so much easier than BA whom we normally use. So much so, that I have managed to download twelve boarding cards to my phone!! I then somehow managed to delete my own one for Fuomicini to Amsterdam. ?
I asked DH to forward my own one back to me and I now have eight!!? I'm supposed to be tech savvy.?

Our visit to the Catacombs of St Priscilla was very interesting yesterday. We went on a local bus and it took twenty eight stops before we got there, so quite an adventure, all for €1.50!

It was well worth it. We had a tour, with only one other tourist, so got to ask lots of questions. It was so interesting, as I love visiting catacombs, I have a fear of heights, but don't mind being down in the ground. That was the last one on our list.

We are off to the market which sells everything, luxury goods, antiques and lots of tat!.I hope to bag a bargain!

Enjoy your day everyone.

Urmstongran Sun 08-Sep-19 07:21:04

Good morning everyone from a slightly chilly and overcast Malaga.

We enjoyed our dinner last night then on coming home sat to have a nightcap in the bar next door. It was so warm and balmy. I was in a sleeveless top and it was almost midnight!

No plans for today but I’m sure my husband will be watching the Grand Prix this afternoon.

Enjoy your holidays Maw and Marydoll!

Hopefully Sunday will be good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Grammaretto Sun 08-Sep-19 07:21:21

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's a grey quiet start.
A very busy day yesterday with my front room becoming a shop for annual open studios. I'm sharing it with 4 artists. Same again today.
The best bit was sitting in the garden sunshine after closing time.

Your Italian adventure sounds great Marydoll and Maw in the Hartz mountains. The one time we camped there we had rain. It is healthy rain!
Our German helper says his family drink bottled water by the crate and that he can taste the chlorine in ours!shock
I hope you all have a good day whatever you have planned.

cornergran Sun 08-Sep-19 07:34:59

Morning Mick, morning All, clear skies over our corner of Somerset. A bit of faffing this morning then cooking roast beef for the family later. Hope the travellers all have a good day and Sunday is kind to everyone.

mumofmadboys Sun 08-Sep-19 07:40:31

Back from holiday yesterday so catching up with washing etc today. Also church this morning and bridge tournament this afternoon. Bread already in bread maker. Needs must! Enjoy your holidays Maw and Marydoll.

dragonfly46 Sun 08-Sep-19 07:44:16

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Another day of recovery. Boredom is now setting in!

Enjoy your holidays all you adventurers. We used to drive and camp all over Europe for six weeks as my dad was a teacher. One year we visited France, Switzerland, Italy and Germany.

Brunette10 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:02:09

Good Morning from a lovely bright Fife. Had good day out yesterday with DD and DGS's. Today is catching up with chores then off out to look for new kitchen flooring. Enjoy your trip Maw. Sorry to hear you are getting bored Dragonfly but rest is best thing for recovery. Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:02:54

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

Collected our new caravan yesterday, then promptly put it into the storage site we have found, which is indoors and about a mile from home.

We are away next weekend, and off to Croatia the weekend after for 2 weeks, so doubt we will use it until next spring now.

Will collect Mum over later for dinner, and maybe a gentle walk over the Clent Hills if the weather stays as good as it is now.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time Marydoll, it makes me want to go back to Rome again! We usually fly with Jet2 as they have a really good customer service and it is so easy to download Boarding Passes. Enjoy your holiday Maw, I have never been to Germany, but my Partner lived and worked there for most of the 80's, so there is another country on my list I want to visit!

Hope your recovery is going well dragonfly and you can be out and about soon.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

ninathenana Sun 08-Sep-19 08:04:54

Good morning

Light cloud with patches of blue in Kent.
DH is already down the plot and will bring back some kind of veg to go with the roast lamb later.
I will have my usual Sunday morning with the papers and crossword whilst downing one or two cups of coffee.
Have a good day all.

Pantglas1 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:08:43

A cloudy morning’s greetings to all from inland Andalusia and I’m still in my pit with a huge mug of tea as we had a second late night due to the wine festival.

Will have a quiet day and possibly not bother going out again this evening for the last of the entertainment- I seem to need more peace and quiet as I get older, too much busyness unsettles me!

Enjoy your Sunday, whether busy or not x

vena11 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:17:40

Morning all from a beautiful sunny morning here in Bristol.

Going to Dyrham Park this morning for a lovely walk and then probably into Bath for a look around the shops.

Take care all.

harrigran Sun 08-Sep-19 08:27:56

Good morning from a lovely sunny NE.
A quiet day for us after having been with the family yesterday. We had dinner in an Italian restaurant, full to capacity and so noisy but it is what the young ones like.
Today is GD's 14th birthday, can't believe how fast the years have flown.
Happy holidays to travellers.

Greyduster Sun 08-Sep-19 08:33:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but there is a nip in the air. Nothing planned for the day except a steak and kidney pudding for lunch. I love a good S&K. We may get a walk in somewhere later.
Dragonfly doing nothing is tedious but no running before you can walk, please! ?. Have a good day folks.

Susan56 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:49:11

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is shining.
Nothing planned for today so will make the most of a quiet day and catch up on some reading.
Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Sun 08-Sep-19 08:52:05

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

GrannyGravy13 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:58:43

Good morning all x

Busy day with GSs here, just about to start cooking “a full English” for them

Newquay Sun 08-Sep-19 09:05:54

Good morning from a pleasant, if cool, Staffs. What an international lot we are! Love to hear from you all in different places in the world.
Off to church this morning-always a joy! Walking to nearby canal restoration work this afty while DH puts back door on airing cupboard in new shower room so I can put back towels, bed linen etc. Must sort through load of boy clothes passed to me for DGS-think some are too small already so will return them-keep them circulating!

moggie Sun 08-Sep-19 09:12:38

Morning Mick & all. Sunny in Nottingham too. DD brought big bag of French & runner beans over to us y’day from her friend’s allotment, will cook some later for dinner.
Have a lovely Sunday everyone,

EllanVannin Sun 08-Sep-19 09:15:03

Good Morning All x
From a sunny, calm and mild New Brighton, It's a lovely day.
Patio door open to let the sun in and the cats out.

Another chocolate cake on the agenda today just to keep me going. I had to buy another egg-beater because the other one was worn out, so it'll last me at least 12 months----until after the guarantee runs out !

Just the usual Sunday dinner later, washing was done yesterday and dried beautifully, loads of towels and knickers boiled to death.

Will be watching the Great North Run shortly after I've showered so won't waste any more time waffling.

Those of you abroad, enjoy your time there and I'm quite jealous about Marydoll's market trips as I loved them in Spain and Italy as well as Oz of course. I used to spend a fortune ! I visited catacombes somewhere but can't for the life of me remember where, also the caves where the Gibraltar one was my favourite.

Everyone else, enjoy a peaceful Sunday. Take care and rest to those who are under the weather.

gillybob Sun 08-Sep-19 09:16:33

Good morning from a bright and sunny NE coast . I’ve had little Evie overnight and she’s been on the go since just after 6.30 am . Today is Great North Run day so we can’t go anywhere as the roads are all closed for the entire day . We might have a trip to the park later . My older DGC ran the Junior GNR yesterday and did extremely well considering it was their first proper run .

Sorry it’s a short post this morning ( some may be relieved ) but Evie demands 100% attention . Right now we are playing her favourite clapping game and she’s desperate to get outside .

Have a lovely Sunday everyone x