Gransnet forums

Chat

Chin hair removal.

(73 Posts)
MissAdventure Sun 08-Sep-19 17:39:26

Can anyone recommend something cheap and easy to pull the blighters out, please?

Tweezers obviously aren't the answer, as I've just realised, having felt a little hairy patch, and just taking off my glasses so I can't see them is no longer an option.

Farmor15 Mon 09-Sep-19 22:18:49

If you don't want to order wax strips online, they're available in Boots and other chemists - various brands, including Veet and Boots own brand. They're a bit more expensive than the ones Gabriella mentioned, though.

I use combination of wax strips and tweezers for the tougher hairs. I have a magnifying mirror with suction back which sticks on window, so good light and magnification.

GabriellaG54 Mon 09-Sep-19 21:48:38

Bellasnana
It depends on the sensitivity of the individual.
The wax strips I pictured give a nanosecond of 'sting' although I certainly wouldn't class it as pain and far far less sting than removing a plaster.
Very little pinkness which disappears within 30 seconds.
I wipe my face with a cotton pad with a few drops of oil to remove any sticky residue but the strips don't stay on the face any longer than it takes to press them onto the area in question then 'rip' off.
They're not heavy duty. winkgrin
The things we women do...☺

Blondiescot Mon 09-Sep-19 21:01:48

Threading is the answer - less painful than waxing and seems to last longer too.

mrsgreenfingers56 Mon 09-Sep-19 12:17:12

I have started to have Electrolysis, having found that our local College have a training beauty department and they do it at a fraction of the price. Takes time but seeing a big improvement and lack of beard which is plain embarrassing to have. Hurts at times but no pain but no gain! If you tweezer you are only encouraging hair growth as stimulating the hair follicle and come back stronger and hairy.

Bellasnana Mon 09-Sep-19 12:10:37

I’ve used the wax strips but find them so painful and I look like a beetroot for a long time after using them.

I bought the JML battery operated thing, it works a treat and isn’t painful at all, plus you don’t need to let the hair grow too much for it to work.

Anja Mon 09-Sep-19 11:13:55

This is great. It’s like threading but for facial hair. You don’t even need a mirror.

Davida1968 Mon 09-Sep-19 10:35:39

Another vote here for tweezers. I think that (on me!) hairs which are "tweezed" on a regular basis, do eventually cease to grow. (Other blighters will grow elsewhere, though!) As many posters here are saying, it's a case of a good pair of tweezers, a decent magnifying mirror, and vigilance. (I wear varifocals but can I manage this.)

vena11 Mon 09-Sep-19 10:32:26

This has made me laugh this morning , what we go through to be beautiful , I tweezer and have done for years. Oh for the chin of a teenager .

harrigran Mon 09-Sep-19 10:11:08

Tweezers on a daily basis. I am hair free when I go to bed and you can bet there will be another long hair by breakfast time.

MissAdventure Sun 08-Sep-19 23:15:54

I will.

Thanks again.

GrandmaKT Sun 08-Sep-19 23:07:24

Let us know how you get on Miss A!

MissAdventure Sun 08-Sep-19 22:39:37

That's a bargain.
I've never used wax before, but I'm off to order some.

Thank you! smile

GabriellaG54 Sun 08-Sep-19 21:17:05

Checked on Amaxon. 1 pk 36 £1.89 free post.

GabriellaG54 Sun 08-Sep-19 20:56:56

2 pks of 36 were 1.99 free p&p.
I bought mine 2 yrs ago and still using first box. Price may be different now.

GabriellaG54 Sun 08-Sep-19 20:55:01

MissAdventure
Here are the photos smile

annsixty Sun 08-Sep-19 20:35:14

Sorry but the Wizzit doesn't work on me.

MissAdventure Sun 08-Sep-19 20:17:59

Just had a notification that my eBay purchase has been shipped!
Fast work.

MissAdventure Sun 08-Sep-19 20:02:24

Oh thank you, too Gabriella.

I'll be the smoothest woman in town. smile

GabriellaG54 Sun 08-Sep-19 19:48:27

I answered a similar post a few months ago and posted a photo of the product that I bought from Amazon.
I think it was 2x packs of 36 for pennies...more or less and they're for facial hair.

You need to let it grow to a length that can be caught into the wax strip (which you warm with your hands
- but it only needs minimal growth tbh)
Wipe the area clean and dry first and hold the strip between your palms and rub together to soften wax.
The strip peels into two pieces (a bit like taking the backing off a plaster) and you can use both pieces or save one side.
Cheap as chips and works very well.
I'll try to find the previous thread and pics.
I've no idea who the previous enquiry was from or how she got on but she did say she would buy the strips from Amazon.

PamelaJ1 Sun 08-Sep-19 19:47:32

I use electrolysis.
Luckily on other people.
Thank goodness I don’t need it. Did my big toes though.

MissAdventure Sun 08-Sep-19 19:23:41

Done, thank you very much, GrandmaKT. smile
Just bought them, so hopefully they'll be the answer to the problem - specially at that price!

GrandmaKT Sun 08-Sep-19 19:17:18

Try this little gadget from Ebay MA.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOMEN-ELECTRIC-EPILATOR-WIZZIT-TWEEZERS-BODY-FACIAL-HAIR-REMOVAL-REMOVER-LADIES-/333304797926?hash=item4d9a839ae6#rwid

It plucks the hairs out and is quicker than a pair of tweezers. I do find that I need to let the hairs grow for a couple of days for them to be long enough, so tend to use it when I don't go out for a couple of days. It's cheap and worth a try!

MissAdventure Sun 08-Sep-19 19:16:05

Ooh, get you!

The poundland lighters used to be very good for removing nostril hair when trying to light a fag up.

GagaJo Sun 08-Sep-19 19:13:46

I'll be sophisticated shall I?

I use the Zippo! It costs £150 for the embossed model and has a 3 inch flame.

I have no eyebrows anymore but they were grey anyway.

MissAdventure Sun 08-Sep-19 19:10:31

grin

I think someone will come along soon, and say "Oh I use the -- whatever -- which only cost £10 and does the trick beautifully.