Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Mon 09-Sep-19 06:13:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey dull start here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day in, bit of housework in my flat etc.
Nothing planned otherwise.
Mick

Urmstongran Mon 09-Sep-19 20:48:25

message NannyJan53 Mon 09-Sep-19 07:37:41

You are correct lady! How did you guess it was me - out of six?
?

Is my cover blown?

Do I need a new name (like several other posters!).

Sprout Mon 09-Sep-19 13:43:02

Morning Mick and all. Home from Spain my goodness what a change in the weather. Off the plane into a cardigan. Had great time in the Villa with my man and his 2 grown up children. And shock he proposed in front of every one I said yes everyone clapped how lucky am I. My children are in shock but happy for me. Anyway don't want to take up to much space more tomorrow. Lovely to be back to talk to you all.

Hymnbook Mon 09-Sep-19 10:20:31

Hello everyone. It's a cold very wet morning here in Huthwaite. Miserable Monday. Not sure what l'm going to do today.

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 09-Sep-19 10:20:25

Heavy rain here in Cornwall with thunderstorms expected. Good day to pick for the rest of my furniture to arrive. It's been in storage for 5 years. (long story)

Should be taking Mya (dog) for a walk but we're both happy inside till the rain stops. She hates it too (the rain - not the walk).

All my best thoughts to those off to hospital etc. xx

moggie Mon 09-Sep-19 10:01:45

Going morning Mick & all, a grey damp start in Nottingham. Busy day y’day emptied all kitchen units from my luckily small kitchen ready for new one. It has served us well 36 years old, same as oven & hob!

I have 5 birthdays to shop for before end of month too Kitty & Susan my DD starts the ball rolling on 1st Sept it was her 30th this year.
Thinking of you Gillybob & You DH hope all goes well at hospital tomorrow.
Lovely photo Urmstongran have a nice afternoon
Hope all on holiday or returning have had a good time.
Hope all not well feel better soon, have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 09-Sep-19 09:28:00

Your comment made me laugh EV!

Actually 3 of the ladies were drinking G&T’s - hence the huge glasses.

Gin is very popular with the Spanish - they dress it up with juniper berries and dried hibiscus flowers - very pretty!

Auntieflo Mon 09-Sep-19 09:05:10

X posts Annie

Auntieflo Mon 09-Sep-19 09:04:50

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
Had a bit of a disturbed night, as DH didn't sleep well last night. Anyway, we have had tea, and he will be down for breakfast any time now.
After all the talk of M&S on another thread, I ordered two things yesterday, but they won't be ready to collect until 19th!!
By then I will have forgotten I ordered them.
Did a bit of tidying in the front garden, yesterday afternoon, then was achey, even after a lovely shower. Even then I didn't get my plant in, so that will have to be later today.
Want to do a little shopping first though.
Gillybob, we are all with you, you do manage to keep upbeat about everything. Have a good week, albeit a busy one.
Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Mon 09-Sep-19 08:55:57

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Pantglas1 Mon 09-Sep-19 08:55:21

Morning all from a freshly washed inland Spain! Lots of thunder, lightning and rain yesterday evening which probably ruined the last day of the wine festival for so many. We’d decided not to go out a third night - we can’t stand the pace at our age!

Lovely photo Urmstongran- isn’t it lovely having friends in different places!

Hope everyone has good day whether travelling, unwell or busy!

Brunette10 Mon 09-Sep-19 08:41:41

Sorry Marydoll I fear it's worse in the West than here - washing on hold I think for you. Think it's to get better as week goes on smile

vena11 Mon 09-Sep-19 08:41:21

Good morning dull start here and rain through the night in Bristol .

School run today so it will be a late night so don't have anything else planned today.

Take care all .

harrigran Mon 09-Sep-19 08:41:03

Good morning from an overcast but dry NE.
I have a GP appointment this afternoon and it is at a time that will be busy, surgery is next door to the hospital and there is a school just a few hundred yards away. Parking is a nightmare.

Brunette10 Mon 09-Sep-19 08:38:35

Gillybob, like others I feel I have quite a lazy life in comparison to what you do. One thing for sure you must be super fit. Hope you get some 'me' time at some point. Don't run yourself ragged please.

dragonfly46 Mon 09-Sep-19 08:37:14

Good morning from as kittysays a grey Leicestershire.

Lovely photo urmston friends are invaluable.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow gilly. I do hope they can sort mr gilly out soon.

Trip to the hospital today to get my drain out - can’t wait - had a bad night as it is sore.

cornergran Mon 09-Sep-19 08:36:11

Morning Mick, morning All. Grey clouds over our corner of Somerset, storm forecast for later. Will set Mr C to the ironing while I make a cottage pie mix in the slow cooker, some for today and enough to freeze for the future. Then it’s the dreaded filing for me. What happened to the paperless society? Safe trip marydoll, hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Mon 09-Sep-19 08:35:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dull with rain in prospect for South Yorkshire this morning. We have some shopping to do and then the first school run of the new term for us. Have a good day folks.

BlueSapphire Mon 09-Sep-19 08:34:11

Good morning everyone from a grey Northampton, with rain promised later on. Running late this morning as I 'came to' much later than usual, so am just grabbing some toast and tea before I finish getting ready for yoga.

Managed to get the overgrown shrubs trimmed yesterday, then cut the back grass; followed by a MiniMagnum and glass of wine in the sun and finished my library book. The cats enjoyed a long afternoon in the lovely sunshine; they love being in the garden, and so far have not made any escape attempts!

Yoga this morning, nothing else planned for today. Might do a spot of hoovering after lunch.

Hope Monday is kind to all.

Marydoll Mon 09-Sep-19 08:31:40

Billy Bob, big hugs from me too.

I worry about you, you must be exhausted.

aggie Mon 09-Sep-19 08:26:27

Good Morning all, damp out , warm in , I put the heating on for an hour yesterday and must have hit the “automatic”button ? Mary glad you got your fav holiday . Gilly you make me ashamed of my idleness !
Have a good day everyone xxx

Urmstongran Mon 09-Sep-19 08:15:27

Actually, apologies to you gillybob I shouldn’t have sent that, unless as a p.m. it was crass of me to air my views as I did.

My very sincere apologies.

I think I was just upset on your behalf. It is my only excuse.

Sorry.

EllanVannin Mon 09-Sep-19 08:11:18

Good Morning All x
Persisting down here in NB, probably cold too as I haven't put my nose outside yet. Even the cats are holding back.

What a fabulous pic, Urmstongran----makes me want to join in. Weren't there any bigger wine glasses ? Hahahaha. Reminds me of good times.

There won't be much getting done today I don't think, apart from a bit of tidying up.

Won 2 large mixing bowls in a bid online yesterday--£6.50 for the two ( charity site ) 1 for D and the other for me as I needed one after having used a plastic one which wasn't substantial enough, certainly not for a " C" cake mixture.

Have a good day everyone and stay well at home and abroad.

Urmstongran Mon 09-Sep-19 08:11:03

Typo!

Urmstongran Mon 09-Sep-19 08:10:13

Oh gillybob you must be anxious mentally and exhausted physically. My heart goes out to you because I know you see no end to this busy-ness.

I’d sell the house and live in a park home. Release some equity, shove it in the bank and RETIRE, both of you, while you can. Bricks and mortar aren’t worth compromising your life for. Plus a house and garden are a lot of work a Duncan cost a lot of money to maintain.

I know it sounds drastic. But for me (not others, I agree) I’d have to think outside the box for a way out of this intolerable situation.

Big hugs anyway. x

ninathenana Mon 09-Sep-19 08:06:40

Morning everyone.

It has just started raining in Kent. I assume that means the guy putting a solid roof on next doors conservatory won't be working today. A relief from the banging we've had all weekend. He has scaffolding on our patio as the conservatory is right on the boundary. So curtains have been closed all weekend on patio doors or he could see into our lounge.
Have a good day everyone.