Gransnet forums

Chat

Laziness

(133 Posts)
MissAdventure Thu 12-Sep-19 22:41:25

He's my grandson, patsy but he lives with me.

HettyMaud Thu 12-Sep-19 22:39:07

When my DS was young his bedroom was full, and I mean FULL, of rubbish. I could barely get in there. He kept everything - even bits of packaging -anything. Now he lives in a beautiful immaculate property. So there is hope.

MissAdventure Thu 12-Sep-19 22:37:30

I know what you're paying paddy but I really can't live in a mess.

The flat is falling apart around my ears as it is, without stuff everywhere.

I find it terribly stressful.

MissAdventure Thu 12-Sep-19 22:35:07

He really is the laziest.. ahem.. boy.

He actually cries when I lose my temper and says "But its your job to do it!"

Give me strength!

Patsy70 Thu 12-Sep-19 22:34:49

Is this your son or grandson, MissAdventure? How old is he? You need to teach him NOW!! Don't pick up after him. He must learn the hard way, if necessary. If he conforms and is good, reward him, if he is lazy, ignore him and leave his mess until he realises that if he needs something it's up to him to put it in the right place at the right time. He'll learn! My son did.

paddyann Thu 12-Sep-19 22:33:47

sounds familiar ,my 16 year old GS has a room that would make a pigsty look good.In his defence he helps care for his sick mum ,look after his sisters, works part time in a local cafe and goes to school .His stepdad goes nuts about the room but I sneak in and tidy it when SD is away working .
Pick your fights ,a messy room isn't that important in the scheme of things there are far more important things to worry about .I'd just shut the door on it and ignore it.One day he'll realise its nicer to be in a clean and tidy space .

CanadianGran Thu 12-Sep-19 22:31:43

Cure would be no dinner, no clean clothes and electronics unplugged.
I'm not sure how old this little boy is, or your relationship to him, but all children need to learn to pick up after themselves and help around the house.

MissAdventure Thu 12-Sep-19 22:26:08

Is there a cure for it?
If so, I need it before I wring a certain little boys neck! angry

I'm so, so angry with spending all my time picking up after him.

I just found a pile of clean clothes in the washing bin because he is too damn lazy to sort out clean from dirty.