Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Wed 18-Sep-19 06:15:18

Good Morning Everyone, its twilight here in brackley looks like a nice day but its dry.
Laundry ,small shop etc today , getting ready for my holiday to the world cycling championships in Harrogate.
Mick

kittylester Wed 18-Sep-19 06:26:20

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's just getting light here in North Leicestershire too. The heating has come on but I think we are due to have a nice day.

A pootling and faffing day for me but in amongst all that pootling and faffing I am going to make a freeze a few cottage pies.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Grammaretto Wed 18-Sep-19 06:41:59

Good morning Mick, Kitty and all who follow. It's Autumn proper here in the Scottish Borders.
I hope you can hear better Mick
More hospital visiting for me after crafting group.

vena11 Wed 18-Sep-19 06:46:08

Morning Mick and Kitty, lovely still morning here in Bristol ,up early for the school run .
Did only sleep about two hours last night just could not fall over so I don't think there will be much done this morning, maybe this afternoon we might go and see Downton Abbey if not asleep.
Hope everyone has a nice day.

NanKate Wed 18-Sep-19 06:49:40

Morning Mick Kitty Gram and All.

Nice calm day here in South Bucks.

Off to Waterperry Gardens today with 2 old friends.

Our youngest 6 received good quick NHS treatment with an overnight stay in hospital due to a nasty virus. He didn’t like the oxygen mask but a few hours later he was eating beans on toast and playing Monopoly. Don’t kiddies spring back quickly, I wish we oldies did.

moggie Wed 18-Sep-19 06:49:45

Good Morning Mick & all from dry, chilly start in Nottingham. Work for me today, best place at the moment new kitchen still in progress. Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Wed 18-Sep-19 06:50:12

Good morning all from a cloudy and cool Glasgow. it's omly 9 degrees here and like Kitty, the heating has come on.

We spent a very pleasant afternoon yesterday with our wee DGD, picking brambles, which I'm going to put in muffins this morning. The plan was to make jam, but we had unexpected visitors, so we didn't collect enough.
We could see them through the trees, but they couldn't see us. It was so funny when we were calling them and they couldn't work out where the voices were coming from, until I emerged from the bushes, very dishevelled with pink hands and bits of bramble bush stuck to me.

I'm off to the asthma clinic today, after a disappointing GP visit yesterday. I was given more antibiotics for the cellulitis and despite having a fair bit of angina at the weekend, nothing more can be done, until I get my angiogram, because of all the allergic reactions. sad.

Oh I am a cheery soul today! grin

I hope everyone has a pleasant day. Thinking of all those with pain, illness and sorrow. flowers

NanKate Wed 18-Sep-19 06:51:04

Morning Venall. I think you mean fall off not fall over ?

NanKate Wed 18-Sep-19 06:53:08

I can just imagine you in those bushes Mary ?

Ginny42 Wed 18-Sep-19 06:56:36

Good morning Mick and everyone. I'm home from working away and now look forward to reading early morning greetings on GN. I woke to a brilliant moonlit dawn and thought it was much later, it was so bright.

I've read the news and settled down with a second cuppa.
Going walking in the woods with my neighbours at 9, although I had quite a severe reaction so something yesterday and spent an hour sneezing and spluttering. Think I'll wear a mask this morning.

I plan to wash pillows and throws etc, to get them dry in the hot weather forecast.

Kind wishes to those who may be feeling poorly.

dragonfly46 Wed 18-Sep-19 07:22:32

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Sorry to hear you are still taking the antibiotics Mary

I love a day cooking for the freezer kitty it is so relaxing.

I used to live near Harrogate mick when I was a girl and visit often although it was always cold.

I achieved everything I wanted to do yesterday without too many ill effects I feel I have turned a corner. Now just need to hope the results in October are good.

Beechnut Wed 18-Sep-19 07:28:58

?

Brunette10 Wed 18-Sep-19 07:30:18

Morning all from Fife. It's chilly but it's dry and think it will turn out a nice day. First full night's sleep I've had in a while but I'm so glad of it. It's my mum's anniversary today and although it's been 16 years you never forget the whole process leading up to her death. Will be going to the cemetery today. Cold/throat is getting better. We also have DGS2 today so the will take my mind off lots. Sorry your appointment didn't go well yesterday Marydoll, I hope today goes better for you. Thinking of all those with troubles and sorrow.

MawB Wed 18-Sep-19 07:37:23

Good morning all from sunny but chilly N Bucks.
I think the cold woke me up several times in the night - doesn’t bode well for Winter!
Winter duvet next bed change I think - or bed socks!
Going down to London to see the DDs and two little boys - Otis was 6 months old yesterday, his first milestone birthday.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Beechnut Wed 18-Sep-19 07:37:37

Good Morning all, sunny and dry.

Beechnut Wed 18-Sep-19 07:38:45

Small shop and mow the lawn today and a general faff about.

Thinking of you all ?

BlueSapphire Wed 18-Sep-19 07:47:18

Good morning everyone from a very sunny and bright Northampton, but it's chilly so have put the heating on.

Had a really good Health Walk yesterday, and managed to get all my jobs done in the morning.

Plans are to go to Milton Keynes today for a mooch around and see if I can find something to spend my M&S voucher on. Will probably have some lunch out at Cafe Rouge or similar.

Hope that everyone has a good day.

ninathenana Wed 18-Sep-19 07:50:03

Morning all.

A lovely sunny start in Kent. Last nights laundry is waiting to be hung out which I will do before driving DH Only two more weeks and the season will be over.
Sorry to hear your still in the wars Marydoll wishing you well.

NannyJan53 Wed 18-Sep-19 08:02:23

Good Morning from a very sunny Black Country.

Had a lovely walk with my friend yesterday to the local park and had lunch in the café there. Then we had a mooch round the shops before walking back. There wasn't a cloud in the sky!

Today I am going on a Bus Safari to Stratford on Avon. This is a new U3A group, where once a month a trip is planned using the West Mids trains and buses, all free on our Senior Pass grin Today it's the train from here to Solihull, then a bus to Stratford.

Partner is working from home as he has a Doctors appointment today, so at least I will be out of his way.

Best wishes to Marydoll and Dragonfly and anyone else with challenges at the moment.

Susan56 Wed 18-Sep-19 08:07:11

Good morning from Shropshire.A chilly start today but looks like it’s going to be sunny later.
Am going to the hairdressers this morning for highlights.I managed to get to see Louis Theroux last night and got my signed copy of his book so will take that with me to read.
This afternoon it is back to hospital with DD1 for more monitoring.I am trying quite unsuccessfully not to be too stressed about it all.
Wishing you a safe journey back to the UK Urmston,please bring the sun with you?
Glad your recovery is going well dragonfly and Mary and all under the weather,hope you start to pick up soon.
Have a good day all.

kircubbin2000 Wed 18-Sep-19 08:07:50

Morning. Still cool and dull but going to be nice later in N I.
Had to cancel morning activities to wait in for gas engineer ,then babysit after lunch.

Sar53 Wed 18-Sep-19 08:08:32

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. Still trying to get all the holiday washing out of the way. Off to the butcher's to stock up the freezer this morning. Not much else planned today.
Have a good day everyone.

DoraMarr Wed 18-Sep-19 08:08:39

Good morning from a gloriously sunny Birmingham. From my window I can see the trees beginning to show their autumnal colours, although the weather doesn’t feel very autumnal yet.
I will meet a friend for coffee this morning, then might take my partner to a NT property this afternoon after his visit to the dentist.
Marydoll flowers and dragonfly flowers

gillybob Wed 18-Sep-19 08:11:25

Good morning from a dull and cold NE coast .

A busy day ahead for me . The breakfast cafe will soon be closed for business then I am taking the older children to school and heading straight off to do an MTD course at our accountants head office (about an hours drive away). Yet another hoop that the government have decided we need to jump through .
Won’t make it back in time for pick up so DDiL is having to come out of work early.

Enjoy getting ready for your holiday to Harrogate Mick blimey if you think it’s cold there Dragonfly I can’t imagine how many layers you would need to wear living on the North East coast as I do. A stones throw away from the North Sea !

DH has had another yucky night, but during my waking hours I was been thinking about poor Luckygirl and her DH and the dreadful decisions that lie in front of her.

To all those feeling sad, lonely or poorly I hope you can gain some strength from somewhere and feel better soon . flowers

To everyone travelling I hope you continue to have a lovely time and to the rest of us , have a good Wednesday x

Urmstongran Wed 18-Sep-19 08:11:49

Good morning everyone from a very sunny Malaga. Our flight home is 5pm. The sheets and pillowcases are in the wash and the parakeets are screeching outside in the palm trees.

Glad you little 6y old has bounced back so quickly to good health NanKate having an oxygen mask must have been an upsetting experience for him.

Marydoll you are indeed super human. You are not well but you certainly don’t give in to your condition! Covered in brambles indeed.
?

I can’t believe that Otis is six months already Maw!

The bestest upside for me going home will be giving our 7y and 2y old smalls a squidge after school tomorrow as we shall walk over - I can’t wait to see them! My husband said last night that the 7y old swam 2 lengths of the pool at his lesson last night and is being moved up a group. He is very sporty like many children - it’s good to see them outside (well, not the swimming, obv!,)
?⚽️?‍♂️??‍♂️

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x