Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Sunday

(35 Posts)
NanKate Sun 22-Sep-19 07:30:38

In Mick’s absence I am opening up today.

vena11 Sun 22-Sep-19 08:56:42

Morning everyone, rain here in Bristol.

Just about to watch the rugby as Scotland is playing just a pity our first match is with Ireland.

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday .

Harris27 Sun 22-Sep-19 09:11:05

Good morning from cloudy ne. Visiting son today and doing a roast before we go. Got lots done yesterday and had easy evening made some pasta and glass of wine lovely.

BlueSapphire Sun 22-Sep-19 09:30:15

Good morning all from a grey and cloudy Northampton, and it has just started raining. Yesterday was so beautiful; I cut the back grass, then the cats and I spent a pleasant afternoon in the sunshiney garden. Ate my last Mini Magnum and then had a G&T!

Going to have a mad blitz of downstairs today as I am hosting a coffee morning tomorrow. It is just our regular neighbours one, but as they seem to live in showhouses I had better make an effort!

Will put the rugby on tv soon; it's England v Tonga today. Ooh, I've just realised that Ireland v Scotland is on now.

Hope that Mick enjoys his cycling in Harrogate and that he doesn't get too wet! Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Sun 22-Sep-19 09:39:11

Good morning from very a grey looking South Yorkshire. Thunder storms are forecast for later.
Just returned (last night) from a lovely fortnight in the Isle of Wight. It's been our first visit and won't be our last - absolutely loved it. We were blessed with good weather for the majority of days, which I know makes a difference, but even so, what a lovely island. There is so much to see and do, and we have only scratched the surface.
Internet provision was poor where we were staying, hence only one post whilst there, but it's amazing how little difference it made not having full use of it!? (Though I did miss checking in with my GN friends).
Out for lunch today as it's my friends ruby wedding and they're having a little celebration with family and friends, so looking forward to seeing them.
Hope Mick is enjoying Harrogate.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Feelingmyage55 Sun 22-Sep-19 09:44:40

Good morning from a very cold Northish of Scotland. Had my morning tea outside wearing my winter coat but the sky was so beautiful and clear, the moon still in view and no lawn mowers going, I just had to enjoy the tranquility. Off to church, better run. Have the best day you can.

EBear Sun 22-Sep-19 09:50:18

Good morning from a very sunny Norfolk. Looks like its going to be a lovely day. Just been for a cycle ride, now set up for the rest of the day just pottering. Hope you all have a good day.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 22-Sep-19 09:51:50

Good morning from east London, bit of rain early on, sunshine then clouds are back again. Tennis tournament and barbecue this afternoon (I’d forgot about it) has been cancelled due to forecast thunderstorms. Have been sitting reading for about 3 hours; it’s a book I’ve found hard to get into but have now got going. Couple of builders due in this afternoon, not sure what for, but there are finishing off bits in various places. Taxi duty for GD later on, if not too wet, may take her for a leg stretch before taking her home. Have a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 22-Sep-19 10:08:50

Goodmorning all x

Cloudy here in SE Essex, but still warm.

I have no plans whatsoever today apart from roast beef this evening, mind you with our family that could all change in an instant.

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday ?

Ginny42 Sun 22-Sep-19 10:34:11

Late greetings, but have been up pottering for a while. It was pouring with rain around 7.00 a.m. but now there is blue sky peeking through the grey here in Cheshire.

My DD went to her old school reunion yesterday and came home after 2.00 a.m. Of course I couldn't sleep till she was home, just like a blast from their teenage past, 'Sorry I'm late Mum but when we got to B's house her Mum asked us in for coffee and I forgot the time.' All aged 50 this year!

Hope you're enjoying your holiday Mick. Thanks for opening the thread Nankate Have a peaceful day everyone. x