Chat

Good Morning Monday

(40 Posts)
Beechnut Mon 23-Sep-19 06:49:31

Morning

moggie Mon 23-Sep-19 12:01:32

Sorry to hear about your DS, DiL & DGC holiday Gillybob

Auntieflo Mon 23-Sep-19 11:50:16

GrannyGravy, just popped back here while I have a coffee.
Best wishes to your DIL this morning.

Mapleleaf Mon 23-Sep-19 11:42:47

Good morning everyone,
It's a lovely sunny morning here so I risked pegging out some washing before going to my coffee morning. The washing I did yesterday had to be dried indoors as it was too wet outdoors.
Having a lazy sort of day, pottering in the garden to do a spot of deadheading and then a trip to the supermarket later for some provisions. We have a lovely neighbour who has kindly watered all the plants for us and kept an eye on the place whilst we were away, so we are very fortunate.
I hope the rest of the day is good for you all. ?

Sourcerer48 Mon 23-Sep-19 11:06:41

Hi there, from a cold and damp East Devon.
Just received a Met office message about heavy rain and wind on its way here. Autumn officially started today - no kidding!
Woke to the not unexpected news about the demise of Thomas Cook. Sad to hear of an iconic business like theirs going belly-up. Lots of factors involved I expect, but the worst thing, not only for those people who have lost out on their holidays, etc is for all those people who no longer have a jobsad
I am housebound until Thursday as my car developed a major problem and cant be fixed (at great cost no doubt) until then. Good plan to spend the forced down-time sorting cupboards and clothes methinks.

harrigran Mon 23-Sep-19 09:21:11

Good morning from the NE where the sun is just peeping out.
We had heavy rain last night.
Things to do regarding house sale and prescriptions to collect so better get on.

vena11 Mon 23-Sep-19 09:19:16

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts about our planned trip in October I am fortunate I can get booked up again,I feel for everyone employed by Thomas Cook, I am lucky I am protected by Atol but a lot of people are not .

Barmeyoldbat Mon 23-Sep-19 09:14:46

Morning all, just about to go out. Its sunny and dry after the rain but its going to rain late afternoon. Felt very brave as I joined an old codgers cycle group and I am about to go out and join them on my first cycle ride. Trouble is I think is all men but well they will just have tout up with me. Not met any of them either.

Mr B has been off colour for for a few days and doesn't want to go anywhere so here I go, al on my own.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 23-Sep-19 08:55:41

Good morning all x

Bright blue sky here in SE Essex, but we have rain forecast, probably arrive as I walk to pick up GC from school.

I am on tenterhooks at the moment as DIL is having a C-Section first thing, cannot settle.

Have a good Monday folks.

Auntieflo Mon 23-Sep-19 08:53:53

Morning all.
Morning Annie.
It's bright and sunny here, for the moment.
Yesterday started off like that, then rained while we were in Church, and I hadn't taken a jacket or brolly. Luckily it stopped by the time we were ready to go to the car.
I had thought that it was Harvest Lunch, yesterday, but it's next week!!
Last night I put Moth Foggers, in 3 of the downstairs rooms, as I keep seeing the little blighters around, again. While reading in bed, last night, one flew across my book, but I managed to squidge him. Success.
So today, I will do the upstairs rooms, and that will be me for today, after cleaning downstairs.
Have a good day one and all.

EllanVannin Mon 23-Sep-19 08:37:25

Good Morning All x
A sunny start so we'll see how long it lasts ! Hopefully for the rest of this day as I can function better when it's bright and sunny.

Feeling sad for over the 3,000 employees here on Merseyside alone who worked for Thomas Cook, what a worry for everyone concerned. It's devastating ! I wonder what caused this ??

Some more packing of ornaments today in readiness for Thursday. The place will be upside down !

Have put a bagful of clothes outside ready for collection so now must get washed ready to start the day.
Hope everyone's feeling fine today----even Gillybob to face the week ( it'll soon whizz by )

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 23-Sep-19 08:36:16

Good morning from east London, lovely bright autumn day. Two hours tennis at lunchtime today but no other plans although lots of things I could be doing. Builders are back but quiet work at the moment. Have a good day.

Greyduster Mon 23-Sep-19 08:31:26

Good morning all GNs. After all yesterday’s rain, the sun is out in South Yorkshire. I have some cooking to do today and then we have the school run this afternoon - a full week of school runs this week, and then I hope we will be back to normal. Have a good day folks.

Harris27 Mon 23-Sep-19 08:27:16

Morning all. Weekend was good but like gillybob says goes too quick. Have late evening as staff meeting after work so Monday will disappear quickly. It was dark this morning in the ne. It’s still warm though. Hope everyone has decent Monday again sorry to all who have lost their hols with Thomas cook.

Susan56 Mon 23-Sep-19 08:25:24

Good morning from Shropshire.A bright start today.Have only just woken up,think the worries and busyness have caught up with me.
Nothing planned today but will see what happens as DD off to midwife again at 9.30.
Hope you feel better soon Mary?
Thinking of all the holidaymakers affected by the collapse of Thomas Cook and also the many people employed by Thomas Cook who have woken today to find they no longer have a job.

gillybob Mon 23-Sep-19 08:18:56

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dull, damp start. We had some heavy rain yesterday afternoon too.

My DS, DDiL and the three children were supposed to be having a very long anticipated holiday in October (half term) too vena11 . The children will be bitterly disappointed this morning. Such a shame for all concerned. I will begin the fight for them to get their money back but fear it will be difficult.

I have had a very tiring weekend with childcare for most of it. Didn’t get little Evie home until after 8pm last night and just felt like crawling straight into bed myself (after the mass clear up that is) .

I’m off to “that place” in about 15 minutes but I’ve got school pick ups later and more overnights . Oh shift work is a bummer for young parents (and grandma) , need to win the lottery more than ever.

Can’t believe it’s bleedin’ Monday again already, I’m sure someone is playing tricks on me .

Have a good day everyone x

Teal Mon 23-Sep-19 08:08:34

Good morning from a damp, cloudy NE. Although I can see some blue sky, so fingers crossed.
So sorry for those with holidays booked with Thomas Cook and indeed the 9000 UK Staff who are out of a job this morning. The end of another high street name.
Work for me today, and a shepherds pie to make for dinner tonight before I go.
Hope everyone has a good Monday.

cornergran Mon 23-Sep-19 08:06:50

Morning All. Bright, sunny start in our corner of Somerset. Must concentrate on post holiday catch up, sort of distracted from it yesterday. Food shop or we won’t eat then onwards with the faffing. Hope Monday is kind to everyone, it’s a more than difficult day for anyone impacted by Thomas Cook.

Lins1066 Mon 23-Sep-19 07:57:37

Good Morning.
It is cloudy here on the S Welsh coast, heavy rain yesterday evening.
Nfk our DD is flying out to Singapore and Borneo on Friday for a holiday.
So sad about Thomas Cook, such an iconic name.

Hope everyone has a good day, including gilly in that place, and all those feeling poorly.

Grammaretto Mon 23-Sep-19 07:51:21

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's stopped raining and a GN meet up later.
I'm being put to the test helping to look after a normally independent, convalescing friend. A group of us will form a rota.

Brunette10 Mon 23-Sep-19 07:41:54

Good Morning from a dreech Fife, not nice at all out today. DH not feeling too great today but has eye appointment which I shall take him to. Nothing else planned because of this. Hopefully it will pass soon. Thinking of all those who have holidays booked through T Cook, dreadful news. Have a good day and sending best wishes who are feeling under the weather.

Marydoll Mon 23-Sep-19 07:41:52

Good morning all, thanks for starting the thread, Beechnut.
It's a damp misty morning here in Glasgow, but to brighten up later.

I still have a hacking cough, just like you, NFK, picked up on the plane. Kate , my voice has not returned yet, there are many who are rejoicing. However, yesterday, a friend said that it will take more than that to stop me chatting!! grin.

So sorry to hear about your cancelled trip, Venall and for those poor people, whose plans have been ruined. flowers.
What a disappointment for you.

I would prefer to stay at home today , feeling really under the weather, (my medication, rather than my ailments is to blame, sad ),but I have to return a flower girl outfit, I bought for DGD for my daughter's wedding. It was beautiful, but is too big. She is so petite, that it looks as if we may need to get one made.

Enjoy your day, folks, whatever your plans.

Pantglas2 Mon 23-Sep-19 07:38:37

Brrrrr - it’s a cool 15degrees in Spain this morning so autumn has just arrived unannounced almost. Never mind, at least it’s dry for me to finish all my washing.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you’re doing x

kittylester Mon 23-Sep-19 07:36:06

Morning all from our bedroom over looking the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

We had a lovely meal last night and are looking forward to a full English this morning before we move on to Cornwall where its self catering all the way!

I'm sorry for people who are affected by the Thomas Cook collapse. My friend's son is one of the pilots.

Enjoy your days everyone.

moggie Mon 23-Sep-19 07:36:02

Sorry about you holiday vena11 we have Nile cruise booked next March with company who are part of the Thomas Cook group.

BlueSapphire Mon 23-Sep-19 07:34:20

Good morning everyone. It's getting brighter here in Northampton, but the forecast is dire for the rest of the week.

Having a coffee and cake morning here today for neighbours and ex-neighbours, so yesterday was spent dusting, hoovering and tidying up. Am just about to put a load of stuff out for the charity sack collection.

Then I plan to do not much for the rest of the day except catch up with the weekend papers and reading. Hope the day is kind to all.