Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(42 Posts)
Beechnut Thu 26-Sep-19 06:07:24

We are off......

Julie64 Thu 26-Sep-19 14:14:44

Good afternoon from a very showery Lincoln! I'm looking after my granddaughter whilst my daughter goes to see the midwife.

Mapleleaf Thu 26-Sep-19 11:12:09

Good morning everyone,
It's brightish but cloudy here at the moment and looks as if it might start to rain again. It's a bit blustery today, so perhaps the dark clouds will move on.
Don't apologise, Norsat46 - it's normal to feel as you do. My lovely dad died 17 years ago today and the feeling of loss is always there. My Mum followed 4 years after, and like you, I wish I could still pop round and share a cup of tea and a natter with them.
I agree with Urmstongran, Marydoll - pace yourself. If you do see your friends today, enjoy, but come home if you feel tired.
Hope today is kind to you all.

Legs55 Thu 26-Sep-19 10:38:59

Good morning all from sunny Devon, heavy rain overnight. Day at home getting sorted out before I go away next week.

Hospital Appointment yesterday went well, now got a diagnosis, treatment sorted out, just need to see how I get along. DD came with me so I had a "flying visit" to see DGSs.

Wishing every-one a good day, those of you with "sniffles" health problemsflowers

Marydoll Thu 26-Sep-19 10:15:08

Shazel1, welcome. You will find we are a friendly bunch here!

Shazel1 Thu 26-Sep-19 09:33:03

Morning ime new so need to get used to site lol might have posted twice ?

Shazel1 Thu 26-Sep-19 09:31:59

Morning ime new hear so hello everyone .

Grammaretto Thu 26-Sep-19 09:17:53

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Actually on the bus into Edinburgh stuck in a roadworks jam.
Sunny here. I'm meeting a friend at the station and we are off on a jaunt
Wishing you all a happy and productive day.

Greyduster Thu 26-Sep-19 09:02:35

Good morning all. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire. Don’t suppose it will last. A day at home for us today, then school run later. Have a good day folks.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 26-Sep-19 09:01:30

Goodmorning from a grey damp SE Essex.

DIL and baby are home, so shall pop round later to see if they need anything. Son is off work so no doubt he will have everything under control doing nursery drop off/pick ups etc., so basically I am popping in for a cuddle!!!

No Grandma duties today, no housework.

Hope you feel better gillybob, Marydoll and anyone else feeling poorly.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 26-Sep-19 08:56:23

Morning all from a dull and wet South Notts, heavy rain in the night. Obviously because I washed the car yesterday.

A quiet day then hope to go to quilting group in the evening.

Hope all is well with everyone.

gillybob Thu 26-Sep-19 08:55:48

A very late good morning from the NE coast where it is dull and damp .

I have had a pretty miserable night with DH pacing around the house in agony and me coughing with a sore throat and bad chest that has seemed to come from nowhere .

Running late for “that place” , I would normally be arriving around now but have just finishing getting ready, I feel so tired and miserable I could happily crawl back into bed . Its wages day and the lads are out on site so I have no choice but to go in .

I hope everyone has a good Thursday x

NainFron Thu 26-Sep-19 08:55:28

Good morning all from N Wales. I'm off to Nottingham today to spend the weekend with DS and his heavily pregnant fiancée. I'm looking forward to it! Hope you all have a great day ❤

Marydoll Thu 26-Sep-19 08:54:40

Annie, I've just read your good news on another thread. I'm so pleased for you!

Anniebach Thu 26-Sep-19 08:52:37

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

moggie Thu 26-Sep-19 08:45:50

Good morning all. Wet start in Nottingham. Car service today, will go shopping in town with DH, I think it will be a short outing as he doesn't really like shopping trips. Flu jabs start next week at hospital where I work for staff. Have a good day all.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 26-Sep-19 08:42:52

Good morning from east London, where, like Norts, I can say it’s wet and miserable but still mild. No tennis this morning due to the weather so will be helping DP with our defects list for the builders. Packing to be done for our trip north tomorrow and choir this evening. Have a good day.

Pittcity Thu 26-Sep-19 08:41:10

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester. It was very warm and humid yesterday. I hope it is not so uncomfortable today.
I have a routine blood test in an hour but no other plans apart from shopping and ironing today.
Perhaps an opportunity to get into the GN book.
Have a good day everyone.

Alygran Thu 26-Sep-19 08:34:45

Good morning. It has rained all night here in North Yorkshire and its still going!
Watched the cycling time trial pass the village yesterday. Hope Mick is enjoying his time in Harrogate watching all the events.
Off to meet a former colleague for lunch on Teesside so a short train ride for me this morning.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Urmstongran Thu 26-Sep-19 08:31:38

Hope your interview goes well Teal and you get the job!
☘️

Urmstongran Thu 26-Sep-19 08:29:18

Good morning everyone from a bright South Manchester. It’s wet out so it must have rained overnight. Not sure how long the sun will stay!

Welcome back *Pantglas2’ - I always have to scroll back to check the spelling as for some reason I never think there’s a ‘t’ involved! Actually when did you become a 2 instead of a 1 and why?

Marydoll (aka Superwoman) please pace yourself. I hope your baby granddaughter is better today and able to be back at nursery. Such a worry for you all.

Hope Mick is enjoying the cycling and that he weather is decent in Harrogate for him.

Our ‘flu jab reminder cards from the GP surgery arrived in the post yesterday so I shall ring up later to sort out the appointments.

We are off to Oldham at noon to spend the afternoon with my aunt and uncle, picking my father up en route. Such lovely people. I always feel very welcome and relaxed in their company.

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Ginny42 Thu 26-Sep-19 08:23:00

Good morning everyone from a very damp Cheshire, but there is some blue in the sky. I was posting with others in the early hours as sleep just would not come last night. Didn't even try to sleep until after 4.00 a.m.

I've got painting group this morning which is always a pleasant way to spend a morning. Then it's the hairdresser's and probably lunch in the village.

Hope you have a good day whatever you may be doing.

harrigran Thu 26-Sep-19 08:21:00

Good morning from a grey damp NE.
Washer on while we have our cup of tea in bed, it is a stay at home kind of day.
I had my flu vaccination a fortnight ago and am very pleased because there seem to be a lot of bugs around at present.

Teal Thu 26-Sep-19 08:20:13

Good Morning from a damp NE , the sun is trying though ?
Busy morning today, Waitrose delivery due any minute and then off to the groomers with ddog for her cut and blow dry.
Work and the interview this afternoon so it’s rush, rush, rush this morning.
Have a great day everyone.

Susan56 Thu 26-Sep-19 08:15:37

Good morning from Shropshire.Raining today.
We are collecting our granddaughter from pre school today then she will come back here until we take her back to pre school tomorrow.We will no doubt visit the supermarket as her parents do all their shopping on line and she loves a visit to the shops.
Our surgery only has the over 65 flu jabs available,DH booked in.I have the flu jab on health grounds but the type I need isn’t in stock yet.I am doing a few locum shifts in the pharmacy I used to work in in a couple of weeks so will maybe get it done then.
Have a good day everyone.

Nortsat46 Thu 26-Sep-19 08:15:03

BlueSapphire, your post almost made me cry.
My own lovely mother has been gone for 40 years, but I can't think of anything I would rather do than have a Wine Club evening with her and wake up to a cup of tea made by her.

I hope you and your daughter both have a good day.

(Apols, I don't know what has made me feel so emotional and I hesitated to post this)