Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(41 Posts)
Beechnut Thu 26-Sep-19 06:07:24

We are off......

Beechnut Thu 26-Sep-19 06:15:13

Good Morning everyone.
Very very dark and wet this morning on Severnside.
I have my craft class to look forward to today and then I have a few errands to run in town afterwards.

Here’s hoping you all have a good day ?

Pantglas2 Thu 26-Sep-19 06:23:16

Thank you beechnut and good morning all who follow from lovely north Wales- can’t see what weather’s up to as it’s still dark but promising rain later.

Off to Waitrose/Lidl later for a big shop as there’s barely a crust in the house then plan my diary for the next week or so - people to see, films, lunches etc.

Also hope to get date for DH op which is long overdue - he’s in pain most days and it will get worse as damp weather arrives. Never mind, lots worse off than us so chin up!

Have a good day everyone x

Sar53 Thu 26-Sep-19 06:42:27

Good morning everyone from a dull, damp Essex by the sea. I'm off to Bluewater shopping centre later to meet DD2 and youngest DGD. I haven't seen them for about 6 weeks so very much looking forward to catching up. I have a few things to buy and I'm sure we will have lunch. I just hope there are no traffic hold ups.
Have a good day everyone.

Nortsat46 Thu 26-Sep-19 06:47:15

Morning all, including Beechnut and Pantglas2, it's wet and miserable in East London.
Partner and I have flu jabs this morning, thanks to a reminder thread on GN.
Out for lunch afterwards.

Have a good day all and to those facing challenges- sending you good thoughts. ?

Auntieflo Thu 26-Sep-19 06:48:02

Morning Beechnut, Annie, and all.

Dark, damp and dreary here in Berks.

Just drinking my first cup of tea, then must be up and ready as I have a volunteer driver to take me for my pre-op assessment this morning.
I am hoping they don't take one look at my bruised face, from my fall last week, and say 'go home'

Have a good day one and all.

NanKate Thu 26-Sep-19 06:53:42

Morning Beechnut and All.

On grandparent duty in West Sussex. Must get the oldest up for 7.00 am as he is going on a school trip to Hever Castle today and I have to get him to school by 8.00. It’s lucky they just live about 3 mins walk from the school.

I asked DH to set the radio alarm for 7.00 and at 6.00 it went off ☹️ There will be words ! He slept through the alarm of course .

ninathenana Thu 26-Sep-19 07:03:10

Morning everyone.

Dry and dull in Kent, with showers forecast.
Poor DH was stung a few times yesterday whilst doing his garden job. He has a couple that have large red areas around them. We are keeping an eye on them and he's taking antihistamine. Occupational hazzard.

Marydoll Thu 26-Sep-19 07:16:56

Good morning all from a damp, but mild Glasgow.

Had a very tiring day looking a very hyperactive DGD (due to her medication) and helping my bereaved sister in law with some problems.

I'm supposed to be meeting two friends for lunch today, before picking ap DGD from nursery, that is if she is well enough to go. I'm awaiting the dreaded phone call. .
I don't think I can summon up the energy to get dressed, let go, but I have been putting them off for ages, due to all my ailments. They are beginning to think I don't love them any more! grin.

I have asked aout our flu jabs, but our GP doesn't have them in stock yet.
Nina, your poor DH, I hope the stings settle down very soon.

Hve a good day everyone, whatever your palns.

NfkDumpling Thu 26-Sep-19 07:24:05

Morning All

It can't be time for flu jabs already "Marydoll*!

It's still grey and wet here in the north of Norfolk, no energy and curl up with a book weather, but I can't put sheet changing and washing off any longer. DGS is six today so we're off over there after school with his present. Party at the weekend.

vena11 Thu 26-Sep-19 07:28:18

Good morning from Bristol, rain through the night dry at the moment , going to my DD near Wolverhampton to babysit our 16 month DGS today for a few days to give her a wee break as her husband is working away at the moment .

Hope all have a good day.

Marydoll Thu 26-Sep-19 07:38:52

Nfk, I was told flu jab appointments can be made from this week on! The year has just flown by!

BlueSapphire Thu 26-Sep-19 07:54:20

Good morning and welcome to everyone from another wet morning in Northampton, although it looks as though it might brighten up.

Not much planned for today, just a Sainsbury's delivery later this morning and then ballet class after lunch. DD stayed here overnight after our wine club last night. I can just hear her getting ready for work and a cup of tea awaits her in the kitchen.

Must ring for my flu jab - when I last logged on to our surgery's website there was a big notice urging over 65s to book.

Hope today is kind to all.

Harris27 Thu 26-Sep-19 08:08:24

Morning all yes I’ve got my appointment booked in for a week come Monday for flu jab. Dull and dismal in ne, today but at least it’s not raining yet! Done lots of baking for Macmillan day for sons office so hope they make some money for that. Missing my sister who’s gone to Australia to see her daughter. Good Thursday all be careful marydoll don’t overdo it.

Brunette10 Thu 26-Sep-19 08:11:18

Good Morning to everyone from a dull Fife. Feeling quite down today as we normally would have visited my Aunt but she is now no longer with us. First Thursday on our own for a while so not sure what we shall do today. Was quite hectic yesterday with DGS's so took a wee bit longer to rise this morning. Hey Ho there are lots out there who have worse problems than me so will pick myself up and get on with things. I hope today is good, perhaps better than yesterday for everyone.

EllanVannin Thu 26-Sep-19 08:14:17

Good Morning All x
A very damp morning so it must have chucked it down in the night again.
I'm all of a do-da this morning.
I had to be up with the lark for the workmen so here I am in the thick of it now, drilling, banging and confined to one room. Its only or the rest of the day then it'll be over. It'll take me a while to get straight but I'll take my time.

There were a lot of police/ambulance sirens going off about half an hour ago so I don't know what that was all about, what a racket. There's always something.

I hope everyone's well so enjoy the day whatever you do.

Nortsat46 Thu 26-Sep-19 08:15:03

BlueSapphire, your post almost made me cry.
My own lovely mother has been gone for 40 years, but I can't think of anything I would rather do than have a Wine Club evening with her and wake up to a cup of tea made by her.

I hope you and your daughter both have a good day.

(Apols, I don't know what has made me feel so emotional and I hesitated to post this)

Susan56 Thu 26-Sep-19 08:15:37

Good morning from Shropshire.Raining today.
We are collecting our granddaughter from pre school today then she will come back here until we take her back to pre school tomorrow.We will no doubt visit the supermarket as her parents do all their shopping on line and she loves a visit to the shops.
Our surgery only has the over 65 flu jabs available,DH booked in.I have the flu jab on health grounds but the type I need isn’t in stock yet.I am doing a few locum shifts in the pharmacy I used to work in in a couple of weeks so will maybe get it done then.

Teal Thu 26-Sep-19 08:20:13

Good Morning from a damp NE , the sun is trying though ?
Busy morning today, Waitrose delivery due any minute and then off to the groomers with ddog for her cut and blow dry.
Work and the interview this afternoon so it’s rush, rush, rush this morning.
Have a great day everyone.

harrigran Thu 26-Sep-19 08:21:00

Good morning from a grey damp NE.
Washer on while we have our cup of tea in bed, it is a stay at home kind of day.
I had my flu vaccination a fortnight ago and am very pleased because there seem to be a lot of bugs around at present.

Ginny42 Thu 26-Sep-19 08:23:00

Good morning everyone from a very damp Cheshire, but there is some blue in the sky. I was posting with others in the early hours as sleep just would not come last night. Didn't even try to sleep until after 4.00 a.m.

I've got painting group this morning which is always a pleasant way to spend a morning. Then it's the hairdresser's and probably lunch in the village.

Hope you have a good day whatever you may be doing.

Urmstongran Thu 26-Sep-19 08:29:18

Good morning everyone from a bright South Manchester. It’s wet out so it must have rained overnight. Not sure how long the sun will stay!

Welcome back *Pantglas2’ - I always have to scroll back to check the spelling as for some reason I never think there’s a ‘t’ involved! Actually when did you become a 2 instead of a 1 and why?

Marydoll (aka Superwoman) please pace yourself. I hope your baby granddaughter is better today and able to be back at nursery. Such a worry for you all.

Hope Mick is enjoying the cycling and that he weather is decent in Harrogate for him.

Our ‘flu jab reminder cards from the GP surgery arrived in the post yesterday so I shall ring up later to sort out the appointments.

We are off to Oldham at noon to spend the afternoon with my aunt and uncle, picking my father up en route. Such lovely people. I always feel very welcome and relaxed in their company.

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Urmstongran Thu 26-Sep-19 08:31:38

Hope your interview goes well Teal and you get the job!
☘️

Alygran Thu 26-Sep-19 08:34:45

Good morning. It has rained all night here in North Yorkshire and its still going!
Watched the cycling time trial pass the village yesterday. Hope Mick is enjoying his time in Harrogate watching all the events.
Off to meet a former colleague for lunch on Teesside so a short train ride for me this morning.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Pittcity Thu 26-Sep-19 08:41:10

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester. It was very warm and humid yesterday. I hope it is not so uncomfortable today.
I have a routine blood test in an hour but no other plans apart from shopping and ironing today.
Perhaps an opportunity to get into the GN book.