Gransnet forums

Chat

usual royal family tactics

(251 Posts)
paddyann Thu 26-Sep-19 11:35:22

Lets take the plebs minds off the mess the government sin and get Lizzies name out the frame ...A WEDDING .The fools will love that and they'll be so delighted they'll forget about everything else ...even the cost of it .
REALLY!! is England so gullible ?

Sussexborn Thu 26-Sep-19 13:29:39

Paddy has been drinking bitter lemon again and is full of bitterness and bile as per usual. A tiny proportion of citizens who think their rights are the only ones who count. Given the chance I would actually vote for Scottish independence so I don’t have to have all the whining inflicted upon me.

There are millions and millions of people who are happy to have a monarch. When we stopped off in Windsor we were amazed at how crowded it was with tourists from the UK and the rest of the world. When the road was cleared to allow some personage through the excitement was palpable. I’ve no idea who it was as I was at the back. The flag sellers and tat sellers had a hay day.

Do the RF have to wait for a no news day and then nip round to the registry office. My children didn’t so why should they.

wildswan16 Thu 26-Sep-19 13:35:17

I don't see anything wrong with people congratulating a young couple announcing their engagement. People got cross when baby Archie's baptism was private - now they are cross because Beatrice's engagement is public.

On another thread some of us feel normal standards of courtesy within parliament have all but disappeared - the same could be said for many members of the public also.

TerriBull Thu 26-Sep-19 13:54:15

I do believe your faux contempt masks an "In the closet Royalist" Paddyann. Wow! thanks for this extraordinarily exciting piece of news, I thank you from the bottom of my plebeian heart. Now I take it we are talking about Beatrice, or should I say Princess Beatrice, who in my opinion looks very like her umpteen great grandma, Queen Victoria, same rather large startled eyes. You could try Googling the young Queen Vic., Paddyann and you might see what I mean, anyway no doubt the very mention of her name gives you a warm glow, how she loved Scotland, surrounded by taran and no doubt shed loads of shortbread which would explain her expanding girth and the first royal to set up home up there in the highlands, after as you quite rightly point out, the English rather unkindly chopped the head off Mary Queen of Scots bastards sad

Anyway, as you say nothing like a wedding to take the plebs minds off everything else, perhaps you could offer your services as a wedding planner, in a attempt to try and shore up Anglo Scottish relations.

Meanwhile it seems that Meghan and Harry are trying to outdo each other in utter drivel with their woke announcements, Meghan with her "I come here as your sister, woman of colour" platitudes in South Africa and Harry with his disturbing "I worry so much about the world I can hardly get out of bed some days" sad Anyway it was cheering to see Archbishop Tutu and daughter so pleased to welcome the family with baby Archie who to my mind does appear to have grandfather Thomas' deep set eyes. Moving on I wonder whether Archbishop Tutu's daughter realised that Meghan, whilst looking happy on the surface may have took exception to her gender specific comment regarding little Archie "he looks as if he will be a lady's man" surely not! does the woman not know there are a whole gamut of recognised sexes now one cannot possibly make such an assumption shock

Once again thank you for such a lovely thread smile

Ellianne Thu 26-Sep-19 13:56:46

Ok so they're getting married, I wish them happiness. But really do we need all the gushing comments from her parents, his parents , her sister etc. etc. plastered over the notification? The quiet decorum of the RF sadly seems a thing of the past.

paddyann Thu 26-Sep-19 14:10:29

dont forget if they run out of weddings the brood mares will come to the rescue ...another wee Wills on the books perhaps ?

Anniebach Thu 26-Sep-19 14:12:05

Unfair, we didn’t have Instagram in the past.

aggie Thu 26-Sep-19 14:13:56

OH Paddy thats a bit much !

Anniebach Thu 26-Sep-19 14:16:00

Says much of a woman who calls other women ‘brood mares’,

Disgusting.

sunseeker Thu 26-Sep-19 14:18:51

We are all aware of paddyann's intense dislike for the royal family but why does she assume that anyone who would rather have the RF rather than a president is a "pleb" and a "fool". I will take no interest in this wedding, although I do wish the couple well.

I also dislike it being assumed that I am a grovelling peasant. The comment about "brood mares" is especially unpleasant. Is that how you would describe your own daughters paddyann

Anniebach Thu 26-Sep-19 14:23:02

So all of us who have children were ‘brood mares’,

The most vile of comments surely?

Granarchist Thu 26-Sep-19 14:23:48

sorry to disappoint but the engagement is because two young people want to get married. Nothing wrong in that.

Granarchist Thu 26-Sep-19 14:26:36

brood mares? What a vile comment - you must be a very very sad person and whether you like it or not I can only feel sorry for you. Mind you my brood mare is much adored, loved, and admired by all and sundry so maybe not so bad after all?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 26-Sep-19 14:30:14

Blimey!!!! I have looked at two threads whilst DIL and newborn are sleeping and they are both filled with bile and hatred..........is there something in the water?

(neither threads were political either ??)

SirChenjin Thu 26-Sep-19 14:38:53

dont forget if they run out of weddings the brood mares will come to the rescue

Who are the brood mares? confused

sunseeker Thu 26-Sep-19 14:41:59

Presumably SirChen any female member of the RF of child bearing age. I have nieces around those ages - if I were to refer to them as brood mares I have no doubt as to their response!

SirChenjin Thu 26-Sep-19 14:44:16

In which case the post makes less sense than I thought (and I generally share paddyann's sentiments regarding the RF)

Anniebach Thu 26-Sep-19 14:46:33

If paddyann chooses to consider her daughter/ daughters and herself as brood mares then her choice, but not all other
women.

grapefruitpip Thu 26-Sep-19 14:49:37

paddy, you can be quite witty, but that is a step too far.

Gonegirl Thu 26-Sep-19 14:53:51

Well, I enjoyed the last one. She (Eugenie?) was the prettiest bride of the lot.

And I LOVE cute little Archie.

Gonegirl Thu 26-Sep-19 14:55:24

I don't know how some people can actually live with so much hate in them.

merlotgran Thu 26-Sep-19 15:01:24

Beatrice deserves her happiness. They are both very loyal girls to their nightmare parents.

annep1 Thu 26-Sep-19 17:48:09

I have to agree with paddyann about the timing of the announcement.

Anniebach Thu 26-Sep-19 18:45:46

So they decided to get engaged and married next year for
political reasons !

BBbevan Thu 26-Sep-19 19:20:03

I have absolutely no interest in Beatrice's wedding .

EllanVannin Thu 26-Sep-19 19:41:04

Until I read this thread I didn't know that Beatrice is getting married. When and to whom ? Didn't know she had anyone ?

I haven't been under a stone, I've been listening to Smooth radio all day in between the drilling and banging of the workmen and I'm still getting over the compliment from one of the young workers who, when work was finished he said " nice to have met you, you're a nice lady ". Made my day ! They cleaned and hoovered up after them too.