Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(47 Posts)
Beechnut Fri 27-Sep-19 06:15:58

Hello

gillybob Fri 27-Sep-19 15:12:58

Well I’m putting the lottery on tonight MaryFinn so who knows ? Fingers crossed it might just be Yeee Haaa !

Hope you have a good weekend too smile

MaryFinn Fri 27-Sep-19 15:04:05

Hi gillybob - bit late I know. Yes, I am new! Hope you get to Nashville one day! Hope I do too!

Have a great weekend!xxx

Rufus2 Fri 27-Sep-19 12:31:32

G'Day from a wet, cold (!5C - feels like7C) Melbourne. Winter just won't let go! sad
Believe it or not, today has been (still is!) a public holiday because it's our football Grand Final on Saturday. Think about it! It's like you having a Bank Holiday the day before the F.A.Cup Final and why not? It's all down to our Trade Unions; power to the workers.! Pity they can't control the weather! grin

vena11 Fri 27-Sep-19 11:30:22

Late good morning from my DD house near Wolverhampton, been a busy morning here looking after our DGS . Having a minute to catch up with GN as he has gone for a nap. Then soft play this afternoon. Hope all have lovely day.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 27-Sep-19 11:23:41

Morning all from a cold and drizzly South Notts.

Expect to visit sister later.

Have tackled the ironing and put the bins out. That's quite enough for now.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Legs55 Fri 27-Sep-19 11:04:51

Good??? morning all from a very windy Devon, mizzly with threat of rain so it's a housework day ready for going away next week.

Happy Birthday NanKatecupcake

gillybob I too have a box where I keep cards, photo etc from DGSs, they will get it when they're older

annsixty Fri 27-Sep-19 10:15:15

Good morning all from a wet Stockport.
Happy Birthday Nankate
Going for my flu jab and was hoping to try to walk to the bus stop but rain and pain won't allow that so taxis it is.

gillybob Fri 27-Sep-19 10:03:50

Oops sorry Receive not revive .

Mapleleaf Fri 27-Sep-19 09:59:53

Happy birthday, Nankate. ??

Mapleleaf Fri 27-Sep-19 09:58:58

Good morning everyone,
It's a rather grey looking morning here today and looks as if it could rain at any time.
Going to collect my prescription shortly and then who knows? It's one of those nothing planned sort of days today. ?

gillybob Fri 27-Sep-19 09:56:51

Happy Birthday NanKate how lovely for you to revive such personalised gifts from your little people . I have a box where I keep all of the lovely little bits we have been given over the years . They don’t know about it and one day when they’re older I’ll get it out to show them . I often look through it , these times are so precious aren’t they? Have a lovely day flowers

gillybob Fri 27-Sep-19 09:53:08

Oh hi MaryFinn and welcome to the Gransnet Good Morning thread ( assuming you are new ) .

I was brought up listening to Country Music, all the old stuff including Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash etc (all now sadly departed ) . These days I love Willie Nelson , Keith Urban, Toby Keith , Zac Brown and many more . DH and I usually try to get to the C2C weekends in Glasgow . Amazing fun and if I can’t go to Nashville , Nashville can come to me grin
If I win the lottery it would be one of the first things on my “todo” list . X

NanKate Fri 27-Sep-19 09:50:55

Morning All.

Late call in this morning as it has been chaotic but fun here with the DGSs. It’s my 73rd birthday today and so lovely handmade cards were given. The 8 year old gave me about 20 purple and green (my fav colours) bracelets and announced ‘they only cost me £1 Nan’ ?The 6 year old gave me a card where he had written Happy Thursday, then realised it was Friday but who cares. I am very fortunate.

I think a little retail shopping and lunch out is in order and a nice M and S supper as it will just be DH and I tonight. We are having a birthday tea on Sunday when all the family plus my DS’s lovely girlfriend and son will join us.

Have a good day folks.

Pantglas2 Fri 27-Sep-19 09:47:01

Bore da MaryFinn (and all) from an equally wet Conwy just across the water from you!

Love gillybobs Friday photo - sums up my feelings when I couldn’t wait to retire! The day will come Gillybob!

Had intended picking blackberries this morning- it ain’t happening now is it! Never mind, I’ve got some plums to make a crumble for pudding as we’ve friends for a curry tonight.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and those unwell get better x

Pittcity Fri 27-Sep-19 09:46:12

Good morning from a bright and breezy Colchester.
Quiet day of bits and bobs. I won't put the washing out and maybe it'll stay dry!

MaryFinn Fri 27-Sep-19 09:36:38

Sorry sort of misread the messages!

Alygran would love to go to San Francisco!

gillybob would love to go to Nashville - I'm a big Dolly Parton fan and once created a Country and Western character for a variety night, including big wig and sparkles!xxxx

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 27-Sep-19 09:33:29

Good morning from east London, bright autumn morning here. Haircut at 10 so need to get moving although have done some prep. for our trip up north. Original plan was we’d leave as soon as I got back but DP is absolutely knac/worn out having been up to 3am typing up his defects list for the builders. There’s not too many but he likes to do a job properly... nice to have all the doors back on again, I’m not a fan of open plan. Nice surprise yesterday, letter from my work pension people who said on a review of my pension, I’d been underpaid so it’s now revised and arrears are to be paid. Yay! (It’s not massive but it did put a smile on my face). Have a good day.

EllanVannin Fri 27-Sep-19 09:21:31

Good Morning All x
A dark wet morning but not feeling too cold yet.
Slept like a log after all the work and disruption and trying to get some semblance of order everywhere, but woke at 4am-----wide awake ! Had a cuppa, watched a bit of tele then tried to have another hour or two. My body is so tired but my mind won't allow it to be.

Ah well, another day of washing and polishing, gritty dust everywhere. Could do with going shopping as well as cat food is more expensive in local shops. We'll see. I want some flowers for my step GD's birthday which was 2 days ago but she's abroad until tomorrow. It's a 50th !
I wish D was more free from work than she is to take me to the shops, it would be a lot quicker-----and easier too.

Fort William is stunning but I feel it'll be better by Pullman than the coach trip I was on in the 90's. I loved the train journey's in various parts of the country including the one-off Orient Express one at Christmas.

Hope everyone has a good day.

MaryFinn Fri 27-Sep-19 09:20:44

Bore da from a damp Anglesey!

Bit of work today, then off to get some free bulbs - yay!

Might go to a Macmillan coffee morning, if I've time after walking the dog.

Alygran would love to go to Nashville too!

Take care everyone!xxxxx

Sprout Fri 27-Sep-19 09:17:57

Morning all. Well sun shining in Essex wet on the floor though. Cleaning today my D coming down to see where I live now can't wait to see her. Miss them all and the 2 dogs as there is a large Alsation here who is lovely but wouldn't like 2 little ones around and the horses deffinitely wouldn't. But I see them often. Have a good day everyone

gillybob Fri 27-Sep-19 09:14:01

Well it’s a bit of a late good morning from the NE where the weather is quite gloomy .

I had to be at “this place” extra early today to bubble wrap a fixture that is being picked up any time now . Just watching for the wagon as I type .

Will be finishing at lunch time as usual (thank goodness) then taking my dad shopping and other chores etc. No childcare this weekend (so far) so hoping to be a complete slob and do nothing much . I’ve got a bit of a chesty cough and a sore throat yuk . Might make DH’s favourite Panhaggeti for supper (basically corned beef hash) to tempt him to eat a bit more than he has been. Still no date for op . Starting to feel a bit angry about it now.

I hope you get the job Teal fingers crossed .
Enjoy your trip Marydoll it sounds fantastic . I love steam trains .
I’m soooooo jealous of your forthcoming holiday to the USA ?? Alygran I would just love to visit Nashville ( being a huge country music fan) . I bet your are very excited and I hope you have the best time!

To everyone not feeling very well I hope you feel better soon . To those who are planning trips, holidays and outings I hope you have the best time .

Thank you for your Friday good wishes everyone. I just wish I could stretch the weekend out a bit further. Xx

Nannytopsy Fri 27-Sep-19 09:00:30

Good morning from sunny Suffolk! MacMillan coffee morning in the village if I get dressed in time ?. We now have modern communications and what a difference!
Kitty my DH came from the far west of Cornwall and we stood in his parents house watching the rain lashing down SO many times! Enjoy your holiday anyway. DD and SiL coming for their first visit tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a good weekend

Anniebach Fri 27-Sep-19 08:56:38

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

EBear Fri 27-Sep-19 08:56:02

Good morning all from a sunny east coast. Busy day doing bits and bobs, family lunch tomorrow. Hope you all have a good Friday.

Alygran Fri 27-Sep-19 08:52:21

Good morning from sunny North Yorkshire. Not sure it will stay that way but good for cycling and steam galas so far.
Picking up tickets today for my USA holiday. Setting off next Friday for London and flying to San Francisco on Saturday.
Food shopping after that then jazz club tonight.
Hope everyone has a good day.