Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday!

(46 Posts)
Marydoll Sat 28-Sep-19 06:34:00

Just opening up shop!

Susan56 Sat 28-Sep-19 16:29:50

Thank you for all your lovely congratulatory messages???
Ellanvanin,so sorry to hear of your emergency hospital visit last night.Glad you are home and hope you are resting and feeling better.x

EllanVannin Sat 28-Sep-19 15:31:49

Yes gillybob, it wasn't too pleasant, it's the rapid heartbeat that knocks you sideways. Everything else was okay, bloods, oxygen levels which have been 98 for years so no breathing difficulties.
It was only the second " bad do " since 2006 so I'm not doing so badly. Stress is the precursor as I keep it inside.
Thankyou for your kind words x

Diagnosis was Supraventricular tachycardia and AF.

NanKate Sat 28-Sep-19 15:26:16

Thanks folks for the good wishes ?

gillybob Sat 28-Sep-19 14:04:33

So sorry to hear of your emergency trip to hospital EllanVannin how scary for you .

Glad you are now home safe and sound . Do take care and enjoy your crumpets and hot chocolate . x

Mapleleaf Sat 28-Sep-19 13:42:57

Good afternoon all,
I'm back from my jaunt to town so have time now to read through everyone's posts.
Susan56, little Henry Jude is gorgeous. Congratulations.
moggie your DS's partners puppy looks so cute.
EllanVannin, my goodness, what a traumatic time you had last night/early this morning. I hope you are resting now and recovering.
Marydoll I hope the trip on the train is lovely, and that you and your DH have ended up seated together!?
I'm off to make a cake and prepare a meal now, we've got friends coming round later.

EllanVannin Sat 28-Sep-19 10:35:20

Good Morning All x
My first sight of the weather was at 09.30 as I was discharged from A&E as prior to that I had a " turn " at 2am ( AF ) and hung on to see if it calmed down but at 4am I had to press my emergency button. Paramedics arrived soon after and fitted me up with a canula and monitors ready for admission. It was a blue light job and nobody wasted any time. I had cardioversion via an IV crystalloid solution and within 2 hours I was in sinus rhythm again.

I feel as though I've been through the mangle because my heart rate was a constant 190 beats a minute. It is scary really and this episode was put down to the recent stress of the week preparing for the workmen.Bisoprolol increased so that should keep me out of mischief !

You never know the minute but I'm ever so thankful for my emergency button and most grateful to all the staff concerned. D doesn't know yet.I got a taxi home because I was in my nightclothes.

Wet and windy here and that's just the weather ! Now for the crumpets and hot choc.
Hope all is well with everyone with nothing unforeseen cropping up.

moggie Sat 28-Sep-19 10:31:37

Thinking of you phoenix hope all goes well with your operation.

moggie Sat 28-Sep-19 10:25:10

Good morning all from dry, cloudy Nottingham. Must have been tired after y’days kitchen painting session I didn’t wake up until 9.25 am! More painting today for me & DH. Meal out this evening with AC to celebrate DH Birthday last weds.
Congratulations susan56 & your family lovely news.
Belated happy birthday NanKate.
Enjoy your coffee morning Lovebeigecardigans my DD & colleague at work organised one y’day & raised nearly £400.
Have a lovely day Marydoll
Try & rest this weekend Gillybob.
Have a good everyone. My DS partner has bought their puppy a raincoat she looks very chic in it ?

gillybob Sat 28-Sep-19 10:20:18

OMG he’s gorgeous Susan56 smile

Huge congratulations to you all x

Urmstongran Sat 28-Sep-19 10:16:09

What a beautiful baby Susan56 congratulations to all your family!

phoenix what an horrendously long journey to get your cataract op! All the way to Plymouth! Did you have no choice? My dad gets his done next month. Ten minutes up the road in the car.

Mapleleaf Sat 28-Sep-19 09:43:41

Good morning from a wet South Yorkshire. Off to town now, so will keep this brief. Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Sprout Sat 28-Sep-19 09:33:04

Morning all. Marydoll I have had the same cough for days driving me and everyone around me mad. I also love to hear about Scotland as never been which is awful as been round the world but never Scotland or Wales. That is on my bucket list. I hope everyone has a good day even if raining and windy.

Pittcity Sat 28-Sep-19 09:21:55

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Seriously contemplating putting the heating on...

What a corker Susan56

Susan56 Sat 28-Sep-19 09:14:10

Hi everyone,just to let you know Henry Jude has arrived safely???

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 28-Sep-19 08:59:48

Morning all from South Notts where there are blue skies - a great difference from yesterdays heavy showers.

Apart from the usual lazy, relaxing day with the giant crossword I'm hoping to go to a Macmillan coffee morning which is well within walking distance for a scrummy cake.

Hope all is well with everyone.

gillybob Sat 28-Sep-19 08:56:17

Good morning from a very wet and miserable NE coast.
My bad chest and cough have now caused me to lose my voice ( oh DH will be pleased) so I think it’s going to be a quiet weekend .

Have a wonderful trip Marydoll it sounds great fun. I hope you manage to stifle your cough.

I hope all of those on holiday or travelling , have a lovely time and safe and pleasant journeys .
To those feeling under the weather I hope you feel better soon.
Have a good Saturday everyone x

Anniebach Sat 28-Sep-19 08:54:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Thinking of you Phoenix x

Hope everyone has a good day x

phoenix Sat 28-Sep-19 08:52:00

Hello from North Devon. Will be setting off to Plymouth later for a cataract operation!

Teal Sat 28-Sep-19 08:38:25

Good Morning everyone from a rainy NE.
Had a lovely day in Yorkshire yesterday but goodness me I’m shattered today, so a pottering at home day today.
I’m going to make Mary Berry’s Apple dessert cake, and maybe toad in the hole for dinner tonight.
Hope everyone has a good day and enjoy your train trip Marydoll

Alygran Sat 28-Sep-19 08:22:33

Good morning. The sun is just peeping out in North Yorkshire after a rainy night.
Heading to Newcastle today to see a friend.
Belated happy birthday Nankate. Enjoy your trip Marydoll.
Hope everyone has a good day.

NannyJan53 Sat 28-Sep-19 08:20:54

Good morning from a sunny Korcula.

We are off on the ferry today to Hvar, where we stay until next Saturday.

Belated birthday greetings NanKate not long after mine!

Wishing everyone a lovely day, we save travels to all travelling

BlueSapphire Sat 28-Sep-19 08:11:10

Urmstongran, my late DH came from Bury. Used to love going to visit the late P-in-laws.

Urmstongran Sat 28-Sep-19 08:06:18

Good morning everyone from a damp South Manchester but at least we have some bright blue streaks in the sky, amongst the grey!

At lunchtime I’m being picked up by an ex colleague and we are driving over to Bury to see another ex colleague. We meet up once a year since we all retired and we always have a great time.

Marydoll what a spectacular view! I’m envious of your day it sounds amazing.

kitty safe journey home and I hope your hall ceiling is still up. More rain is forecast today and I’m sure driving home it’ll make you anxious.

Belated birthday wishes NanKate!

Hope you enjoy the SOAP dish Beechnut ? and that Saturday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

cornergran Sat 28-Sep-19 07:53:21

Morning All. It’s throwing it down in our corner of Somerset. Had most of the day in bed yesterday while the room revolved slowly around me. Still feel horrid but at least the room is still today. Should do a list for a much needed food shop, see how it goes. I’m envious of that train trip marydoll, we did two Pullman trips in Wales recently and loved every minute. Relax and enjoy. Happy belated birthday kate, safe journey to kitty, mr lester and anyone else swimming around on very wet roads. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

harrigran Sat 28-Sep-19 07:50:52

Good morning from a dark NE where the rain is torrential.
I am not leaving the house today.
I dared to have a very mild curry dish last night and I have had pain all night. I must assume that food like this is now off the menu.