Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(44 Posts)
ninathenana Sun 29-Sep-19 07:06:29

Nobody up yet ?
I'll open up then.

Good morning everyone.
Wind, rain, lightning, it's been a fun night in Kent. I gave up trying to sleep at 5am.
Hope it's better where you are and that you have a good day.

EllanVannin Sun 29-Sep-19 12:29:20

Aw gillybob, poor you and poor H as well. Ill health is scary and always made worse at night when you're at your lowest ebb. I do hope something can be sorted to alleviate H's pain then you'll at least have some quiet nights to face your frantic life/days. I do feel for you as having a D your age I'd be beside myself with worry if she was in the same position. x

Teal Sun 29-Sep-19 11:43:57

A late good morning from a wet NE.
A bit of tidying up in the greenhouse today and a Sunday lunch to be made.
My DS is coming back from college especially for a roast beef dinner.
It’ll be lovely to see him, he started at marine college a couple of weeks ago and this is his first visit home.
He’s my last one to fly the nest, it has been a bit of an adjustment but I’m getting used to it now.
Wishing everyone a lovely Sunday.

Mapleleaf Sun 29-Sep-19 10:40:14

Good morning,
It's a wet, miserable morning here in South Yorkshire.
I'm pleased to read that your trip was so enjoyable Marydoll and that you got such a bargain, too.
Sorry that you had a disturbed night gilly and that your DH is still feeling so poorly. I do hope that hospital appointment & treatment soon comes.
Glad you are feeling so much better EllanVannin.
We had friends round for supper last night and enjoyed a good evening, catching up on news. Thankfully, there's not a lot to tidy up as we did most of it last night - I hate coming down next morning to lots of clearing up.
Well, despite the weather, I hope you all enjoy a nice Sunday.

dragonfly46 Sun 29-Sep-19 10:35:52

Sorry to hear about your DH and yourself. Now the holiday season is over I do hope your DH has his op.

NfkDumpling Sun 29-Sep-19 10:31:31

Morning All

Wet and soggy in Norfolk. I blame my DH who's been moaning about the lack of rain and our flagging garden for weeks. Now he's moaning about how the grass is greening up and growing as we watch.

Off to our DGS's grannies tea party this afternoon. He had his friend's party yesterday and some of the parents lingered long after, with resulting hangovers. That never happened in my day when kids were left at the party. Now there has to be enough food and drink to cater for the parents party in the kitchen!

Urmstongran Sun 29-Sep-19 10:25:39

Quite understandable gillybob I’m sure many on here really care about you. x

Susan56 Sun 29-Sep-19 10:10:33

Harrigran, we started watching the Crown when my husband was laid up after his accident earlier this year.We soon got hooked on it,really looking forward to the new series.
Gilly, sorry you have had such a bad night.Hope you feel better soon and that your husbands operation date can be sorted.Look after yourself as well as everyone else?

moggie Sun 29-Sep-19 10:09:06

Good morning all, a bit grey & damp in Nottingham after overnight rain. Joiner here working in kitchen. We had a lovely curry last night & went to bar in the Lace Market called lost property set in the caves to sample the gin ? I love M& Co marydoll what a bargain, I shop online with them. Glad you’re feeling better ellenvannin & you rebooked your holiday vena11 DH watching rugby, I will tackle ironing & visit my sister later. Hope all mor well feel better soon. Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Sun 29-Sep-19 10:02:25

A late good morning from the NE coast where it is grey, damp and pretty miserable. A bit like DH and I who haven’t had a very good night . He’s been pacing the floor in agony again (expect a trip to
A& E might be on the cards again later) and I have been coughing and snivelling.

I must try and get myself pulled around to do a bit food shopping for the week ahead . Lots of childminding, school runs and of course “that place”.
The weekends seem to be getting shorter and shorter .

So glad you enjoyed your trip Marydoll smile
Sorry but I’m not in a very chatty mood this morning .

Have a good day everyone x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 29-Sep-19 09:44:35

Morning all from south Notts. We had a lot of rain overnight but it's dry at the moment with pale skies.
The usual drive and then the weekly shopping.
I've a sore throat so may give church a miss.
Hope all is well with everyone.

EllanVannin Sun 29-Sep-19 09:43:08

Oh goody, casserole and hot-pot time.
That'll put hairs on your chest and muscles in your spit.

NanaPlenty Sun 29-Sep-19 09:42:46

Good morning all. It’s very very wet in Essex this morning. I’m off for lunch to celebrate an 88th birthday with family (my first mother in law) and am looking forward to it and counting myself very luck to get on so well with my ex that his family are all still precious family to me, Have a good day everyone and drive carefully if you have bad weather today.

Urmstongran Sun 29-Sep-19 09:39:00

Sar53 that sentence I am going to put a casserole in the oven for dinner and probably spend the day watching tv and reading. just sounds so soothing!!

Urmstongran Sun 29-Sep-19 09:37:37

EV ?

Sprout Sun 29-Sep-19 09:35:45

Morning all. Well not much today raining again of course in Essex. Had lovely meal with D last night. Quiet day today. Hope everyone is ok and those poorly get well soon

Susan56 Sun 29-Sep-19 09:31:01

Good morning from Shropshire.Have just been woken by the phone.I can’t remember the last time I slept for so long.
A quiet day at home today.I will probably do some cooking to take to the new family of four when we visit tomorrow.
Glad you enjoyed the train trip Marydoll,did you manage to sit together?
Thank you again for all the good wishes on the birth of Henry Jude.
Have a good day everyone.

oldgaijin Sun 29-Sep-19 09:24:02

Good mornin g from a dreich Aberdeenshire. Am in bed, with the tail end of a virus but I have a mug of tea, the mutt is curled up beside me and am watching the Wales/Australia rugby match...brilliant! Think I'll root for the home nation.
Have a great day.

harrigran Sun 29-Sep-19 09:20:51

Good morning from a grey, damp NE.
Yesterday was a poorly day and I spent it on the sofa. I had never watched The Crown so started with episode one of series one in the hope I am caught up by the time the new series starts in November. It is like watching my youth again.
No word from family, hope I get a bit of warning if they are coming for dinner.

Grammaretto Sun 29-Sep-19 09:13:44

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where it's dry and calm. I think we had all the rain we can have for this week.
DH cooked us breakfast which is good, isn't it. He has now left the house and the sink is full of greasy pots and pans for me to fish out. One of my least favourite jobs. However this is a happy thread so I must not grumble!
Glad the train trip was wonderful Marydoll esp the weather. I have been on that line long before it was famous. But not on a classy train.
Sorry you had an emergency Ellan and hope you are ok.
It must be great to be in your new house at last Nannytopsy
A new baby Susan How lovely. I'm glad to hear you have managed to rearrange the holiday Venall
I have heaps of housework but I think I'll "talk" to new cousins discovered via an Ancestry DNA test.
Have a nice today wherever you are.

EllanVannin Sun 29-Sep-19 09:10:07

Thank you ALL for your kindnesses/ concerns x

Sar53 Sun 29-Sep-19 09:08:48

Good morning everyone from a very wet and windy Essex by the sea. I don't think we will be going far today.
DH is not a happy bunny, he has a very painful hand and wrist and is not sleeping well. He's going to try and get an appointment with his doctor tomorrow. It's not red or swollen but incredibly painful and he is struggling to grip anything.
I am going to put a casserole in the oven for dinner and probably spend the day watching tv and reading.
I hope you all manage to stay afloat today.

EllanVannin Sun 29-Sep-19 09:07:52

Hahahaha, Urmstongran, I did wonder ! I've a marvellous set of lungs delighted to say. It's the circulation that's the problem when I get my wires crossed, too much electrical activity.

I should stand in the corner of the room with a lampshade on my head, I'd generate quite a bit of electricity.smile

Pantglas2 Sun 29-Sep-19 09:07:49

Morning all from another damp day in north Wales. Just having morning chamber pot of tea (you should see the size of my breakfast mug) whilst keeping an eye on the rugby - we’re winning at the moment but it’s gonna be a tough one! Alun Wyn Jones is my next husband - he just hasn’t met me yet!

Well done Marydoll for your fiscal finagle- I managed to get a cocktail dress for £6 (£65) once so you’ve beaten me into a cocked hat!

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday x

Anniebach Sun 29-Sep-19 08:58:01

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Urmstongran Sun 29-Sep-19 08:53:46

Sorry for the muddle - the bit about being wheezy was supposed to be to Marydoll.

I really ought to preview my messages instead of rushing to post!