Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(43 Posts)
ninathenana Sun 29-Sep-19 07:06:29

Nobody up yet ?
I'll open up then.

Good morning everyone.
Wind, rain, lightning, it's been a fun night in Kent. I gave up trying to sleep at 5am.
Hope it's better where you are and that you have a good day.

Beechnut Sun 29-Sep-19 07:15:57

Good Morning nina and all who follow.
Just getting light and is very wet with more rain forecast.

I’m going to grout my mosaic today, carry on with my bracket making and hope it will be successful and generally potter followed by a G&T.
I hope you tell us about your train journey Marydoll.

Have the best day you can everyone, a brolly will be needed if you’re out and about ?

BlueSapphire Sun 29-Sep-19 07:19:08

Good morning Nina and all to come.

It's a pretty miserable morning in Northampton too, dark and wet.

Disappointing result for my rugby yesterday, narrowly losing to Wasps after a nail-biting last few minutes.

Hope it eases off a bit by lunchtime as I am off to the cinema to see 'The Goldfinch', which I wanted to see having read the Donna Tartt book a few years ago, but the reviews have not been good. However, a nice glass of red wine ? should help it along!

Hope today holds something nice for everyone.

Lins1066 Sun 29-Sep-19 07:19:15

Good Morning nina, we had heavy rain all day yesterday and through the night. The forecast is dire for today too on the S Welsh coast. I couldn't sleep until 2 am ish and have just woken up. There were an awful lot of flood warnings yesterday.

Our daughter who is on holiday, went to the Petronas Tower in Kuala Lumpur last night and there was a thunderstorm, very dramatic she said. Rain everywhere it seems. She is going to an Irish Bar to watch the World Cup match between Wales and Australia.

Hope that everyone will have a good day whatever your plans.
We will have a curry later with DS and DiL.

EllanVannin Sun 29-Sep-19 07:29:50

Good Morning ninathenana and All who will be here x

Very still, damp but nothing else to report as regards the weather as it's so dark.
A brilliant 8 hours solid sleep for which I'm thankful for as it'll set me up for the day. Still a lot of tidying and sorting to do.

Not sure whether D had said she was off work today, if so she'll be paying a visit to tell me about two celebrations she managed to attend for a couple of hours over the last couple of nights. I would normally have gone but wasn't up to it.

I'll make a quick sponge cake to use up the eggs from 2 weeks ago before I fling them---what am I like ? Just a jam filling as I've got no cream.

I'm feeling tons better after my little " knock-back " yesterday, so I hope it stays that way as long as I don't overdo things.

Hope everyone's day goes well. It soon gets round to Sundays doesn't it ? Much to gillybob's dismay sad

Marydoll Sun 29-Sep-19 07:30:11

Good morning Nina and all who follow. We are all late this
morning! ?

Well, I'm absolutely shattered after our thirteen hour round train trip!
After an initial hiccup, (train broke down before it started!)
we had a fabulous time. The weather was glorious and the scenery stunning.
The views down the Firth of Clyde were fantastic and we saw it from a completely different perspective, we we live on the south side of the river and the railway line hugged the north side. We were able to pick up lots of landmarks, including the Tesco store shining in the dark, miles across the river!

We had had an hour in Fort William and the Harry Potter Express arrived, just before our train came in for the return journey, so excitement all round. Being me, I managed a bit of retail therapy. I went into M&Co for a quick browse of the sale rale, where I spotted a dress reduced from £30 to £6, "a bargain" I thought.
When I went to pay, the assistant asked if I had a loyalty card, which I said I had lost. I was complaining that I had a £5 loyalty voucher, but couldn't use it, as I had no card. The lovely assistant scanned it and I got the dress for £1 !!!

I'm off to church, but I'm afraid I may fall asleep, I'm so tired and the hacking cough is hacking even louder, I have been wheezing since I got up!

Susan, congratulations on the new baby and Ellenvanin*, I was sorry to read of your midnight visit to A&E. I hope you are on the mend.
Enjoy your day, everyone.

dragonfly46 Sun 29-Sep-19 07:30:25

Good morning everyone, not opened the curtains yet so not sure what the weather is doing. I hate dark mornings.

Going to see Phoebe Waller-Bridge in her one woman show courtesy of the National Theatre at the cinema today.

dragonfly46 Sun 29-Sep-19 07:34:20

Pleased you had a great time Mary and pleased to hear you are feeling better Ellan.

Ginny42 Sun 29-Sep-19 07:46:14

Good morning Nina and everyone. It poured with rain in the night in Cheshire and it's very grey and murky this morning.

Sleepy head this morning as I was awake until around 2.00 a.m. I started watching a programme about the piano players where the instruments have been placed for anyone to play, e.g. St. Pancras station. Wonderful programme and so many talented people. I could watch it again and still not take it all in.

Going to my sister's for lunch today, so a lazy morning. I will start packing for going on holiday on Wednesday.

kittylester Sun 29-Sep-19 07:48:30

Morning all from a very wet (both inside and out!) North Leicestershire!

Its lovely to be home despite the soggy hall.

I missed news of your trip to a&e, ellen. I hope you are ok now or, at least, getting there.

EllanVannin Sun 29-Sep-19 07:51:35

Thank you Marydoll and Dragonfly for your kind words.x

Yes, I'm much much better thankyou. It was all about the heart's " electrical system " firing off in all directions, quite uncomfortable and would be scary to those who've never experienced it-----no pain or anything, just the heart racing and doesn't know when to stop. The staff were kindness itself and within 2 hours had got me back to normal with immediate treatment. No bruising from the cannulas ? Brilliant !

NanKate Sun 29-Sep-19 07:54:39

Morning Nina Mary and All to follow.

Grey and miserable here in Sussex. The 2 DGSs return here to their Dad’s this afternoon which will liven things up, it’s so quiet without them.

Wow Mary a dress for £1.00 I realise this is part of your strategy to keep your spending below mine for the thread on what we spend on clothes. I shall have to rein back a bit as you are using clever tactics. ?

We are having a belated Birthday Tea this afternoon when our small family will be together.

Hope you have sorted your leaks Kitty.

vena11 Sun 29-Sep-19 08:15:33

Good morning all, rain and miserable morning here in Bristol.
WE have rebooked our holiday for my brothers 70th my DBIL got it all sorted for us all and me managed to get the same hotel such a shame for others who cant rebook I really feel for them .
I am going to have a lazy morning before DD and DGS appears in the afternoon and I expect once the other DGS and DGD know they are here they will all appear to see them.
Glad you enjoyed your trip Marydoll and Ellanvannin I am glad you are feeling better.
I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday

Auntieflo Sun 29-Sep-19 08:21:13

Morning Nina, Annie to come and all others.
EllanVannin, I sometimes get AF, and described it as my heart going Lickety Split. Not nice.
What an eye and a nose for a bargain Marydoll, well done
We are off to Church a bit later, and there is a Harvest lunch afterwards. DH is back to doing the AV system, after a break, and I am hoping I can sit still as my ribs are still so sore.
Have a good day one and all.

whywhywhy Sun 29-Sep-19 08:24:44

Good morning every one from a wet and soggy Market Harborough area. Have a lovely sunday.

I have my two grand daughters and we are going to do some glass painting shortly and then they are back home.

Last night I taught my youngest grand daughter (Hannah) to knit and she is really good.

Take care

Nannytopsy Sun 29-Sep-19 08:40:07

Good morning everyone! It’s soggy in Suffolk too! Rather too much wine last night with DD &SiL but lovely to have visitors in our new house! Have to get up to watch the rugby. I thought of you BlueSapphire as we watched Wasps win. It was a good game.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 29-Sep-19 08:47:30

Good morning from ‘north of Morpeth’, wet again this morning, is it too much to hope it does like yesterday and turns into a glorious late summer day. The beach was wonderful (as it always is). Spent yesterday evening nattering to my old school friend (known each other for 50 years now); 11 pm was quite an early finish for us. Hope to see ‘little’ sister this morning before we go off to Keilder for a couple of days probably for some wet walking. Have a good day.

Urmstongran Sun 29-Sep-19 08:50:46

Good morning everyone from a wet South Manchester. It chucked it down all yesterday and all last night. Still mild though - we haven’t had the heating in yet and still have the summer duvet on the bed.

No plans for today so will see what unfolds. Will definitely be going over to see the smalls at some point!

Loved your joke about the spending on clothes NanKate compared with Marydoll - seems you have a real challenge on your hands!

Marydoll what a fantastic experience you had yesterday. The scenery up there is truly amazing.

Oh EV what a scare for you having to go the A&E late on Friday night. Glad to hear you’re fine now. Take it easy and pace yourself, especially as you are wheezy.

And Auntieflo that must have been quite some cartwheel you performed on entering that car showroom when you went to collect your new car! You are still bruised poor thing. You rest up too when you can.

Bet Mick’s having a great time, no matter the weather. I read once there’s no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing!

Hope Sunday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Urmstongran Sun 29-Sep-19 08:53:46

Sorry for the muddle - the bit about being wheezy was supposed to be to Marydoll.

I really ought to preview my messages instead of rushing to post!

Anniebach Sun 29-Sep-19 08:58:01

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Pantglas2 Sun 29-Sep-19 09:07:49

Morning all from another damp day in north Wales. Just having morning chamber pot of tea (you should see the size of my breakfast mug) whilst keeping an eye on the rugby - we’re winning at the moment but it’s gonna be a tough one! Alun Wyn Jones is my next husband - he just hasn’t met me yet!

Well done Marydoll for your fiscal finagle- I managed to get a cocktail dress for £6 (£65) once so you’ve beaten me into a cocked hat!

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday x

EllanVannin Sun 29-Sep-19 09:07:52

Hahahaha, Urmstongran, I did wonder ! I've a marvellous set of lungs delighted to say. It's the circulation that's the problem when I get my wires crossed, too much electrical activity.

I should stand in the corner of the room with a lampshade on my head, I'd generate quite a bit of electricity.smile

Sar53 Sun 29-Sep-19 09:08:48

Good morning everyone from a very wet and windy Essex by the sea. I don't think we will be going far today.
DH is not a happy bunny, he has a very painful hand and wrist and is not sleeping well. He's going to try and get an appointment with his doctor tomorrow. It's not red or swollen but incredibly painful and he is struggling to grip anything.
I am going to put a casserole in the oven for dinner and probably spend the day watching tv and reading.
I hope you all manage to stay afloat today.

EllanVannin Sun 29-Sep-19 09:10:07

Thank you ALL for your kindnesses/ concerns x

Grammaretto Sun 29-Sep-19 09:13:44

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where it's dry and calm. I think we had all the rain we can have for this week.
DH cooked us breakfast which is good, isn't it. He has now left the house and the sink is full of greasy pots and pans for me to fish out. One of my least favourite jobs. However this is a happy thread so I must not grumble!
Glad the train trip was wonderful Marydoll esp the weather. I have been on that line long before it was famous. But not on a classy train.
Sorry you had an emergency Ellan and hope you are ok.
It must be great to be in your new house at last Nannytopsy
A new baby Susan How lovely. I'm glad to hear you have managed to rearrange the holiday Venall
I have heaps of housework but I think I'll "talk" to new cousins discovered via an Ancestry DNA test.
Have a nice today wherever you are.